FP+ Kiosks

WorldKey

Original Poster
Tried to sort through all of the FP+ threads but overwhelmed....

How is the traffic at the FP+ Kiosks? I saw at EPCOT there are only 4 Kiosks and I am imagining long lines considering all of the people that didn't have prep-purchased tickets/staying on site.

Q: Is it really that important to set up FP selections prior to coming to the park? I like that there is the ability, but at times I may want to 'wing it'. Waiting in a Kiosk line (especially behind huge groups trying to coordinate times) would really defeat the FP purpose.....thoughts?

cw1982

1. The kiosks might be a little hectic first thing in the morning with people who are booking their first set for the day, but every time I stopped at a kiosk in early June to add a rolling FP, I was in and out of line in a few minutes. Keep in mind that even those staying onsite can book fastpasses up to 30 days out, assuming they get their tickets that far in advance.

2. Even just booking your fastpasses the night before is better than waiting until you get to the parks to do it. If you have a smartphone, you can easily download the My Disney Experience app so that you don't have to go to a kiosk to set up those first three passes, even the day of. The only time you absolutely have to use a kiosk to get fastpasses is if you're picking a rolling pass after you've used your first three.

WorldKey

Original Poster
1. The kiosks might be a little hectic first thing in the morning with people who are booking their first set for the day, but every time I stopped at a kiosk in early June to add a rolling FP, I was in and out of line in a few minutes. Keep in mind that even those staying onsite can book fastpasses up to 30 days out, assuming they get their tickets that far in advance.

2. Even just booking your fastpasses the night before is better than waiting until you get to the parks to do it. If you have a smartphone, you can easily download the My Disney Experience app so that you don't have to go to a kiosk to set up those first three passes, even the day of. The only time you absolutely have to use a kiosk to get fastpasses is if you're picking a rolling pass after you've used your first three.

Thanks for the reply.....so I have the mobile app and account and I will take your advice. But I did not realize that the only way to get a Fast Pass after the initial 3 I set up ahead of time will require that I go to a Kiosk! I though we could get more using the app after we use the first 3....am I wrong? Thanks!

cw1982

Thanks for the reply.....so I have the mobile app and account and I will take your advice. But I did not realize that the only way to get a Fast Pass after the initial 3 I set up ahead of time will require that I go to a Kiosk! I though we could get more using the app after we use the first 3....am I wrong? Thanks!

Rumor is that they will eventually update the app to allow extra FP+ bookings beyond the first three without going to a kiosk. That hasn't happened yet, and no one seems to know when it will change. Like I said, though, the wait time at the kiosks wasn't bad at all, mainly because each station had several CM's working. There were a few times when, by the time I had gotten into the MDE app to compare wait times and see which FP's we wanted to try for, we had made it to the front of the kiosk line. This actually worked well because otherwise we wouldn't have known what attractions we wanted to look for. It's not that bad.

SAV

How is the traffic at the FP+ Kiosks?

Q: Is it really that important to set up FP selections prior to coming to the park?

When I was there in mid June, I only used the Kiosks after using my initial 3 and I didn't encounter a line at EPCOT. MK had a line of about 8 people. DHS and AK only a couple of people at maximum.

I have to pose the second question back to you. Is it important that you get the exact rides of choice? If so, then you should book them early. If not, then go with the flow.

WorldKey

Original Poster
I think I'm going to end up liking FP+ just need to get used to it.....change is hard...lol

The mobile app is actually pretty cool and useful. Now I just need to figure out how to ensure that my cell phone doesn't die on me (I don't want to sit on a bench at Rapunzel bathrooms for 45 minutes or rent a charging locker at $10 or more per day)! Disney is relying pretty heavily on everyone having a charged cell phone for a lot of this new technology.....

cw1982

I think I'm going to end up liking FP+ just need to get used to it.....change is hard...lol

The mobile app is actually pretty cool and useful. Now I just need to figure out how to ensure that my cell phone doesn't die on me (I don't want to sit on a bench at Rapunzel bathrooms for 45 minutes or rent a charging locker at $10 or more per day)! Disney is relying pretty heavily on everyone having a charged cell phone for a lot of this new technology.....

I pretty much left my phone on airplane mode except for when I was using it to check wait times. That seemed to work well.

dadddio

I picked up an external battery pack/charger thingie for pretty cheap. I keep in the park bag and recharge it at night. It will charge an iphone several times on one charge.

nharned

Just keep your phone off until you need it. I do this every time I go, that way I am not tempted to contact the non-Disney world but it also saves battery.

cw1982

And many phones can leave the wifi turned on while in Airplane Mode, so you can still have it connect to the in-park wifi for connection to the MDE app.

-Rob

My phone won't do that. Unless I'm missing something? I couldn't do that on my last phone either. Airplane mode turns off all communication for me.

Rob562

My phone won't do that. Unless I'm missing something? I couldn't do that on my last phone either. Airplane mode turns off all communication for me.

On my current phone (HTC One) the wifi automatically turns off when you put it in Airplane Mode, but you can then manually toggle the wifi back on again. I seem to recall on my previous Android phone that there was specifically a setting buried on a sub-menu that you had to check/un-check to allow wifi to be turned on in Airplane Mode.

-Rob

phi2134

We are planning on doing a lot of park hopping when we are there in September. We already have our fastpass+ selections for all of the morning parks we will be at, but we are spending each evening at Epcot. If we use all of our FastPass+ at the morning park and then only one or two people go to Epcot , can that one person make FastPass+ selections for everyone who isnt at the park yet? Or does everyone have to do one on their own?

MarieTA

You can still "wing it" by changing your FP selections after you are in the park, provided that what you want to change to is still available. The 4 days we were in the parks, I think I changed FP selections or times at least once each day.

cw1982

On my current phone (HTC One) the wifi automatically turns off when you put it in Airplane Mode, but you can then manually toggle the wifi back on again. I seem to recall on my previous Android phone that there was specifically a setting buried on a sub-menu that you had to check/un-check to allow wifi to be turned on in Airplane Mode.

-Rob

Yep... mine does that too! Awesome. Thanks so much :)

WorldKey

Original Poster
This may be a dumb question to some....but I'm assuming then that WiFi is is available in all of the parks (never used it)...is there a password or is it completely open? I have a great WiFi detecting app......

Rob562

This may be a dumb question to some....but I'm assuming then that WiFi is is available in all of the parks (never used it)...is there a password or is it completely open? I have a great WiFi detecting app......

It's completely open, but similar to many corporate-controlled free wifi you have to open a browser window and accept the Terms & Conditions before it'll connect. (Though you should only have to do that once a day)

-Rob

Wishes 1971

We are planning on doing a lot of park hopping when we are there in September. We already have our fastpass+ selections for all of the morning parks we will be at, but we are spending each evening at Epcot. If we use all of our FastPass+ at the morning park and then only one or two people go to Epcot , can that one person make FastPass+ selections for everyone who isnt at the park yet? Or does everyone have to do one on their own?

Yes. One ticket holder can add FP reservations for the entire group.

We were at Disney in early June, and the only problem I experienced at the Kiosks was accessing all the tickets in my group. I was told to always use the "primary" ticket holders band....i.e. the person who "booked" the tickets (I ordered online). however, there were times (not always) when my band wouldn't show everyone in my group, and when I scanned my wives band, we all showed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom