Free Admission

EPCOT_Rocks

Original Poster
I have been to WDW many, many, many times, and I live in Orlando and know many more people who are park regulars and none of them have ever herd of this, and I promise it is true.

I was at WDW this weekend. My mother and I went to EPCOT mid-afternoon, and we entered through the Int. Gateway. My mother was ahead of me and went to the shorter of the two lines. Something occured with the party in front of us and there was a discussion between them and two CMs. They were eventually admitted through a handicap/stroller gate, not through a turnstyle. My Mother just followed them with her ticket out, and I was expecting her to be directed to insert her ticket into the adjacent turnstyle, but insted the CM just looked at her ticket and said go on, and allowed her to pass through the gate. I was behind with my ticket also out and was told to do the same. I assumed the turnstyle had malfunctioned and they were going to take our tickets or something but it quickly became clear that we had been admitted into the park. Our tickets were not scanned, and thus we basically got into the park without media. I am just curious to see if anyone has ever herd of this, and I also want to make a few points so as to prevent this from becomming an attack of my gaining free admission.

1) My ticket was an annual pass so I didn't actually get in free, although my mom did intend to burn a day on a 4 day park-hopper with no exp. date.
2) We have been to Disney countless times and always stay on property, and I am a shareholder, so I don't feel we duped the company.
3) We are not con-artists.

Oh and one last thing, we did not try to utilyze FP at all, in case you were curious.

kasey1988

a similiar thing happened to me while i was down in may. My 7 day park hopper pass never seemed to work. The first time at the MK and i had to retain a new card and yet it still didnt work and they just let me go in. The next day my card did work at epcot but later did not work at AK but yet again they let me go in and directed me to goto the left to guest services where i got a new card. But im sure there are some unhonest people out there that try to scam there way in

Plutoboy

I really don't mean to sound sarcastic hear but what does being a Disney Stock holder and always being or staying on property have to do with you getting free/the Cast Member scanning your ticket. From the sounds of it you are saying that there was an incident with an unruly guest and a cast member. The policy from what I remember is to get the area clear of other guests no matter what.... basically Disney does not want a huge crowd gathering over some idiot who thinks he/she is proving their point.

I would chalk not having your AP or your Mom's ticket scanned as a courtey and because they did not want a scene.

coasterphil

He was just trying to defuse the people who are going to come in and say he is stealing from Disney and he should have demanded that they take his ticket.

DisneyRoxMySox

There was probably just a problem with the turnstiles...I imagine the CMs figured that you had a valid ticket to the park and weren't thinking about days and what not.

imamouse

FYI - If you had tried to use your tickets to obtain a FP, the ticket issued would not be valid. It would say something to the effect that the media inserted into the FP machine was not used to gain entrance to the park that day. This happened to me with my AP when I was admitted via backstage one day, then went on to enjoy the park. After the FP incident, I went outside and re-entered the turnstile with my AP. I wasn't trying to pull anything (like the OP, I have an AP, so admission had been paid), but it just didn't occur to me that the FP machines would "know" that I had not gone through the entrance turnstiles. Whoops!

bgraham34

On a trip a few years back the turnstyles were not working and he told me to just go in. Too bad I had an annual pass otherwise i would have had a free day to play.

meryll83

Plutoboy said:
I really don't mean to sound sarcastic hear but what does being a Disney Stock holder and always being or staying on property have to do with you getting free/the Cast Member scanning your ticket.

I don't think they meant it like that.
They were just trying to explain that it's not like they were trying to con Disney as they are already regular visitors and supporters.

Just sticking up for ya there EPCOT rocks!

Miss Bell

You can't get a FP unless they scan your ticket--without that you are not "in the park." We had this problem earlier this summer when we kept having trouble with my daughter's AP.

shoppingnut

When we were at MGM this past weekend, there was a problem with the turnstiles not working at all, so they were letting people in without scanning the tickets, but stamped a date on the back of my AP ticket, probably so I could get FP's.

DisneyJill

I'm sure you still could have gotten a FP if needed. I've been in a similar situation (went in backstage and my ID didn't recognize I was in the park when I put it in the FP machine) and I explained to the CM and all was well again. You know, they just have a "way" to get a FP whenever needed. :animwink:

darthjohnny

Has anyone put in there annual pass and it went straight through, you didn't even have to scan your fingers? It happened to me a couple times at Magic Kingdom.

EpcoTim

My dad is a AP holder. They couldnt get his thumb to scan or whatever it was last time I was down there, so they apologized, and handed him a stack of FP's and that was that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom