FP+ tips and tricks

SMS55

If you have an idea of what parks you're going to try and set them up before you eave home. We weren't sure where we were going on our last day, so we didn't book anything til the night before. It kept telling us server busy.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can actually still change that FP for something else, even if you didn't use it. You only lose the ability to modify a selection once you check in at the first set of touch points for it.
We were not able to do that on our trip in December for a selection we did not use.

scoobygirl39541

If you miss your time frame, are you able to schedule a new attraction from the kiosks or is that FP+ gone forever?

Which one is true? Lol

You can actually still change that FP for something else, even if you didn't use it. You only lose the ability to modify a selection once you check in at the first set of touch points for it.

If you do not reschedule a new time or attraction before your FP+ time expires, you have lost that FP+.

Last edited:

stevehousse

If you miss your time frame, are you able to schedule a new attraction from the kiosks or is that FP+ gone forever?

Which one is true? Lol
Once u use your first FP, u blocked into that park for FP picks.

If u think u r going to miss a FP, either go and change the time or change it to a new attraction.

Once the FP window, expires, so does the FP. U will not be able to go back and change that one, it becomes lost!

Say ur on the other end of the park and need to get to splash for your time of 1-2pm. Technically u have until 159 to change it. If u try to change it at 205 it will not let u!

Hope that helps!

Takeitforgranite

We went back in October. I scheduled all our FP+ times for 5PM and later because we like to park hop and take a break in the middle of the day. I made the reservations a couple weeks before the trip, most were for the big rides at MK because we spend most of our nights there.

As the week passed, we ended up riding some rides more than expected and others less for various reasons. When I tried to change FP+ times, even the night before, I almost always had trouble with the app. Either there were no slots available at all for certain rides, or it kept trying to change them all. We were still using the paper FP, so we kept using those and ended up leaving 3-4 FP+ unused because of trouble with the app or temp closings.

I'm sure they have worked out some of the issues with the app, but I am still concerned about the ability to make last minute changes. We are going back in May, and I am hoping some of the issues will be worked out by then.

I also wish you could split FP+ between parks in a single day. Maybe even allow 2 FP+ for two parks every day for those who pay extra for the hopper option.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
For what it's worth, earlier today I was able to change a FP+ whose window had expired by over an hour. Your mileage may vary, apparently.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
A caveat, though: it seems that through the MDX app, you can only either change the time and keep the experience the same, or change the experience and keep the time the same. Since the time has already passed, you are effectively locked in to the experience, just at a different time. Unless there's a way to change both the experience AND the time that I missed.

Edit: Though I suppose there's nothing stopping you from changing the time and then the experience in two separate steps.

Karenb64

If you have an idea of what parks you're going to try and set them up before you eave home. We weren't sure where we were going on our last day, so we didn't book anything til the night before. It kept telling us server busy.

Either there were no slots available at all for certain rides, or it kept trying to change them all. We were still using the paper FP, so we kept using those and ended up leaving 3-4 FP+ unused because of trouble with the app or temp closings.

I'm sure they have worked out some of the issues with the app, but I am still concerned about the ability to make last minute changes. We are going back in May, and I am hoping some of the issues will be worked out by then.
I''m assuming you can go onto MDX on the Disney website and make changes to your FP+ selections and that the app is not the only way to make these changes. If this is correct, then my question is, has anyone taken a tablet into the parks so they would have an earier time changing their FP selections? I'm wondering if this will work better than the app, though maybe not since I understand that the wifi in the parks can be slow and unreliable.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I''m assuming you can go onto MDX on the Disney website and make changes to your FP+ selections and that the app is not the only way to make these changes. If this is correct, then my question is, has anyone taken a tablet into the parks so they would have an earier time changing their FP selections? I'm wondering if this will work better than the app, though maybe not since I understand that the wifi in the parks can be slow and unreliable.
We have found the app (we have IPhones) to be faster and easier for FP+ than the website.

jlsHouston

In November we used the app both on our phone and with the netbook to change FP+ selections on the fly. Had no issue with either app. It took us a while to get the android app down as far as what you touch to go where but it worked. Never got a server busy error like I get constantly when trying to use the computer to check room rates and availability and ADR's. We were also able to reschedule a missed FP+ selection within that one hour window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom