FP+ query

Nikkiminxy

Original Poster
hi all

Quick one for you, as I think I must still be suffering with baby brain...

As I have a WDW resort reservation in September, I can book FP+ 60 days before I go. I know I can make up to 3 selections within the same park that day.

Does 1 person make the reservation for the party? I.e. Do I myself make the 3 for me and my other half (as little one is an infant)? Or do we both have to make identical ones?

Thanks!

Tom

Beta Return
Typically, one person will book them for everyone in the group. But, even then, they do not all need to be the same. You can book some for yourself, and different attractions/times for someone else in the party.

Your under-3-year-old will not get/need any Fastpasses. Only those 3+ who have park tickets.

Nikkiminxy

Original Poster
Hi Tom

Thanks

So my other half will not get 3 on that same day to use in another park? Sorry, it's a bit confusing!

Typically, one person will book them for everyone in the group. But, even then, they do not all need to be the same. You can book some for yourself, and different attractions/times for someone else in the party.

Your under-3-year-old will not get/need any Fastpasses. Only those 3+ who have park tickets.

Tom

Beta Return
Hi Tom

Thanks

So my other half will not get 3 on that same day to use in another park? Sorry, it's a bit confusing!

That's a good question that I can't answer with certainty, because the system was recently updated and we haven't booked FP's since the big changes.

But I know that each person's FPs are independent of anyone else's, so it would make sense that your 3 for one day can be in one park, and your travel partner's 3 on that same day can be in another park.

That would mean you aren't touring parks together, unless your 3 are in the morning at Park A, and his/hers are in the afternoon/evening at Park B.

lemon meringue

Hi Tom

Thanks

If you make 3 Fastpasses for yourself in one park, only you (and your little one, if appropriate) can go on those 3 rides through the Fastpass lane. Then if your travel partner makes 3 Fastpasses for a different park , only that person (and your little one, if appropriate) can go on those 3 rides through the Fastpass lane. Each person only gets 3 Fastpasses scheduled in advance per day. Since the little one doesn't need a ticket, technically he can ride extra by accompanying each adult on their Fastpasses if they're at times where that is actually possible. If you just all want to stay together then you book the Fastpasses as a unit of 2 people by including your travel partner on your MDE account as a friend and then choosing them when prompted on the Fastpass page. The only way to add more Fastpasses is by doing so one at a time after the time frame for your original three has passed, so technically if you had 3 FPs to yourself in one park in the morning and then later your travel partner has 3 in another park you could, one by one, try to join in on those by adding them one at a time if they are still available. Your partner however will not be able to FP on your 3 choices because in this scenario yours are before his scheduled FPs take place.

Edited to add :
Wait now. Is your "other half" actually the little one? I just re-read this and I'm unclear. If you're traveling with the child and one older person, my answer above stands. If you're just traveling with a child under three then only you get Fastpasses. The non ticketed child does not get separate ones. He/she can only accompany you.

Tom

Beta Return
If you make 3 Fastpasses for yourself in one park, only you (and your little one, if appropriate) can go on those 3 rides through the Fastpass lane. Then if your travel partner makes 3 Fastpasses for a different park , only that person (and your little one, if appropriate) can go on those 3 rides through the Fastpass lane. Each person only gets 3 Fastpasses scheduled in advance per day. Since the little one doesn't need a ticket, technically he can ride extra by accompanying each adult on their Fastpasses if they're at times where that is actually possible. If you just all want to stay together then you book the Fastpasses as a unit of 2 people by including your travel partner on your MDE account as a friend and then choosing them when prompted on the Fastpass page. The only way to add more Fastpasses is by doing so one at a time after the time frame for your original three has passed, so technically if you had 3 FPs to yourself in one park in the morning and then later your travel partner has 3 in another park you could, one by one, try to join in on those by adding them one at a time if they are still available. Your partner however will not be able to FP on your 3 choices because in this scenario yours are before his scheduled FPs take place.

Good clarifications. I'm just not 100% sure what the OP is trying to clarify.

Nikkiminxy

Original Poster
Thanks all that makes sense now. My other half is attached on MDE. Trying to loosely plan what FP+ we want to book when we hit 60 days as we are trying to work out best use of hiring a childminder (as we don't know anyone out in the USA and just us two and little one going) so that we can do the rides we want, but they are split across parks so it will end up being more than one babysitting session (unless we buy the sitter an entrance hopper pass to come with us) so we can get to Testtrack as well as those in MK

PinnySmart

I think what the OP is asking is if he/she makes fastpasses in one park for themselves and uses child swap can he/she make FP selections for the other half in another park and use child swap and actually ride 6 rides with FP instead of 3. The OP didn't come right out and say it so we will never know but I'll bet that is what was implied.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom