FP+ and FP

Buffybob

Original Poster
After I get my 3 FP+s at MK can I then park hop to EPCOT and get the old paper FP while they are still available?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
After I get my 3 FP+s at MK can I then park hop to EPCOT and get the old paper FP while they are still available?
Yes you can, if you have a suitable ticket to put into the FASTPASS machine. If you are a resort guest and have a MagicBand or Key to the World card, you cannot.

wclark3

It seems as if this "upgrade" is actually worse than the old system. We will be arriving in April so paper tickets will not be available at all. We will be resort guests as well. If we pick 3 morning rides for Magic, use them all and then head to Epcot at night we will be forced to wait in lines all night. You would think once you went on a ride it would open another available fast pass. This is really terrible and we may re-think our purchase of park hopper tickets.

Rob562

It seems as if this "upgrade" is actually worse than the old system. We will be arriving in April so paper tickets will not be available at all. We will be resort guests as well. If we pick 3 morning rides for Magic, use them all and then head to Epcot at night we will be forced to wait in lines all night. You would think once you went on a ride it would open another available fast pass. This is really terrible and we may re-think our purchase of park hopper tickets.

Or, as others have suggested, make your FP+ selections in the evening for Epcot and ride standby in your first park. It's rare that you could, for example, enter Epcot after 4pm and still be able to get a FP for Soarin'. Now you can walk in the gate knowing that you already have one in-hand (so to speak).

-Rob

Becky

Yes you can, if you have a suitable ticket to put into the FASTPASS machine. If you are a resort guest and have a MagicBand or Key to the World card, you cannot.
Not exactally correct. If you had an AP you could still get paper FP's even though you were a resort guest and had Magic Bands. We were able to use our FP+ and get paper FP's. Actually for some reason they had NOT deactivated our Key to the World Cards from August and November so we could have 3 paper FP's for the same time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not exactally correct. If you had an AP you could still get paper FP's even though you were a resort guest and had Magic Bands. We were able to use our FP+ and get paper FP's. Actually for some reason they had NOT deactivated our Key to the World Cards from August and November so we could have 3 paper FP's for the same time.
That is what I said in the first line.

"Yes you can, if you have a suitable ticket to put into the FASTPASS machine"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom