Pre-Trip Fourth Halloween in a Row, will my luck play out? (10/31-11/1 PTR)

I've done Halloween Day at WDW since 2020, just to get out of the house and away from the Trick-or-Treaters, but however I was under the assumption that the resort hotels would have characters out (like they did 2012-2019), and then of course came the pandemic and that changed everything for THREE YEARS IN A ROW.
Last year, I decided to spend the night at Disney's All Star Sports Resorts (after having stayed in deluxe resorts twice in 2020, three times in 2021, and once in 2022) from 10/31 to 11/1, however, this year I decided to stay at Disney's Beach Club Resort, having spent 1 night in the Yacht Club in 2019 with my mom. And now here we are 4 years later at the Beach Club!

So here's what the gist of it looks like right now....
October 31, 2023
I'll drive my car to the Lake Mary SunRail station and take my usual SunRail & Lynx routing to the TTC via LCS and in-turn the Monorail to Epcot. I will be taking advantage of Early Entry at Epcot and try to knock down Soarin' and Living With The Land, all whilst grabbing a LL for Test Track and/or Remy. Then I'll take on Mission Space (Green Team of course), and Gran Fiesta Tour before maybe checking out some of the Food & Wine Fest. I'm going to try to make a 12:00pm or a 12:30pm ADR for Beaches and Cream for Lunch. Hoping my room will be ready by then and I can go in and unpack before high-tailing for RESORT HOPPING - complete with a 9:30 or 9:45pm dinner ADR somewhere (Whispering Canyon maybe?). Crossing my fingers that the stars will align in my favor here unlike the past 3 years!

November 1, 2023
I'll have breakfast at Ale & Compass or Cape May Cafe before, not only packing, but also grabbing the boat to Hollywood Studios in turn the bus to the Polynesian before walking to the TTC and catching Lynx and SunRail back home to Lake Mary!

So as CatBug said.....

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Seeing that some of the resorts did have characters out this Fourth of July makes me think that this could be a glimmer of hope!
1689201930179.png

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Ok, I think I have the game plan down for Epcot (assuming Figment is meeting guests at the time)...
Epcot Gameplan
Early Entry - assuming 8:30am
  • Soarin'
  • Mission Space - Green Team
  • Test Track (Single Rider)
  • Meet Figment
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Reflections of China
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (G+ LL)
Boat or Walk to Beach Club
  • Lunch ADR @ Beaches & Cream - 11:40am
  • Check-in, Unpack (Once room ready)

Now for resort hopping....
We're going to do this part "Jet Lag: The Game Style" as in we will playing sort a of a game of baseball if you will. No we will not have four bases, but will have two things: Balls & Strikes.
For Balls:
  • If there are no characters meeting at a resort, that equals one ball. One ball per hotel visited.
  • Four balls means I end up going to the park for that particular resort area.
    • Exception will be for Magic Kingdom Resorts due to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
    • This is equivalent to walking to first base
  • This will apply to resort hotels only
For Strikes:
  • If I end up kissed by a character, have a character whisper in my ear, or get licked by Pluto or Stitch, that equals one strike
  • One strike per set
    • If more than one character, can equal a double or triple whammy depending on how many are meeting during a particular set
  • Three Strikes mean OUT. I can't meet anymore characters for the rest of the day.
  • Strikes apply to both Epcot, Hollywood Studios (if applicable), and Resort Hotels.
I'll likely have a dinner ADR for Whispering Canyon at around 9:45pm-ish.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Epcot Gameplan
  • Soarin'
  • Meet Figment
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Reflections of China

Updated the Epcot Gameplan!
And the likely sequence for resort hopping will involve a 1:30pm step-off time and the routing will likely be as follows (baring a "Ball 4")....
Beach Club -> Boardwalk -> Rivera -> All Star Music -> French Quarter -> Contemporary -> Polynesian -> Grand Floridian -> Wilderness Lodge (Dinner ADR @ 9:05pm Whispering Canyon) -> Beach Club

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Updating the Epcot Gameplan again given the 3+ hour waits for Figment this morning....
Epcot Gameplan
  • Soarin'
  • Meet Figment
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Reflections of China (if time allows)

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Costume October GIF by Halloween Party

This trip is FAST approaching!

Now I made up a number of possible scenarios for the total number of characters I could end up meeting for this trip. These scenarios depicted below...
  • 1 to 4 characters meet with 4 Balls and 0 to 1 strikes
    • Figment at Epcot
    • Plus 2-3 at Hollywood Studios (if they're doing CP); maybe resorts if I end up lucky
  • 5 to 8 characters meet with 0 to 3 balls and 2 to 3 strikes
    • Figment at Epcot
    • Rest at Resorts
    • Ending possibly with strike 3
  • 9 to 12 (or more) characters meet with 0 to 2 balls and 0 to 2-3 strikes
    • Figment at Epcot
    • Rest at Resorts

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Costume October GIF by Halloween Party

And by the way, given the fact Fantasmic has two showing on 10/31 which makes CP unlikely, I may need to adjust plans for a ball-four scenario.
So in that case, for a ball-four I'll hop to the park which assigned to the resort area. For example, if ball four is called at All-Star Music, which is in the Animal Kingdom Resort Area, I'll hop over to Animal Kingdom.
For Balls:
  • If there are no characters meeting at a resort, that equals one ball. One ball per hotel visited.
  • Four balls means I end up going to the park for that particular resort area.
    • Exception will be for Magic Kingdom Resorts due to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
    • This is equivalent to walking to first base
  • This will apply to resort hotels only
That does mean the words "Take Your Base" will apply here, quite literally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom