FPs tomorrow. How long did it take you to make them?

luckynerak

Original Poster
Apparently I’m lucky enough to have my Fast Pass day fall on the same day as my kids’ first day of school! Yay! As if I wasn’t nervous enough about getting my FPs reserved! I have 6 days worth of FPs to make. Approximately how long did it take you to make them? Trying to figure out my time frame tomorrow. I only have a little over an hour between FP opening time vs. when my daughter gets on the bus, so I’m going to feel crunched for time. Also, did you use the app or computer? Still trying to decide which to use. Thanks!

crxbrett

I did mine on my phone with the app and used my laptop as backup just in case, but never had to use the laptop. I had all my FP times/attractions prioritized on a list before the big day so it was super easy and quick for me. I think I booked all 14 days worth of my FP+s in about 60 minutes exactly. 6 days shouldn't take you more than 25 minutes, assuming the site/or app are working properly.

Also, do you have your FP+ wants already on a list and know what you want for each day? That makes the process practically painless if you already know what you want and when you want going in.

Good luck!!! And hope you get everything you are shooting for!

Weather_Lady

I made our initial FP+ (4 people, same FP+, 6 days) in about 10 minutes last time, using the phone app.

I had a written list of the parks/attractions/times I wanted for each day. I started with day 2, our AK day, to make sure we could get FoP (only evening times were available, but I was delighted to see any at all that early in our trip), then backtracked and did days 1, 2, 3 (2 more at AK), 4, 5, and 6. We were able to get all of the attractions we wanted, but not necessarily at the exact time I had in mind. That was no problem: I just went back over the ensuing days, moved a few FP+ around as more desirable time slots became available, and retooled our touring plans to work around the rest of our FP+.

Last edited:

Herdman

I used the laptop and had a priority list based on the difficulty I thought I would have in getting them. I was jumping back and forth between days and parks so it took me about 45 minutes as I recall. Everything went really smooth with the website so I felt lucky in that regard. Our trip was for 8 days.

CaptainAmerica

Apparently I’m lucky enough to have my Fast Pass day fall on the same day as my kids’ first day of school! Yay! As if I wasn’t nervous enough about getting my FPs reserved! I have 6 days worth of FPs to make. Approximately how long did it take you to make them? Trying to figure out my time frame tomorrow. I only have a little over an hour between FP opening time vs. when my daughter gets on the bus, so I’m going to feel crunched for time. Also, did you use the app or computer? Still trying to decide which to use. Thanks!
With the exception of Avatar, FastPasses are not nearly as time sensitive as you think. There's a built-in panic in the Disney planning community that comes from booking dining reservations at 180 days, particularly at certain high-demand restaurants or during the Free Dine promotion. FP+ isn't nearly that urgent. Yes, it's best to do as much as you can the first morning (prioritizing Avatar and days early in your trip), but if you don't get back to it until that afternoon or the next day, you'll be totally fine.

Hamlit

The only fast passes that could be difficult 60 days out right now are slinky dog and flights of passage. I suggest getting those first and if you want those fast passes they may only be available for later in your trip, then go back and fill in everything else. I also suggest going back in and tweaking times to get your FPS back to back, allowing for you to add 4th and 5th fastpasses after using your third for the day.

crxbrett

How did your FP+ day go??

ljransom

For a 2 week holiday it took me 5-10 mins to book mine... Maybe i'm just quick but i knew exactly what i wanted and had it all planned out. Couldn't imagine spending an hour doing it :O

James J

In the Parks
No
For a 2 week holiday it took me 5-10 mins to book mine... Maybe i'm just quick but i knew exactly what i wanted and had it all planned out. Couldn't imagine spending an hour doing it :O

That's super quick - I made my bookings for my 10 day trip in 40 minutes last week. Would have been slightly quicker had MDE not being playing up as I tried to do it...

WDW_Jon

1 hour to do 14 days, that was mainly due to MDE online playing up, had mine roughly planned. Then spent 30 mins later in the day moving a few things by 30/60mins to make it more efficient as took the suggested to ensure I got what I wanted...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom