Four Seasons Starts in December

floridabill

Sick!!!

Walt must be rolling in his grave!! He bought the florida property to keep out the outside!! Selling land!?? thats is disgusting and appalling!! Pretty soon it will be just like disneyland, everything will be moving in around them, they did this for a quick buck and it is sick!! Just wait cause it is going to come back and bite them!! What happens when people in golden oaks default on there homes?? it will be a weedy dirty infested community in the heart of WDW! Lets say four seasons busts for some reason, it’s their land now and they could sell it to who ever!! The fact that the sold 900 acres is mind boggling! Surely they could have redeveloped that better for guest experience than just another hotel in an overly flowed market!! Being in the hotel business you would think this is what they wouldn't want because it's that much more competition for them. This is just sick!

jt04

Original Poster
Sadly, it is taller than I had hoped. Any idea exactly what we will see from Bay Lake, WL or CR?

The same thing you see now, trees.

I think it will be visible from many areas which is not necessarily a bad thing. That area of property has a very natural look and gave tourists who never venture off property a sense of the "real Florida". But I think this is good progress that will hopefully bring in big spenders who might make further adds to the parks possible.

The only issue would be visibility from FW and the WL. But because of the way those properties are situated I don't think it will be a problem. That is why long range 5 year plans (or more) make sense.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think it will be visible from many areas which is not necessarily a bad thing. That area of property has a very natural look and gave tourists who never venture off property a sense of the "real Florida". But I think this is good progress that will hopefully bring in big spenders who might make further adds to the parks possible.

The only issue would be visibility from FW and the WL. But because of the way those properties are situated I don't think it will be a problem. That is why long range 5 year plans (or more) make sense.
Goofntink has already reported that there were height restrictions imposed on the property and it will not be visible from Disney property. Given that its current location will put it anywhere from 1/4-1/2 a mile worth of trees between it and the closest guest accessible area, the probability that he is correct is quite high.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4744485&postcount=10

jt04

Original Poster
Goofntink has already reported that there were height restrictions imposed on the property and it will not be visible from Disney property. Given that its current location will put it anywhere from 1/4-1/2 a mile worth of trees between it and the closest guest accessible area, the probability that he is correct is quite high.

I always had the impression from the artwork that the hotel is on Bay Lake. If it isn't than that would hide it except from some of the tower rooms and the BLT. Really a non-issue. Thanks for the clarification.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

menamechris

I hope it is so tucked away that unless you are a Four Seasons guest, it won't be seen. As far as it bringing in a higher class of people, and thus, bring in money to the resort for additions - the money was made when Disney sold the land to the Four Seasons. What they did with those millions? :shrug:

flynnibus

Premium Member

Well the roof top restaurant is supposed to have MK views... so its gotta be viewable from somewhere :) probably not any ground level where guests will see it though.

Interesting that it's Silverstein prop doing it.. he's the same guy who leased the twin towers.

And this finally happening means Osprey Golf course will finally have it's new owner... closing the book on the two courses eagle pines/osprey which were impacted by these plans.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well the roof top restaurant is supposed to have MK views... so its gotta be viewable from somewhere :) probably not any ground level where guests will see it though.

Interesting that it's Silverstein prop doing it.. he's the same guy who leased the twin towers.

And this finally happening means Osprey Golf course will finally have it's new owner... closing the book on the two courses eagle pines/osprey which were impacted by these plans.
This is pretty much it, kind of like how you can see SSE, the Castle, etc from the lift hill of E:E but you can't see them from the base. Also form what I hear the MK views will be glimpses of the castle, Astro Orbiter and Space Mountain and not like the view from CG or the roof of BLT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom