Fp help please..

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
We have 11 in our group and I'm having trouble organizing fast pass because it wants me to schedule 3 at a time for whomever in the group I select. Is there a way to go one person, one fast pass at a time?

TheMouseFan

We have 11 in our group and I'm having trouble organizing fast pass because it wants me to schedule 3 at a time for whomever in the group I select. Is there a way to go one person, one fast pass at a time?
It is generally easiest to schedule the same three for all 11 people in your party, then go back in and change the ones that want different attractions. It ends up being much less confusing that way!!

Chef Mickey

Tell your group to buck up and enjoy what you schedule on a loosely agreed upon set of rides/times. As the Fast Pass leader, it's too hard to try to coordinate the wants of 11 people.

"Oh, I want to do Haunted Mansion at 3. No, I want to do Splash Mountain at 3."

I'd just schedule it and leave it up to them to change it if they don't like it.

If you're doing it right, there really isn't a whole lot of question on what attractions to book. You'll need one for the most popular stuff and fill in when they won't let you book all E-ticket rides at EPCOT for example.

Splash
Space
Thunder
Peter Pan
Mine Train
Soarin'
Test Track
Rock N Rollercoaster
Midway Mania
Tower of Terror

Off the top of my head, those are the only rides you really must have a fast pass for or you'll have to do them early/late.

CaptainAmerica

Tell your group to buck up and enjoy what you schedule on a loosely agreed upon set of rides/times. As the Fast Pass leader, it's too hard to try to coordinate the wants of 11 people.

I'd just schedule it and leave it up to them to change it if they hate it so much.
Agreed. I rarely travel with large groups but, when I do, I refuse to be the coordinator of everybody's fun, nor will I "obey" anyone who tries to make themselves said coordinator.

@12_Ears_Dad you have two options. Either give everyone the same FP+s to start and then modify individuals', or (probably easier), chunk up your group into sub-groups that will have similar itineraries. Group A can do Peter Pan, Pooh, and Dumbo, Group B can do Space, Splash, and Thunder, etc.

Chef Mickey

Agreed. I rarely travel with large groups but, when I do, I refuse to be the coordinator of everybody's fun, nor will I "obey" anyone who tries to make themselves said coordinator.

@12_Ears_Dad you have two options. Either give everyone the same FP+s to start and then modify individuals', or (probably easier), chunk up your group into sub-groups that will have similar itineraries. Group A can do Peter Pan, Pooh, and Dumbo, Group B can do Space, Splash, and Thunder, etc.
No doubt.

In a group of 11, you could probably split the people up in 2 groups: more adventurous type and the less adventurous type. With a group that big, there is absolutely 0 need to travel in a pack, because no attraction besides shows will allow you to all ride together. In a boat ride, maybe.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I'd just schedule it and leave it up to them to change it if they don't like it.

If you're doing it right, there really isn't a whole lot of question on what attractions to book. You'll need one for the most popular stuff and fill in when they won't let you book all E-ticket rides at EPCOT for example.

Splash
Space
Thunder
Peter Pan
Mine Train
Soarin'
Test Track
Rock N Rollercoaster
Midway Mania
Tower of Terror

Off the top of my head, those are the only rides you really must have a fast pass for or you'll have to do them early/late.

OP, just make sure you don't ride Splash just before eating in a well air conditioned restaurant, just saying. We ride Splash, then Thunder so the wind from Thunder will help dry the wetness from Splash.

Just like you want to eat AFTER either RnR, Tower or Everest. Especially important for those with queasy stomachs.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My daughter was a little slow in renewing her AP last year. So by the time she got around to doing it, I couldn't add her to the existing FP selection for 7DMT. So we rode and she didn't. Yeah, it's not fun making selections for groups larger than 3 or 4.

Chef Mickey

OP, just make sure you don't ride Splash just before eating in a well air conditioned restaurant, just saying. We ride Splash, then Thunder so the wind from Thunder will help dry the wetness from Splash.

Just like you want to eat AFTER either RnR, Tower or Everest. Especially important for those with queasy stomachs.
Absolutely. It's always prudent to keep logistics in mind.

Personally, I could ride Tower of Terror immediately after eating, but I know I'm not the norm. :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Absolutely. It's always prudent to keep logistics in mind.

Personally, I could ride Tower of Terror immediately after eating, but I know I'm not the norm. :)

My lovely daughter insisted we ride Everest one more time before we left DAK. And we had finished lunch about 15 minutes prior. Soooo, we luckily (turned out unfortunate for her) arrived with a 10-15 standby time (I know!). Now she doesn't really like the backwards in the dark portion of the ride and I know from experience that riding Everest 3-4 times in a row can make one dizzy. Needless to say, she looked a little green when we got off and by the time we got back to the resort, I was making a call to Disney Dining cancelling that evening's reservation and the kind lady on the phone, once I explained that my daughter had taken ill (we had to make a quick stop in the restroom in the resort lobby at WL walking back from the bus stop), said we wouldn't be charged the $10/person cancellation fee and asked if she also needed to cancel any other ADRs. I didn't have the guts to tell her my daughter was ill because she wanted to ride an attraction that already made her stomach lurch right after a big meal. She's an adult, so what can you do?

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster

Except it's my wife and I, my sister and 8 kids (6 of them being mine, sister v has 2) ages DNiece 15, DNephew 13, DD 13, DS 8, DS 6, DS 5, DD 3, DS 1...

So it's not like I can really split into groups like you say..

I'm finding the best arrangement strategy is to book FpS that most or all want to do or can do asca group. Some of the FpS don't get used this way but it seems most b efficient fur the group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom