Free condiments question

daisyduckie

Thanks. I'm sorry if the way I wrote it was misleading. I'm not entirely poor and I have some spending money for the trip. I just don't want garden grocer because I only wanted PB&J I don't need more than that. There's a lot of smug holier than thou posters on this post. I regret posting it. Hopefully Disney doesn't go out of business if some people take some peanut butter packets. That would be a shame.

Many fast food restaurants have gone to having ketchup, mustard, and salt packets behind the registers, and you have to ask for them. I'm sure people taking handfuls of them were not causing them to go broke. However I'm sure it does affect their bottom line.

My question is, why would you think it ok to take anything from a quick service restaurant if you didn't purchase any food there? Paying for your room gets you your room. Not unlimited extras from the food court. You must on some level know it isn't right or you wouldn't have asked.

Have you ever seen this web site? It sells tiny packets of peanut butter, among a lot of small sized items.http://www.minimus.biz/search.aspx?keyword=peanut+butter

Kosmo1986

Thanks. I'm sorry if the way I wrote it was misleading. I'm not entirely poor and I have some spending money for the trip. I just don't want garden grocer because I only wanted PB&J I don't need more than that. There's a lot of smug holier than thou posters on this post. I regret posting it. Hopefully Disney doesn't go out of business if some people take some peanut butter packets. That would be a shame.

I really hope you enjoy your trip and you found some tips to help. Don't let a few negative comments discourage, MANY people on here are willing to help.

Cosmic Commando

I'm sorry... I've been following this thread, but I've forgotten every angle brought up. Could the OP mail themselves a package with sandwich fixings and snacks and the like? I agree that Garden Grocer isn't worth it for a few things, but the cost of postage and Disney's small package fee wouldn't be too onerous, IMO.

allymonkey

The Jif to Go packages are only 1.5 ounces so they would be small enough to go through security in checked luggage. You can buy them in packages of 3 cups or 8 cups and they run around $3 or $4 a box at my local grocery store for the 8 pack. Smuckers also make small travel sized packages of jelly that can be purchased.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Have considered mailing a small box of those items to yourself before you leave?
This is exactly what I was going to suggest.

Either that or look into Garden Grocer.

Or, if you wish, you can take the bus to Disney Springs and walk across the street (ok, with the new roads, I'm not sure how to do that, though I do know they built a pedestrian bridge) to the Hess station and they sell stuff like that there.

Another option is to take a short taxi ride (or Uber) to the Hess (several of them on property), and they sell that stuff.

If you are driving or renting a car, problem solved. There's a super walmart about 10 minutes from Disney Springs, among other shopping options.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Do you know if Polynesian has a grocery section? I'm heading to Ohana our first day I'll just pick it up there if so.
Poly does, yes. Moana Mercantile, I think...

Ft. Wilderness is another option. Go to the Settlement Trading Post (center of the property). They sell all sorts of stuff more in "line" with eating on the cheap as it caters to campers.

Ft-Wilderness-Trading%2325C48.jpg

See what's there? Center section second shelf down? Peanut Butter AND Jelly! <winks>

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Finally caught up, I say the best bet, as Magoo and others have said, is just pack yourself a nice "care box" and ship it to the resort. You can put pretty much whatever you want in there (as long as it's not illegal, a weapon or toxic) and it's cheap to send it USPS weeks in advance.

I've been there, done that. The boxes will be easy to pick up from Bell Services when you arrive. You can also include some other items to gain yourself some space in your carry ons...such as extra wipes, diapers, training pants, whatever...even extra clothes.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
OP, ignore the internet trolls who just look for any opening to attack or push their judgmental selves onto you. What you do in your life is your business and I wish you a good trip. As for what you asked. I was just at Pop and saw Peanut Butter and jelly to buy. But like a few others said, you might could mail a small box of items from your house to the resort and they'll hold it for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom