FP help

aapwayneo2001

Original Poster
So we will be taking our DD2 to WDW for the week of New Years, this is also our first trip as adults.

We will spend 3 days in the park(s). My question(s) is should I go ahead and book my FP for what we know we would want her to experience from each park? Basically should we just pick 4-6 things we know are a must do and then just enjoy walking around and letting her look around and if something has a short wait jump on it.

Or should we book FP for things then check constantly to see if the wait is shorter before our FP time (seems stressful)

I guess I’m looking for the best use of FP for a VERY busy week and keeping a toddler occupied

Andrew M

You should lock in what rides you want to do now. You can always switch out a fastpass on the fly on the days leading up to your trip, or even when you're in the park. Plus as you get closer to your vacation dates, fastpasses for popular rides start disappearing rather quickly. On occasion you can get lucky day of and get a harder-to-get ride, but usually when they're gone, they're gone.

So my advice would be try picking your 3 rides all before lunch if possible, and then keep checking the app to see what's available for the rest of the day. If it's not a busy day, most of the toddler-friendly rides should have fastpasses available in the afternoon.

Goodluck and enjoy!

aapwayneo2001

Original Poster
You should lock in what rides you want to do now. You can always switch out a fastpass on the fly on the days leading up to your trip, or even when you're in the park. Plus as you get closer to your vacation dates, fastpasses for popular rides start disappearing rather quickly. On occasion you can get lucky day of and get a harder-to-get ride, but usually when they're gone, they're gone.

So my advice would be try picking your 3 rides all before lunch if possible, and then keep checking the app to see what's available for the rest of the day. If it's not a busy day, most of the toddler-friendly rides should have fastpasses available in the afternoon.

Goodluck and enjoy!
So are FP 3 per person? So for my wife and myself there are a combined 6 FP?

Andrew M

Yes. Technically you could both book separate FPs and go on 3 different rides each. If your kid is too young for a ticket than she doesn't need a FP and could tag along on all 6. You also may be able to take advantage of the Rider Swap system be able to ride separately while the other waits with your kid, assuming she's too little to ride. Basically you would book FPs for rides A, B & C and your wife would book D, E & F. You would go on ride A, request a rider swap, they'd scan her Magic Band and after you ride she would go on and repeat the process for all 6. But this is only available on certain rides that have height requirements and can get complicated rather quickly, so I wouldn't suggest it for a first trip with kids, especially if you are not dead-set on riding everything.

The easier way would just book the same fastpass for the both of you at the same time.

JillC LI

You can book 3 per person per day in one park in advance. After you use those 3, you can add another one as available in any park and continue to do so throughout the day. There are limitations as to which 3 rides you can book though in certain parks (i.e., only one Tier 1 ride).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So we will be taking our DD2 to WDW for the week of New Years, this is also our first trip as adults.

We will spend 3 days in the park(s). My question(s) is should I go ahead and book my FP for what we know we would want her to experience from each park? Basically should we just pick 4-6 things we know are a must do and then just enjoy walking around and letting her look around and if something has a short wait jump on it.

Or should we book FP for things then check constantly to see if the wait is shorter before our FP time (seems stressful)

I guess I’m looking for the best use of FP for a VERY busy week and keeping a toddler occupied

We are there Sunday(12/31)-Saturday(1/5) but we are staying off resort and are planning 3 days in park
This year???

You're already 'way behind the power curve... tell me you've already reserved your 3 FP+s per day!! If not, get on there NOW and "book 'em, Danno!"

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Yeah this year and the wife is dragging her feet picking her things to reserve
Go and book anyway. You'll at least have something. You can always try and change, but there is nothing to lose by booking something now. Same for ADRs - you can cancel up to the day before without penalty (which is why you should keep trying for hard-to-get ones; people often cancel them as plans firm up)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom