fox and the hound 3

foxandthehound99

Original Poster
It's the fox and the hound 35th anniversary! So I have been watching it frequently but then I watched the 2nd one and it drives me absolutely insane how disney would EVER call that a sequel! The first one was so awesome and full of meaning and then they just left us with a cliff hanger! I want to know what happens to Tod and Vixie! So I will not rest until I can at least get disney to hear my suggestion of making a good fix and the hound sequel. Does anyone have any idea of how I might get the ball rolling on this or who I can suggest to our how I suggest. Also is anyone else as furious about this as me? Or am I the only disappointed one here?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Welcome to WDWmagic, it's nice to see another fan of the Fox and the Hound.

To be honest, it's pretty lucky we even got a sequel, or midquel to be more accurate, at all. The Fox and the Hound wasn't particularly popular back then and it still isn't today, so it's kind of puzzling as to why Disney made The Fox and the Hound 2. This relative unpopularity of the original can clearly be seen in 2 as there are several creative liberties taken to expand the world of the film. One of the producers even said that they took a lot of creative liberties because the first one wasn't well known. And as a response to your point about a "cliffhanger," there really isn't one because the story was wrapped up nicely with Tod and Copper coming to terms with being separated forever with Tod and Vixey going to live their lives in the forest and Copper continuing to be a hunting dog.

I admit would like to see a third movie as I really would like to see Tod and Vixey's story continued, but it is never going to happen. The first two films aren't well known enough to warrant a second sequel. Even if they were, it would still be unlikely given today's Disney animation's reluctance to make animated sequels to any movies other than recent ones like Frozen and Wreck It Ralph.

Sorry if you're disappointed, but that's just the reality

Fox&Hound

I mean, I have to respond here =) Love me some Fox&Hound (obv) but a sequel will never ever ever happen sadly. I, for one, am kind of glad that Disney has stopped making uninspired sequels. Copper wants to join an all-dog country music band?!?!? SMH......

foxandthehound99

Original Poster
The forest tales were the best thing ever, not this weird stuff they make now. Where's the movies like bambi, Robin hood, and fox and the hound you know? It really bothers me that we may never see a sequel to an amazing movie that had a ton of character and a lot to learn.

Matt_Black

Even if they wanted to do a sequel, the story would be out there. It's not like they can go to the book for inspiration because- spoiler- pretty much everyone dies. Vixie dies, Amos shoots Copper before being hauled off to the old folks' home, etc.

CJR

given today's Disney animation's reluctance to make animated sequels to any movies other than recent ones like Frozen and Wreck It Ralph.

I'd toss Zootopia in there. Although a sequel hasn't been announced, it's the new Incredibles in that regard and will most certainly get one at some point. The film made over a billion dollars, no way will they overlook that.

ppete1975

wasn't fox and the hound straight to vhs? Pretty sure the demand is pretty low for a 3 (as it prob was for a 2, that prob didn't sell well), so I doubt we will see it. Def an under rated movie but I don't see a revival for it ever coming.

BTW I love the movie, just being a realist

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
The Fox and the Hound 2 was straight to video.

The original was a relatively big theatrical release at the time in 1981.

ppete1975

The Fox and the Hound 2 was straight to video.

The original was a relatively big theatrical release at the time in 1981.
yes I saw it originally in the theater...and still have my stuffed animal
10-vintage-copper-fox-hound-stuffed_1_ec347fb588b45d69d51706685b92bd41.jpg
but it doesn't get the Disney love and is kind of forgotten :( its not old enough to be one of their classics.. and not new enough to be part of the renaissance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom