fp+ question

mikewdw

Original Poster
now planning last minute trip over New Years. We are normally summer travelers so I haven't done any research on FP+ until last couple days. is this info correct?
1) if we have MB we have FP+?
2) if we book rides with FP+ we can only get 3 per day, no matter what?
3) can we choose not to do them before trip and still do it old way with kiosks?
4) if we get one at one park can we park hop and do others at another park?
any other info I need to know before going?
anything greatly appreciated!
mikewdw

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No if you are staying at Pop or All Stars but yes if at any other resort
4. No
As of right now this is true....It seems the rules are in a state of flux, so things could change by the time he gets to the parks. But don't bet on it getting any better before it gets worse.

NickC

1.) Yes indeed.
2.) Correct.
3a.)If you're staying at a resort that still gives out KTTW cards, you might be able to use the regular paper FP distribution kiosks near the attractions. If you don't get a KTTW card:
3b.) You can make FP+ reservations at the parks, but you'll have to find one of the (few) new FP+ kiosks set up in various locations throughout the parks where a cast member can assist with your selections.
4.) Sadly, no.

As for other information, if you have a smartphone, install the My Disney Experience app. It'll allow you to update your FP+ selections on the fly, providing there are still times available for whatever attractions you might want to change.

krb2g

1) in order to use FP+ you also need to link ticket media to your magic bands via MDE.
3) I would think if you chose not to link your tickets to your MDE acct, you would not have access to FP+, but you could use the physical tickets to pull legacy FPs just as an offsite guest would, whether you receive KTTW cards that can pull legacy FPs or not.

Edited to add, esp over New Years, I would book FP+ ahead of time, rather than waiting till I got there.

JohnD

now planning last minute trip over New Years. We are normally summer travelers so I haven't done any research on FP+ until last couple days. is this info correct?
3) can we choose not to do them before trip and still do it old way with kiosks?
mikewdw

Yes
Yes. One park per day. Caveat. Some parks are testing Tier 1 and Tier 2 rides. Depending on the park that's testing that means you can't pick any three. I don't like this. Perhaps enough regular feedback will convince them not to go this route.
Provisionally. But that's a crap shoot. You're banking on old FP machines there. Not necessarily the case depending on park and ride. HS and POTC for example are Standby/FP+ only.
No. You have to pick one park for FP+ then, if available, do the old FP in the other park. But, again, you may be limited to only standby.
WDW is phasing out the KTTW card but you can still request one. I highly recommend it. If, for whatever reason, you cannot use your MB or you lose it, you'll still have full access with the combination of your optionally-requested KTTW card for room key/charging (FP+ removed) and your pass/ticket card for park admission/FP+.
mikewdw

Last edited:

RonAnnArbor

Once again a correction...."If you're staying at a resort that still gives out KTTW cards"..."WDW is phasing out the KTTW card but you can still request one"
ALL RESORTS CURRENTLY AND FOREVER allow you to chose a KTTW card instead of the Magic band....little by little, though, they are replacing them with the newer version that does not allow you to use the FP machines inside the park EXCEPT at the kiosks just like the Magic Bands. Currently only Pop and All Stars have the newer cards that require the use ONLY of FP+....eventually they will all be like that. The cards themselves will ALWAYS be an option for the many many many park guests who refuse to wear magic bands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom