Fourth of July - National Anthem

degunter

Original Poster
One of my best Disney memories was being at Epcot on July 4th and hearing Sandi Patti's version of The Star Spangled Banner and being overwhelmed with the number of pyrotechnics exploding all around. The last time I remember being there for this was in 1998 or 1999. The last few times I have been at Epcot or Magic Kingdom on the Fourth of July they either did not play the national anthem at all, or cancelled the fireworks because of the high threat of brush fires. I believe I saw a video from the past year or two that shows the Magic Kingdom show with the National Anthem.

Does anyone know if there is any chance of Epcot adding the Sandi Patti tag back to Illuminations on July 4th? How would I go about verifying this before I decide if I want to spend my holiday there?

It was truly disappointing last time I was there. I mean when I went to Disneyland in the early 90's, the fireworks show there was the National Anthem... every night. All I am asking for is for the National Anthem to be the one day it should be.

Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Unfortunately the July 4 show at Epcot is nothing like it used to be. The tag is down from around 9 minutes to about 4 minutes, and doesnt feature anywhere near the amont of pyro that it used to.

I just put up a video of the July 4 show you are talking about at http://www.wdwmagic.com/video.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom