FP for Avatar

AshleyB53

Original Poster
Im going to assume fast passes for the two new Avatar rides are booking months in advance? I'll be purchasing a one or two day ticket today and was wondering how far ahead they were booked!

Demeter Tess

Unless you are ready to book the moment your 60 day window opens, you likely won't get Flight of Passage. River Journey is a bit easier to come by, but still books up well in advance. I actually prefer to wait in the Flight of Passage queue vs. the River Journey queue (more atmospheric and really sets up the ride) so this works well for me, but many folks will balk at the time commitment.

nickys

Premium Member
Most people are finding that they can get them for day 4 or 5 of their stay. So unless you are staying onsite for a few days, you're unlikely to be able to get a fastpass when your booking window opens.

However recently they released more for late October, which coincided with them extending park hours in general. Keep looking, but best make plans to rope drop or queue for some time. If rope dropping, you will want to be at the park at least an hour, preferably 90 minutes ahead of park opening.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I went on at 7am at the 60 day mark and couldn’t get FP for FoP for the first half of my week long trip in November. I’m going Saturday to Saturday and was able to get one for Friday. Navi River was available all 8 days.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
IF you're LUCKY, you can score an avatar attraction if you're CONSTANTLY checking MDE! I scored a FP+ for me and my friend a few days ago for Flight of Passage on October 8th.

TXDisney

I did my FP right at 7am at 60 days out and I got on if the last few spots left for FoP. I'm assuming unless people cancel, not booking at exactly 60 days out makes it hard to get a FP.

Herdman

I did my FP right at 7am at 60 days out and I got on if the last few spots left for FoP. I'm assuming unless people cancel, not booking at exactly 60 days out makes it hard to get a FP.

Did you get them for the first day of your trip or one of the later days?

TXDisney

Did you get them for the first day of your trip or one of the later days?
I arrive the morning of 12/6 and our AK day is 12/8. So I did my FP for 12/5 and 12/6 before I did them for 12/7. I did my FP right at 7/ET for the 1st couple days, so by the time I got to 12/7 it was probably between 7:00-7:05.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is purely anecdotal but I think if your trip begins on a weekend you are less likely to get a fast pass for the start of your trip. It’s common and popular for people to still do long weekends (especially while kids are in school). If you can’t book until Saturday or Sunday someone checking in on Thursday or Friday for 3 or 4 nights could already book the first couple of days of your trip. A lot of the people I’ve heard from that were shut out even at the exact 60 day mark at 7am were trying to book a weekend reservation. My November trip starts Saturday of Veterans Day weekend which is also Jersey weekend and the last weekend of food and wine. I think a lot more people may be there for the weekend that week and gone by mid week. I wasn’t able to get a FoP FP until Wednesday of that week. I also had trouble with some dining reservations over the weekend booking exactly 180 days out. Again, a generalization and completely anecdotal evidence based on a limited number of online posts.

worldfanatic

I actually prefer to wait in the Flight of Passage queue vs. the River Journey queue (more atmospheric and really sets up the ride) so this works well for me

I agree, it's an amazing queue. (even surpassing Indiana Jones's at Disneyland)
I think I'll try to wait in it at least one time every vacation.

djdan888

Most people are finding that they can get them for day 4 or 5 of their stay. So unless you are staying onsite for a few days, you're unlikely to be able to get a fastpass when your booking window opens.

However recently they released more for late October, which coincided with them extending park hours in general. Keep looking, but best make plans to rope drop or queue for some time. If rope dropping, you will want to be at the park at least an hour, preferably 90 minutes ahead of park opening.

So you still wait at least 90 minutes. What is the point of rope dropping? 90 minutes at the front of the park sweltering in the sun or 120 minutes or so in a A/C que?

nickys

Premium Member
:p
So you still wait at least 90 minutes. What is the point of rope dropping? 90 minutes at the front of the park sweltering in the sun or 120 minutes or so in a A/C que?

Well I guess the time spent waiting before the park opens isn't eating into time that could be spent doing other stuff in the parks.

But I'm the wrong person to ask. Never done rope drop ..... we always come for 2 weeks or so, so don't feel the need to get up early. I'd rather sleep! ;) I did get up once, a day or two after New Year to go watch the welcome show at MK (the one with the train); then ended up having to get the monorail back to Contemp because I couldn't get through the crowds back to the walking path!! :joyfull:

djdan888

:p

Well I guess the time spent waiting before the park opens isn't eating into time that could be spent doing other stuff in the parks.

But I'm the wrong person to ask. Never done rope drop ..... we always come for 2 weeks or so, so don't feel the need to get up early. I'd rather sleep! ;) I did get up once, a day or two after New Year to go watch the welcome show at MK (the one with the train); then ended up having to get the monorail back to Contemp because I couldn't get through the crowds back to the walking path!! :joyfull:

I see your point there but with kids you kind of are eating into park time as you are getting them up early and making them wait in one place with nothing to do.. may tire them out sooner, make them grouchier, etc.

nickys

Premium Member
I see your point there but with kids you kind of are eating into park time as you are getting them up early and making them wait in one place with nothing to do.. may tire them out sooner, make them grouchier, etc.

Yep, it's a tough choice when you have younger kids! Luckily mine are both grown up now, so it would be up to them to decide whether to get up or not :D

djdan888

Yep, it's a tough choice when you have younger kids! Luckily mine are both grown up now, so it would be up to them to decide whether to get up or not :D
Well its just me and my wife with no kids so I really have no frame of reference at all . Living close with APs I am never in a rush for anything. Trying to think of it from perspective of someone maybe only having 3 days or something.

ninjaprincesst

This is purely anecdotal but I think if your trip begins on a weekend you are less likely to get a fast pass for the start of your trip. It’s common and popular for people to still do long weekends (especially while kids are in school). If you can’t book until Saturday or Sunday someone checking in on Thursday or Friday for 3 or 4 nights could already book the first couple of days of your trip. A lot of the people I’ve heard from that were shut out even at the exact 60 day mark at 7am were trying to book a weekend reservation. My November trip starts Saturday of Veterans Day weekend which is also Jersey weekend and the last weekend of food and wine. I think a lot more people may be there for the weekend that week and gone by mid week. I wasn’t able to get a FoP FP until Wednesday of that week. I also had trouble with some dining reservations over the weekend booking exactly 180 days out. Again, a generalization and completely anecdotal evidence based on a limited number of online posts.
That must be it because we come in on 11/16 and i was able to get Flight of passage that day and Navi River another day and they were both available every day of our stay , even Thanksgiving Day, so I guess it's the end of the Food and Wine making them hard to get.

ninjaprincesst

It never bothered my daughter , even as a toddler, I'm one of those people always up at the park early, it just seems by being at the parks at rope drop you can get so much more done than you can going late. it also allows for time in the afternoon for pool or nap time at the hotel before heading back for the evening.

Lmacmay

I highly recommend FOP. Definitely, get to the park 1 hour in advance. We arrived 30 minutes before the park was supposed to open but they had already opened the gates...ugh. The 90 minute wait was so worth it though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom