Fourth of July

DznyNeckCoolers

Get there early and don't leave!! It's going to be very crowded, to the point where they disallow anymore guests in.

It'll be hot and humid at that time. Drink water, bring water misters or water bottle fans, and neck coolers. Don't forget deodorant! :eek: :ROFLOL:

Eat earlier than usual to avoid the usual eating times.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

My son and I will be there, too. I plan on getting in early and staying late.

I think I read on Disney's Web site that the 4th fireworks are at MGM. I've gotta check that again.

Anyone have any tips regarding the 4th fireworks?

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

I cant even begin to describe the crowds. At the mk in the hub and on mainstreet from about 30 min prior to the fireworks till they start you literally wont be able to move.

Upvote 0

MPitzen

To maybe avoid a little bit of the crowds do NOT go to the parks with EMH. This could help a little. Also, make sure to make ADRs if you haven't already.

Upvote 0

morgan22

We've been at New Years - i'm guessing the crowds will be comparable?

Does anyone know what time the parks fill to capacity on July 4th? we're travelling with 11mth old (not on-site) and don't really want to arrive extra early if we will need to stay all day with no exit...

(Sorry to piggyback original thread - just didn't want to start a new one for similar question....)

Upvote 0

MPitzen

Plan on being able to ride without terrible waits for the first 45 min. park is open then it just continues to get worse and I would say that it was usually around 10-12 when they 'closed the gates'. This is particularly true for people staying off-property, they will turn you away before they turn away disney resort guests.

Upvote 0

palmage

Get there early and don't leave!! It's going to be very crowded, to the point where they disallow anymore guests in.

It'll be hot and humid at that time. Drink water, bring water misters or water bottle fans, and neck coolers. Don't forget deodorant! :eek: :ROFLOL:

Eat earlier than usual to avoid the usual eating times.

Gosh that sounds like fun :hurl: :brick: :eek:

Where can I sign up?........................

Upvote 0

coltow

Don't plan too much. It'll be insanely busy. Do plan on getting to the park of choice in the morning and don't leave until you are done for the day. If you try to change parks, or even take an afternoon break at your resort, you may not be let in later in the day. My brother recommends EPCOT for any holiday.

Upvote 0

kimrn87

Original Poster
Days before and after the 4th

What are the days like before and after the actual holiday??? I have reservations planned at Ohana the evening of the 4th and was actually thinking to other activities like a water park/disney quest day.

Upvote 0

MPitzen

IMHO the 4th is the worst day of the year to go to a waterpark. Imagine the most crowded you've ever seen MK and then scrunch all of those people into a waterpark! I've never been to DisneyQuest but this could actually be the one decent place that day!! The entire week around the 4th is always really busy, as other have said just plan on going early and staying late. Make sure to take lots of water and make sure you have ADRs. This is the one time of year I would actually consider table service for both lunch & dinner because of how crazy it is

Upvote 0

MPitzen

Besides july 4th itself. Do the parks close to capaicty the other days of that week?

We are going that week and I am now nervouse about the trip

Don't be nervous about the trip, you can still have a lot of fun, it is DISNEY after all!!! As I said before the best thing is either to entirely avoid the park with EMH or if you have parkhopper then you could go to a park that has EMH only during the EMH.

To answer your question, for the most part during 4th of July & Christmas-New Year weeks the parks close to capacity on a regular basis. However, this is usually only for a few hours and it is usually between 11:30 - 4:00 (this would be later on 4th of July itself). So You can either not leave all day or if you have little kids that need to take naps just know that if you leave then you won't come back until around dinner time.

If you're staying at a Disney owned resort then they will ONLY let YOU in after they reach a certain #, until they reach capacity.

I would recommend going to touringplans.com it costs like $8 or $10 to join but they have the absolute best advice on which parks to go to and which to avoid on certain days, which is especially useful in these extreme crowds.

Finally, one other word of advice. I've mentioned this earlier, but get there at Opening, this will be the absolute only time that you can get on 2-3 attractions before the lines are crazy!

Good Luck!!!

Upvote 0

majortom1981

Thank you very much

We are staying at old key west. we are getting to wdw that subnday so iP lanned on going to the magic kingdom that night, July 4 itself I figure dto avoid the parks. Maybe do animal kingdom in the morning and then dtd and then watch one of the fireworks shows ( maybe the magic kingdom one from the polynesian.

what times are the normal times everybody schedules dinner for ?So I know when not to schedule dinner lol?

Upvote 0

MPitzen

It's the same thing as at home as far as times. You'll have families with young ones eating early around 5 - 6:30, which is when thing will be the Most crowded. But until around 9 / 10 the restaurants will stay busy. As long as you have ADRs you will be fine, even at the busiest time of day it should take now longer than 20-30 min. However, if you're talking counter service, go Way early or late.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I've never been to WDW on July 4th so I booked plane tickets (pretty darn cheap even) for this year, arriving on the 4th and departing on the 7th. I know it will be crowded so I'm trying to pick the best resort option. The main purpose is for the fireworks at MK and lounging at the resort during the short visit (with a peak or two into the MK after the 4th, of course).

Plane won't land until 5 pm so it will be closer to 6 pm by the time I arrive at the resort ~ then I have to eat dinner, no doubt. This kind of leaves getting into the MK out. I planned to stay at a MK resort so I could watch the fireworks from there. The Contemporary is currently not available on the 4th and the GF is not my taste. So, I've certainly decided on the Polynesian. Ideally I would have liked a lagoon concierge room to watch from my balcony but it's over $700 per night ~ which is just ridiculous. The garden view even is over $400. Am I wasting my money??

So, three questions for getting the best bang for the buck:

1) How crowded does the Polynesian beach get during that evening? I'd like to think that I could watch from there as a guest of that resort pretty easily. But if they start staking out spots at 5pm, I could be out of luck.

2) Have there historically been any passholder discounts at the deluxe resorts during the 4th? That would sure help me justify this in my head.

3) How special are the fireworks at the MK? I've been to the parties where they are more extravagant than normal Wishes so what is the comparison? I presume there is a patriotic portion and it's not just the normal Wishes version.

Upvote 0

MPitzen

I've never been to WDW on July 4th so I booked plane tickets (pretty darn cheap even) for this year, arriving on the 4th and departing on the 7th. I know it will be crowded so I'm trying to pick the best resort option. The main purpose is for the fireworks at MK and lounging at the resort during the short visit (with a peak or two into the MK after the 4th, of course).

Plane won't land until 5 pm so it will be closer to 6 pm by the time I arrive at the resort ~ then I have to eat dinner, no doubt. This kind of leaves getting into the MK out. I planned to stay at a MK resort so I could watch the fireworks from there. The Contemporary is currently not available on the 4th and the GF is not my taste. So, I've certainly decided on the Polynesian. Ideally I would have liked a lagoon concierge room to watch from my balcony but it's over $700 per night ~ which is just ridiculous. The garden view even is over $400. Am I wasting my money??

So, three questions for getting the best bang for the buck:

1) How crowded does the Polynesian beach get during that evening? I'd like to think that I could watch from there as a guest of that resort pretty easily. But if they start staking out spots at 5pm, I could be out of luck.

2) Have there historically been any passholder discounts at the deluxe resorts during the 4th? That would sure help me justify this in my head.

3) How special are the fireworks at the MK? I've been to the parties where they are more extravagant than normal Wishes so what is the comparison? I presume there is a patriotic portion and it's not just the normal Wishes version.

1) You should be fine on the Poly Beach, most who aren't staying at the resorts and are coming to see will be in the parks. There will be some people on the beach but this will be fine you won't need to 'stake out' a spot at all.

2) There are usually an abundance of discounts including AP ones that start for check-ins on July 5. The way to get around this would be to make a 1 night reservation for July 4, then make a new reservation for the 5&6 with the discount if it does save you a lot. (this info. can be found at mousesavers.com and then search for historical discounts)

3) In 2005 when I was there they did special edition heritage fireworks. I would imagine this is what they do every year. When I was there these were at both the studios and MK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom