FP+ Between Wait Times

SeanSean

Original Poster
Hello Helpers, I am planning ahead for the FP+ reservation on MyExperience, and I found that the system intelligently split up my 3 FP+ on different hour, absolutely NO-OVERLAPPING of the FP+ allocated hours.

Example, in MK attraction A, B, and C. I have FP+ for all 3 of them, and they are all set at 1pm~2pm, 2:01~3:01pm, 3:02pm~4:02pm. If I want to change time later for a particular experience/attraction, I cannot say change time of A to 1:30pm~2:30pm.

Here's a couple Qs:
1) If I finish 1st FP+ on attraction A at 1:05pm, can I reserve another FP+ (4th) for attraction Z at 1:15pm~2:15pm, which essentially have 15 min overlap with my original attraction B?

2) Or, as I just learned from phone, I cannot reserve any FP+ until all 3 FP+ have been used up. Then I could only reserve the 4th FP+ at Kiosk, not even on my smartphone. And the 4th, or rest FP+ can only be reserved one at a time, after I use it up.

Thanks!
Sean

cw1982

You can't book a 4th FP at all until you use your first three, and then it has to be done at a kiosk (as of now). What you can do, though, is move up your 2nd and 3rd FP if there are times available after you use your first one, and then move up the third one after the second one has been used. It all depends on what's available when you happen to try to move things around.

You are correct that you can only book one rolling (4th) FP at a time.

disney4life2008

You can't book a 4th FP at all until you use your first three, and then it has to be done at a kiosk (as of now). What you can do, though, is move up your 2nd and 3rd FP if there are times available after you use your first one, and then move up the third one after the second one has been used. It all depends on what's available when you happen to try to move things around.

You are correct that you can only book one rolling (4th) FP at a time.

I am most excited to test out the rolling FP+. It seems from the reports the only thing that is likely to not be obtainable is 7DMT and Elsa/Anna. If I upgrade my phone I will try changing my 2nd and 3rd to earlier times - when can you move up the times for those? Is it at the first checkpoint after you scan MB or once your hour window is over?

cw1982

I am most excited to test out the rolling FP+. It seems from the reports the only thing that is likely to not be obtainable is 7DMT and Elsa/Anna. If I upgrade my phone I will try changing my 2nd and 3rd to earlier times - when can you move up the times for those? Is it at the first checkpoint after you scan MB or once your hour window is over?

As soon as you get off the ride of your first FP, you'll be able to move up your next one if there are slots open.

DisneyCane

As soon as you get off the ride of your first FP, you'll be able to move up your next one if there are slots open.

I'm pretty sure you can do it as soon as you scan at the first FP+ scanner. I've only moved stuff around once but unless I hallucinated, I moved a Spaceship Earth FP+ time earlier while I was in the queue for Soarin'. I had a 10AM - 11AM Soarin' and a 11AM - 12PM SSE and at around 10:10 I moved SSE to 10:30AM-11:30AM. It was a few months ago but I'm pretty sure that is what I did.

cw1982

I'm pretty sure you can do it as soon as you scan at the first FP+ scanner. I've only moved stuff around once but unless I hallucinated, I moved a Spaceship Earth FP+ time earlier while I was in the queue for Soarin'. I had a 10AM - 11AM Soarin' and a 11AM - 12PM SSE and at around 10:10 I moved SSE to 10:30AM-11:30AM. It was a few months ago but I'm pretty sure that is what I did.

Maybe. All I know is when I was in line to use my FP for EE last month, the ride was down but we waited because it looked like it was about to come back up. The ride did look like it was going back up, so the CM's let us scan our bands. When we got to the second scanner, we were told it was still down and the CM's told us to not scan our bands again. I think if the first scan counted, we would have lost our floating FP that was added because the ride was down, but I could be wrong about that.

SeanSean

Original Poster
What you can do, though, is move up your 2nd and 3rd FP if there are times available after you use your first one, ...

Thank You! Now this info is sort of game changer. In Magic Kingdom, this is making life difficult. My general strategy of reducing the wait time was to visit those high demand ride 1st thing in the morning, and only start using FP+ around 11am ~ 1pm. So it seems like the limitation of 3 FP+ would only allow me to enjoy half day of rides in MK with minimal wait time.

Is that what you experience too? Is it better for us + kids to head back to Disney resort for afternoon rest to avoid the lines and come back after 5pm?

Thanks
Sean

cw1982

Thank You! Now this info is sort of game changer. In Magic Kingdom, this is making life difficult. My general strategy of reducing the wait time was to visit those high demand ride 1st thing in the morning, and only start using FP+ around 11am ~ 1pm. So it seems like the limitation of 3 FP+ would only allow me to enjoy half day of rides in MK with minimal wait time.

Is that what you experience too? Is it better for us + kids to head back to Disney resort for afternoon rest to avoid the lines and come back after 5pm?

Thanks
Sean

Honestly, a lot of the attractions didn't end up needing a FP while we were there, but we didn't even get to the parks until 11 or so most days. It was pretty easy to decide what to do next between passes based on what wait times were showing in the mobile app. If you go back to the room for a break and come back, you should be able to get a pretty good bit in each day.

Rob562

It should be after you use the *second* FP+ scanner. The first post is to ensure that you have a valid FP+ reservation during that time, the second one is to actually mark it as "used".

That's why once in a while at a few attractions (the Safari seems to be the most common) if the FP+ Return line gets backed up well out into the walkway, the CM will only have one person in the party scan their Band/card to make sure they have a valid FP. Everyone then has to scan at the second set of FP+ posts, which marks the FP+ as used, even if they didn't scan at the first posts.

At Soarin', there's a bit of queue after the FP+ merge (where the second posts are) where theoretically you could hop on the MDE app and change your next FP+ time to be earlier, but there's only a few attractions where you'd have enough time to do that post-merge.

-Rob

SeanSean

Original Poster
It should be after you use the *second* FP+ scanner. The first post is to ensure that you have a valid FP+ reservation during that time, the second one is to actually mark it as "used".
-Rob

Thanks Rob and CW.
If I reserve my FP+ for the attraction A and it is my 1st FP+ in the day, and when I arrive at the attraction A I find the line so short without the need of FP+. So in this case, can I switch my FP+ Experience from attraction A to another attraction later in the day, and keep the other 2 FP+?

Thanks
Sean

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks Rob and CW.
If I reserve my FP+ for the attraction A and it is my 1st FP+ in the day, and when I arrive at the attraction A I find the line so short without the need of FP+. So in this case, can I switch my FP+ Experience from attraction A to another attraction later in the day, and keep the other 2 FP+?

Thanks
Sean
Yes you can. We did this yesterday...both our first FP choice and our second FP choice were walk ons, so we moved them to later in the day and then selected different attractions.

Wishes 1971

They system will even allow you to change your FP's after they have expired.

We did this when we were there in June. We had early FPs, and didn't go to DHS until late morning, so moved the expired FPs to later

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom