FPs and split stays changing

kainsel

Original Poster
I am looking to confirm that if you have a split stay, it is now broken up into 2 different 60 day windows for FPs.

For example, staying at CBR for 2 days then POP for 4 days. You use to be able to get FPs for 60+6, the whole length of the stay. Now you get 60+2 for CBR and then 2 days later can book 60+4 for POP.

Is this now true? Really sucks if it is.

Rteetz

I am looking to confirm that if you have a split stay, it is now broken up into 2 different 60 day windows for FPs.

For example, staying at CBR for 2 days then POP for 4 days. You use to be able to get FPs for 60+6, the whole length of the stay. Now you get 60+2 for CBR and then 2 days later can book 60+4 for POP.

Is this now true? Really sucks if it is.
Correct this is a recent change.

rrchicago

I had this question as well. We just reserved a split stay for June for my nephew's birthday before we knew about this (disappointing) change to the rules. We booked 3 nights at POP and 3 nights at Coronado, with a 4-day hopper attached to the POP reservation. I hate the idea of having two FP+ windows. Do folks recommend just dropping the split stay and staying only at one hotel (in order to book FP+ throughout the entire 6-day trip) or is there another workable option? A CM on the phone mentioned we can buy our park tickets separately from our hotel reservations so it's not a "package" together. Would that allow us to make FP+ reservations for the entire stay even if we have two different hotels?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I had this question as well. We just reserved a split stay for June for my nephew's birthday before we knew about this (disappointing) change to the rules. We booked 3 nights at POP and 3 nights at Coronado, with a 4-day hopper attached to the POP reservation. I hate the idea of having two FP+ windows. Do folks recommend just dropping the split stay and staying only at one hotel (in order to book FP+ throughout the entire 6-day trip) or is there another workable option? A CM on the phone mentioned we can buy our park tickets separately from our hotel reservations so it's not a "package" together. Would that allow us to make FP+ reservations for the entire stay even if we have two different hotels?

You FP+ window is tied to your hotel stay, not the length of time you purchase park tickets,so no this would not work.

nickys

Premium Member
It’s been changed back to complete open booking window for all onsite Split Stays at 60 days out from the first stay’s check-in date. :)

Yep! Been tracking this, I may have posted it somewhere on one of the FP threads.

It changed around a week to 10 days ago, about the same time as FPs actually started being deleted when a room is cancelled (just about when people began thinking it was all a bluff).

rrchicago

It’s been changed back to complete open booking window for all onsite Split Stays at 60 days out from the first stay’s check-in date. :)

Ugh, I can't believe it! We switched around our reservation--cancelled our split stay and just chose a single resort for the full week--because of that issue with the FP windows. I'm glad it's back to use in the future--we love split stays--but I'm a bit perturbed we got caught in the back-and-forth of the rule changes this time around.

Goodeone

Didn't want to start a new thread for this question, so I'm hoping you don't mind me jumping on your thread here...

How would this work if there's a gap in my stay? Currently looking at staying at Coronado Springs from Oct.29th-Nov.1st, doing a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas from Nov.1st-Nov.4th, then Pop Century from the 4th to the 9th. Grand total of 12 days between our first to last park day.

Would we have 2 60 day windows? Or if the 2 reservations are both linked to my MDE account will we get the full benefit of a single 60+10 day window?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Didn't want to start a new thread for this question, so I'm hoping you don't mind me jumping on your thread here...

How would this work if there's a gap in my stay? Currently looking at staying at Coronado Springs from Oct.29th-Nov.1st, doing a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas from Nov.1st-Nov.4th, then Pop Century from the 4th to the 9th. Grand total of 12 days between our first to last park day.

Would we have 2 60 day windows? Or if the 2 reservations are both linked to my MDE account will we get the full benefit of a single 60+10 day window?
You will have two 60 day windows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom