Free dining coming Sunday?

JimboJones123

The giant gift card promo ends the 27th.

Will free dining be offered the 28th?

I just got my Disney Rewards Debit in the mail 3 weeks ago and am ready to break it in if the offer opens up early.

Anybody else breathlessly waiting?

I have been. Since October.

TammiDZ

Hi all - I'm new to the site, and have a question. I booked my Disney vaca about 2 months ago, with the dining plan (with every intention on using the Free DP, assuming it comes out). I booked all my breakfasts/dinners on day 180. I heard that you get advanced notice with the Disney Visa Card - so naturally, I signed up for it 3 weeks ago. Two questions:

1. I was told that there are a certain number of free dining for each hotel - does anyone know how many? I am staying at Pop and don't want to switch hotels. Last year Pop was booked for the free dining, so I made a reservation at All Star and the next day I called and they moved me to Pop.

2. Will Chase (Disney Visa) notify me when/if the DP comes out, or do I have to keep checking their website (because they haven't updated it to take off the promotions that ended this past weekend.)

Thanks!

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Hi all - I'm new to the site, and have a question. I booked my Disney vaca about 2 months ago, with the dining plan (with every intention on using the Free DP, assuming it comes out). I booked all my breakfasts/dinners on day 180. I heard that you get advanced notice with the Disney Visa Card - so naturally, I signed up for it 3 weeks ago. Two questions:

1. I was told that there are a certain number of free dining for each hotel - does anyone know how many? I am staying at Pop and don't want to switch hotels. Last year Pop was booked for the free dining, so I made a reservation at All Star and the next day I called and they moved me to Pop.

2. Will Chase (Disney Visa) notify me when/if the DP comes out, or do I have to keep checking their website (because they haven't updated it to take off the promotions that ended this past weekend.)

Thanks!

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

There is a limited number of rooms available at the resorts for any promotion Disney offers. It all depends on the number of rooms already booked, their projected sales, etc. I doubt anyone can provide an exact number of rooms/packages available, as it likely fluctuates in the computer based on people's length of stays and the like.

Chase usually sends out a blast email for the promotion, but I would keep checking both their site and places like WDWMagic. Believe me, about 5 minutes after it's officially announced, it will be on all of the unofficial fan sites/message boards. www.mousesavers.com is another good site that specifically focuses on various discounts for everything related to a Disney vacation.

When it is announced, call as soon as you can to have the discount applied if it is applicable for your dates of travel. The sooner you call after the announcement (if of course, it is announced!) the more likely you will be able to keep your stay at Pop.

Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Thanks!

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

There is a limited number of rooms available at the resorts for any promotion Disney offers. It all depends on the number of rooms already booked, their projected sales, etc. I doubt anyone can provide an exact number of rooms/packages available, as it likely fluctuates in the computer based on people's length of stays and the like.

Chase usually sends out a blast email for the promotion, but I would keep checking both their site and places like WDWMagic. Believe me, about 5 minutes after it's officially announced, it will be on all of the unofficial fan sites/message boards. www.mousesavers.com is another good site that specifically focuses on various discounts for everything related to a Disney vacation.

When it is announced, call as soon as you can to have the discount applied if it is applicable for your dates of travel. The sooner you call after the announcement (if of course, it is announced!) the more likely you will be able to keep your stay at Pop.

Hope this helps! :wave:
Also just to add. To use the Disney Visa offer, if one comes out, it will typically require that the entire package must be charged to your Disney Visa card.

Upvote 0

TammiDZ

Thank you so much! I put my initial deposit on another Visa because I didn't have my Disney Visa yet - but the rest of the payments will be on the Disney Visa because of the 0% financing for 6 months. Do you think it's a problem that my initial $200 deposit didn't go on that card?

Thanks again for the great info.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom