FP+ variability for who goes with the little one

MiddKid

Original Poster
In general I love knowing which attractions we're guaranteed to ride on our upcoming trip...but one thing has me baffled:
- My wife and me and our 3 daughters (9,6,3) are there with Grandma and Grandpa
- For simplicity purposes I generally booked all 7 of us on all experiences
- There are some we know our 3-year old won't go on (eg Space)

Here my dilemma: it's easy for me to reassign my 3 year old to another attraction like pooh, but I don't know who will go with her! If she is tired it may be my wife. If we're having a good day, it may be Grandma. Sometimes Grandpa rides Space, sometimes he doesn't. At first I was going to just schedule the 3-year old and someone in the party to ride Pooh (or something)...with the thought that perhaps we could swap day-of. But then I saw that FP+ is non transferable. If I make the change day-of, I'm worried that the return time will be much later and won't align with the Space FP.

What's the best tactic here? I'm guessing that I just have to roll the dice and choose ahead of time but curious if anyone has any experience with this...thanks!

SAV

I would say just set them up with whomever and just switch the actual bands on the wrist if that person can't take them on the ride. Who cares if "Grandpa" uses "Grandma's" MB to get on the ride? I guarantee they won't be that much of a stickler to stop a 3 yo and someone with a valid FP+ time, even though the name says "Grandma" on the band.

stevehousse

Or you can just simply do a ride swap pass at the attractions you know the little one won't do, and then the adult that stays behind with her can ride next with ur other 2 kids getting to ride again...

ninjaprincesst

We have swapped bands with no problems and will do it again this year. ai have gone on rides with my Dad's band that says "Reece" and no one has said a word.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom