FP! What are my chances?

Yano

Original Poster
Since I will be staying in WDW for a limited time ( only two and a half park days) I wanted to make the best of it!
During a late August visit, What are my chances for getting a FP for FOP and KS as early as 9 and 10 on the AK morning EMH day
and at TSM and Slinky dog also as early as possible for the HS morning EMH day?
Keeping in mind that I’m an early riser and will be at my app and computer first thing when window for FP opens up?
😊 thank you

DisneyDaver

Since I will be staying in WDW for a limited time ( only two and a half park days) I wanted to make the best of it!
During a late August visit, What are my chances for getting a FP for FOP and KS as early as 9 and 10 on the AK morning EMH day
Keeping in mind that I’m an early riser and will be at my app and computer first thing when window for FP opens up?
😊 thank you

From what I have been reading from various posters, I think it will be a challenge for you to get a morning FP for FOP on a 2.5 day visit. I am going in November and from what I have learned from reading other posts, it looks like a late afternoon FOP FP for Day 2 will be possible and a late afternoon FOP FP for Day 3 will likely be available, but there is unlikely to be morning availability for FOP until Day 4 or 5. I have also ready that people who refresh the FP options many times a day each day have had some luck in finding other times available, but that sounds like a lot of work. Hard to say how difficult the DHS FP's will be, but I suspect TSMM and Slinky Dog will both be Tier 1 in which case you will only be able to book a FP for one of them in advance. Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect there will be morning TSMM available on your Day 2 and Day 3, but not Slinky Dog.

nickys

Premium Member
From what I have been reading from various posters, I think it will be a challenge for you to get a morning FP for FOP on a 2.5 day visit. I am going in November and from what I have learned from reading other posts, it looks like a late afternoon FOP FP for Day 2 will be possible and a late afternoon FOP FP for Day 3 will likely be available, but there is unlikely to be morning availability for FOP until Day 4 or 5. I have also ready that people who refresh the FP options many times a day each day have had some luck in finding other times available, but that sounds like a lot of work. Hard to say how difficult the DHS FP's will be, but I suspect TSMM and Slinky Dog will both be Tier 1 in which case you will only be able to book a FP for one of them in advance. Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect there will be morning TSMM available on your Day 2 and Day 3, but not Slinky Dog.

TSMM and Slinky, plus Alien Swirling Saucers all are tier 1 at DHS as of 30th June. Everything else is tier 2.

And the chances of FoP on Day 2 aren't great, to be honest. Day 3 or 4 are much more likely.

Legendary

Agreed with above responses for FOP. If you can’t get a FP and since your an early riser, I would plan on rope dropping FOP and arrive at least 1 hour prior to park opening.

tsaintc

I just booked FP+ for our upcoming June trip, and I was able to get FOP for all 3 days we will be in AK during our stay. 2 of the 3 days, all slots in the morning will still open.

Just be sure to try right at 7am ET. Good luck!

Yano

Original Poster
I just booked FP+ for our upcoming June trip, and I was able to get FOP for all 3 days we will be in AK during our stay. 2 of the 3 days, all slots in the morning will still open.

Thank you, you gave me hope, I was starting to think I won’t be able to get the FOP FP at all.

DisneyDaver

That is good news. Which days of your trip were you able to book the morning FOP FP+ (ie first day, second day, etc)?

Legendary

Yes. Pretty much impossible at 30 days for FOP. ROL should have some availability. If your staying offsite your best bet is to rope drop FOP on a non Magic morning.

DfromATX

So the prospect of booking a fastpass 30 days out exactly at 7am EST is basically impossible... great lol

I'm currently 54 days out and there is nothing left (but I was able to book ours 65 days out since AK is our last park day). So unfortunately, your best bet would be to rope drop it and keep checking. It is unlikely, but you never know.

Yano

Original Poster
I'm currently 54 days out and there is nothing left (but I was able to book ours 65 days out since AK is our last park day). So unfortunately, your best bet would be to rope drop it and keep checking. It is unlikely, but you never know.

Wow that’s a bummer for me because we have 2 and a half park days and that limits the chances for me. I think I decided to take what I get and if I have to skip FoP for this trip I won’t miss much since I haven’t done it yet... same with everything in TTL I get what I get and that’s it... my Husban has shin problems and can’t walk fast or stand for long periods of time..otherwise he’ll be in much pain.
I hope it works out for us, fingers crossed 🤞

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
my Husban has chin problems and can’t walk fast or stand for long periods of time..otherwise he’ll be in much pain.
Well, I'm no doctor, but it sounds like he's standing on his face. Have him try standing on his feet.

WDWFan2018

😊 thank you

Your chances are good. I was able to get early FPs for both on our last trip and we weren't even staying at a Disney resort. We were only able to book FPs 30 days in advance. Just keep checking.

38053WDW

Well I planned my AK/FP's day around NO early Magic Kingdom hour .. Trying daily to get FOP but nothing available so I was going to rope drop. Well now my whole week they are opening at 8AM EMH so by the time I get in (staying off property) the FOP line will over 2 hours..

WDWFan2018

Well I planned my AK/FP's day around NO early Magic Kingdom hour .. Trying daily to get FOP but nothing available so I was going to rope drop. Well now my whole week they are opening at 8AM EMH so by the time I get in (staying off property) the FOP line will over 2 hours..

Keep trying. They released a bunch of FPs for FOP about 2 weeks before my trip in February. I couldn't get them 30 days out but I just kept checking. I know it's a hassle but it could definitely pay off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom