FP question! (1st time WDWer)

BrocksDoDisney

Original Poster
Hi all!

I'm currently planning our trip to WDW in April. I get to pick our FP's next week so I'm trying to be ready. ;)

My question is this- Do I get to pick fast passes for my whole trip based on my check in date or do I have to go on each day that is 60 days out from that day to pick the FP's.

We check in on Monday April 25th so I assumed that I could go on at midnight of February 24th to pick my fast passes for the week but now I'm starting to think it might be by the day. So we are aren't going to a park on our check in day...does that mean I can't do fast passes for Tuesday at Magic Kingdom until February 25th at midnight???

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome aboard

If you're staying at a Disney Resort then you can choose 3 FP per day, per person from 60 days out, for up to 10 days. Each persons FP has to be in the same park.
If you're staying off property then you can choose 1 FP per person from 30 days out. You must then get online the following day and book another FP for each person

BrocksDoDisney

Original Poster
Welcome aboard

If you're staying at a Disney Resort then you can choose 3 FP per day, per person from 60 days out, for up to 10 days. Each persons FP has to be in the same park.
If you're staying off property then you can choose 1 FP per person from 30 days out. You must then get online the following day and book another FP for each person

Perfect! Thank you!
Is there something I need to do beforehand to be able to automatically have my FP's apply to all my family members?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Perfect! Thank you!
Is there something I need to do beforehand to be able to automatically have my FP's apply to all my family members?
As long as everyones linked to your MDE account then no. You'll go on line and you will select the attractions you want. The system will choose time slots and you pick those that are best for you.
TIP - you and several thousand others will get their first chance at choosing FP on the same day as you. Choose the big attractions each day. Once you've got those locked in, then its time to go back and make any fine tuning that is required

ratherbeinwdw

When you start to make your fastpass choices, the system will have a screen which shows all of your friends and family on your account. You then check the ones you want for that fastpass. If someone doesn't/can't do a ride, then don't check their name. You can go back in and get another ride for them later. Or, the easiest way is to make all the fastpasses for everyone, then go in to modify and pick the people/time you want to modify. It's really pretty easy to modify.

ratherbeinwdw

One other thing, it will give you several time choices for your three fastpasses. If you don't like those choices, you can also go back in to modify, and change the time. It will give you a dropdown list of the available times you can change. You will also be given a dropdown of your friends and family you made the pass for, and you can change all of them or pick certain ones to change.

dreamfinder

Do make sure that each member of your party has a ticket associated to them. If you are booking a package, this shouldn't be a problem, but if you bought them separate, each person needs a ticket associated with them before you can book FP+.

BrocksDoDisney

Original Poster
Do make sure that each member of your party has a ticket associated to them. If you are booking a package, this shouldn't be a problem, but if you bought them separate, each person needs a ticket associated with them before you can book FP+.

We booked a package so I think it's good to go. It all shows up on my reservations on the WDW site.

BrocksDoDisney

Original Poster
One other thing, it will give you several time choices for your three fastpasses. If you don't like those choices, you can also go back in to modify, and change the time. It will give you a dropdown list of the available times you can change. You will also be given a dropdown of your friends and family you made the pass for, and you can change all of them or pick certain ones to change.

So do you recommend making my FP's by day or by attraction? For example, if we want to get a FP to meet Rapunzel on Friday, should that be my first priority or the attractions/rides that we want for Tuesday?? (Trip from Monday-Friday)

dreamfinder

So do you recommend making my FP's by day or by attraction? For example, if we want to get a FP to meet Rapunzel on Friday, should that be my first priority or the attractions/rides that we want for Tuesday?? (Trip from Monday-Friday)

There is no cut and dry answer. A ride like 7DMT would take priority over a given day. But when you start to book them for one day, it will force you to pick 3 in that day, so bouncing around doesn't do you much good. I'd pick a day that you want to try to get something like 7DMT on, and then do that day first. But if your DD absolutely had to meet Mickey on her birthday, then you may want that to take priority over 7DMT on another day, even though 7DMT is usually going to be a harder get.

BrocksDoDisney

Original Poster
There is no cut and dry answer. A ride like 7DMT would take priority over a given day. But when you start to book them for one day, it will force you to pick 3 in that day, so bouncing around doesn't do you much good. I'd pick a day that you want to try to get something like 7DMT on, and then do that day first. But if your DD absolutely had to meet Mickey on her birthday, then you may want that to take priority over 7DMT on another day, even though 7DMT is usually going to be a harder get.

Tuesday- MK - Big Thunder, Peter Pan's Flight, Splash Mtn
Thursday- HS- Toy Story Mania, Frozen Sing Along? , ?
Friday-MK- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Rapunzel? or go at rope drop?, Space Mtn? (not all are tall enough to ride), Buzz Lightyear?

Suggestions or priorities based on these^?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Friday-MK- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Rapunzel? or go at rope drop?, Space Mtn? (not all are tall enough to ride), Buzz Lightyear?
Tuesday - seems ok
Thursday - again, seems ok. You will have to book 3 FP for everyone - my solution to this was to book something (anything) for park opening (even if you're not in the park by then) - you don't have to ride it. It just means that you'll use all 3 quicker and get the opportunity to book a 4th FP once you've used the 3rd one.
Friday - 7DMT and Rapunzel will be the more popular and therefore get FP for these. Of the other two, book Buzz. Those that are able to ride Space can stand in line

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Space Mountain would be better for fastpasses. Buzz Lightyear's line moves quickly, since it is an omnimover.
If your whole party can't ride Space Mountain because of height.. The tall people can go use their fastpasses for Space Mountain. Take the little people over to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club or Carousel of Progress while the tall people ride Space Mountain. Then meet up somewhere in Tomorrowland to eat.

Space Mountain will always be about a 50 minute wait or more. Buzz Lightyear may look long, but the indoor queue is very small. The line never usually exceeds more than 25 minutes.

dreamfinder

I'd book them in reverse order. Fri, Thurs, Tues. 7DMT is going to go fastest, then TSMM.

The_Jobu

Funny enough, I'm also checking-in for the first time April 25th and was confused about fastpasses (that search bar thing really works!).

So, let me see if I'm following:

If my 60 days from check-in date is Feb 25th (with April 25th my first day in the park/checking-in), that means I can make FP selections for MK which will actually be more than 60 days out? I don't have to wait until I'm 60 days out from the park I'm planing to visit?

I thought I would have to book FP's like this:
Feb 25th - Book for AK on April 25th
Feb 26th - Book for DHS on April 26th
Feb 27th - Book for EPCOT on April 27th
Feb 28th - Book for MK on April 28th

But I should be booking like this?:
Feb 25th - Book for MK on April 28th
Feb 28th - Book for AK on April 28th

Rob562

Funny enough, I'm also checking-in for the first time April 25th and was confused about fastpasses (that search bar thing really works!).

So, let me see if I'm following:

If my 60 days from check-in date is Feb 25th (with April 25th my first day in the park/checking-in), that means I can make FP selections for MK which will actually be more than 60 days out? I don't have to wait until I'm 60 days out from the park I'm planing to visit?

I thought I would have to book FP's like this:
Feb 25th - Book for AK on April 25th
Feb 28th - Book for MK on April 28th

But I should be booking like this?:
Feb 25th - Book for MK on April 28th
Feb 28th - Book for AK on April 28th

Starting from the 60-day mark before checkin (I didn't check your math) you can make all your FP+ for your entire trip (up to 10 days).

So in your example it could be:
Feb 25th - Book for MK on April 28th, Book for DHS on April 26th, Book for EPCOT on April 27th, Book for AK on April 28th.

Feb 26th - Relax because you're done making all your FP+.

-Rob

The_Jobu

Feb 25th - Book for MK on April 28th, Book for DHS on April 26th, Book for EPCOT on April 27th, Book for AK on April 28th.

Feb 26th - Relax because you're done making all your FP+.

Well, booking all 12 FPs on one day is much easier! Thanks for clearing that up.

BrocksDoDisney

Original Poster
Well, booking all 12 FPs on one day is much easier! Thanks for clearing that up.
Yes I was confused about it as well! So excited to know that I only have to stay up until midnight on one day and not several nights in a row. :eek:

I'll be following the advice here and booking them in order of popularity.

luvtink

So tomorrow is my day to book our FP's and I haven't done it before either. When are they availed to book? At midnight or later? Also, my family is staying in two rooms but I am the main person on My Disney Experience to do the reservations. Will I be able to see everyone to book the fast passes?

Rob562

So tomorrow is my day to book our FP's and I haven't done it before either. When are they availed to book? At midnight or later? Also, my family is staying in two rooms but I am the main person on My Disney Experience to do the reservations. Will I be able to see everyone to book the fast passes?

Midnight Eastern time. (Assuming there weren't any parks open past midnight today)

You'll have to make sure you're connected to everyone under Friends and Family in order to make their FP+ selections.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom