FP+ vs. MaxPass

Which FP system do you prefer?

• FP+

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • MaxPass

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters

Jon81uk

You could just as easily ask, FastPass or FP+.

They are completely different, FastPass and MaxPass allow you to collect a virtual wait time and return later in the day while in the park. FP+ allows you to book rides up to 60 days in advance.

MaxPass is obviously better as it allows for a degree of spontaneity, as long as you don't arrive in the afternoon and all return times have been distributed. But with FP+ you have certainty over what attractiosn you will experiance.

manmythlegend

Original Poster
You could just as easily ask, FastPass or FP+.

They are completely different, FastPass and MaxPass allow you to collect a virtual wait time and return later in the day while in the park. FP+ allows you to book rides up to 60 days in advance.

MaxPass is obviously better as it allows for a degree of spontaneity, as long as you don't arrive in the afternoon and all return times have been distributed. But with FP+ you have certainty over what attractiosn you will experiance.

If you arrive early to the parks, you also have certainty over which attractions you will experience with MaxPass.

PiratesMansion

FP+ is exactly the same thing as MaxPass except you can book 3 ahead of time (and don't have to pay extra....yet...)
Except....

It's really, really easy to get more than 3 MaxPass bookings (or even a regular FP booking!) in a single day for the things most people actually really want to come to the park and ride.

Just try getting a FP+ for something new and popular if you aren't staying on site and booking around 60 days out. Try to get it day of. Could it happen? Technically. Is it likely? Absolutely not.

I can see FP+ being better if...
1.) You absolutely cannot get to the parks in the morning (due to personal choice or travel)
2.) You prioritize characters over attractions (never mind that character M&G aren't nearly the feeding frenzy they can be in FL at the other parks)
3.) You will have anxiety attacks if you can't be *absolutely certain* that you will get on the three rides of your choice, AND the tiers are convenient for your needs. Never mind that you might still lose out on those rides if something happens to take a ride down for the rest of the day. Never mind also that I have never, EVER failed to get a FP I wanted at parks that let you book same day only (read: all the other parks in the world). But hey, those are inconvenient facts that FP+ pushers want you to forget about.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

FP+ is exactly the same thing as MaxPass except you can book 3 ahead of time (and don't have to pay extra....yet...)
Uh....well, with MaxPass I can stroll into the park in the morning (and not in the dark pre-opening) and have the chance to book every attraction in both parks and as soon as I get in the queue for one, I can book the next one - rinse and repeat all day going on all of my favorite attractions many more than once. With FP+ any decent FP's you would want are sold out two months in advance so you get to waste time during your day booking FP's for Listen to the Land and the tea cups.

Not quite the same experience.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

When we used Max Pass several months ago, we certainly didn’t get to the parks as soon as they opened and we were able to ride everything we absolutely wanted to! It was great since I had a broken foot and was in a wheelchair—saved us from running all over the parks getting FP and we could book another FP while we were in line without stupid “tier” restrictions. Another reason why DH doesn’t want to go back to WDW and prefers DLR (me, I’ll take any Disney)!

manmythlegend

Original Poster
When we used Max Pass several months ago, we certainly didn’t get to the parks as soon as they opened and we were able to ride everything we absolutely wanted to! It was great since I had a broken foot and was in a wheelchair—saved us from running all over the parks getting FP and we could book another FP while we were in line without stupid “tier” restrictions. Another reason why DH doesn’t want to go back to WDW and prefers DLR (me, I’ll take any Disney)!

Yup!!! I spent my entire life going to WDW growing up and into my early 30s. I stopped going to WDW after 2015, realized that FP+ just wasn't for me. Tried out DL in 2017 and am hooked. I also love that you can combine it with Vegas or some other things in Los Angeles to make it a more well-rounded trip.

I may go back to WDW once they get Tron built but that's not because I have any great love for WDW. I have yet to do FOP so want to try that as well.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

I’d like to go back to WDW once they get all the projects they started completed. I wanted to go for the 50th but question that now since it sounds like some stuff they planned won’t happen and not sure about crowds. DH says he won’t go back until we have grandkids 🙄 (some perspective: our boys are 16 and 14, so we better not have grandkids anytime soon)! But I figure if my boys want to do Universal again, he will just have to suck it up because both boys love WDW, too! I just wish FP+ would disappear forever!!! Would rather everything was standby than that horrible system!

manmythlegend

Original Poster
I’d like to go back to WDW once they get all the projects they started completed. I wanted to go for the 50th but question that now since it sounds like some stuff they planned won’t happen and not sure about crowds. DH says he won’t go back until we have grandkids 🙄 (some perspective: our boys are 16 and 14, so we better not have grandkids anytime soon)! But I figure if my boys want to do Universal again, he will just have to suck it up because both boys love WDW, too! I just wish FP+ would disappear forever!!! Would rather everything was standby than that horrible system!

Well if your DH is saying he won't go back until you have grandkids, wouldn't it better for your 16 year old to knock someone up? lol

dr_seeker

I didn't use MaxPass when I went to Disneyland (wanted to do paper, plus I had a large group), but I'm sure it's great and if I go back with a smaller party I'd definitely consider purchasing. I love paper FastPass so Maxpass has to be better than FP+ just by default.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom