FP+ Limit reached?

SCB502

Original Poster
I am trying to make FP reservations for a late March trip. I had no problems on the first four days but after that it will only allow me to make them for myself, not the rest of my family. It says their FP+ limit has been reached. They are going a week before me and I am joining them the second week. As far as I can tell there should not be a limit on how many FP you can make as long as you have a room reservation and tickets, which we have both. Anybody know what is going on? I will call Disney on Monday but the sooner I can fix this the better.

Rob562

How many days are on the other peoples' tickets? Have they already made FP+ for the days before you arrive? The system won't allow more days of FP+ than you have tickets for.

Otherwise, it could just be a glitch. Maybe give it a try tomorrow.

-Rob

SCB502

Original Poster
We have season passes that don't expire until November. My wife made reservations for the first week when I won't be there but left the second week up to me. Four of of the nine days for the second week worked with no problem, it is the last five that it won't let me do anything for anyone but myself.

EOD K9

I don't know if this fits in this thread but here goes. The wife and I are seasoned travelers to the World but we will be using FP+ for the first time. We have selected our FP+ times with zero glitches. Can we go to a different park later (after using the allotted 3) and try to get "day of" FPs there or no? Thanks in advance.

Rob562

I don't know if this fits in this thread but here goes. The wife and I are seasoned travelers to the World but we will be using FP+ for the first time. We have selected our FP+ times with zero glitches. Can we go to a different park later (after using the allotted 3) and try to get "day of" FPs there or no? Thanks in advance.

No. You get 3 FP+ per day, regardless of what mode you use to get them.

-Rob

Tuvalu

Premium Member
No. You are limited to 3 per day, whether in advance or same day.

jlsHouston

@Tuvalu and @Rob562 If I get this correctly, everyone will only be ever to use three per day. After your three, its standby.

You select 3 FP+ per day in one park per day. That is the current system. Keep your phone with you because if you get to your FP selection and stand by looks like a short wait you have and hour grace to alter the current FP selection..so if you FP Space Mtn for 10 am and you arrive within that 1 hour window you have, and the wait was 20 minutes, you could change the experience using your phone to a different attraction...and just do stand by at Space.
If you go to AK in the morning and use your 3 FP+ selections at that park, then hop over to MK or HS or EPCOT, you will not be able to get any FP+ for the next park.
Some people have said if you arrive early to a park when lines are typically short anyway in the morning, the touring plan might be better to ride what you can with no FP+ selection and then use your 3 FP+'s in the afternoon or evening at whatever park you are going to visit.

EOD K9

Thank you everyone for your replies. I knew you could make your three ahead of time for one park and standby anything else, but obviously not that all you get is three. Maybe they can figure the system out to where you get your three ahead of time, but can only do "day of" at a hopped park.

davidpw97

We have season passes that don't expire until November. My wife made reservations for the first week when I won't be there but left the second week up to me. Four of of the nine days for the second week worked with no problem, it is the last five that it won't let me do anything for anyone but myself.

Someone else can correct me if i'm wrong but I believe if you're using an annual pass you can only reserve 7 days at a time. If your wife has a pass and has already made reservations for a few days before you arrive, once she has 7 days reserved she won't be able to add another days worth until she's used a day.

cooleo

I'm not too happy about only being able to select 3 FP per day, but what can we do. I guess I will just have to do some creative thinking to make this work.

Rob562

Someone else can correct me if i'm wrong but I believe if you're using an annual pass you can only reserve 7 days at a time. If your wife has a pass and has already made reservations for a few days before you arrive, once she has 7 days reserved she won't be able to add another days worth until she's used a day.

That's what I was getting at with my line of questions. Though one slight correction to your statement. If you have an on-site reservation and an AP, you *should* be able to make FP+ reservations for the entire length of your reservation, even if it's for more than 7 days. Once you check out of the resort though, you'll be limited to a total of 7 days of reservations at a time.

If the OP has family staying on-site and then they're off-site they others in his group may have hit that 7-day limit.

-Rob

SCB502

Original Poster
I called and the guy told me we were limited to seven days. We are staying on site so are you saying we should not be limited? I'm calling them back now.

SCB502

Original Poster
Got it fixed this time. As long as you are on site you can make reservations for your entire stay. There was a problem with how our tickets were classified on MDE, whatever that might have been. The first guy I spoke with didn't catch it and somehow didn't realize we were staying on property.

Sparkle81

Got it fixed this time. As long as you are on site you can make reservations for your entire stay. There was a problem with how our tickets were classified on MDE, whatever that might have been. The first guy I spoke with didn't catch it and somehow didn't realize we were staying on property.
That's exactly what happened to us. I could make FP+ selections for our entire 10 night stay but after one day of FP+ selections, it said my DH's limit had been reached. Ended up calling a couple of times to get it resolved and finally, a fantastic lady on the other end of the phone manually copied all of my selections onto his account. I will say that we did have some glitches with our magic bands on the selections that we couldn't make on MDE ourselves, but it was fine when we showed them the selections on our smartphones and they just overrode the system.

EvilQueen-T

I may be wrong but I thought that was only if you weren't staying on site.???

jlsHouston

So this is still happening... is it with AP's or regular ticketed guests too. I'm sorry I should read the entire thread but this has been happening to me today with my boyfriend on the FP+ selections. Like it is telling me he is maxed out.

Rob562

So this is still happening... is it with AP's or regular ticketed guests too. I'm sorry I should read the entire thread but this has been happening to me today with my boyfriend on the FP+ selections. Like it is telling me he is maxed out.

To be honest, the thread is only 19 posts long. It's not THAT big of a time requirement to read through the single page of posts...

But the bottom line is that if you have an Annual/Seasonal pass and you're not staying on-site, you're limited to a total of 7 days of active FP+ reservations at a time. You have to use or cancel a set to make FP+ choices on a different day.
If you *are* staying on-site, then you should theoretically be able to make FP+ for every day of your trip. If not, then a call to Tech Support might be required.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom