Four parks, one mouse...err man.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Spent the past few days in the parks, just some observations and comments:

Epcot:
  • On Sunday evening the park was very empty and the dropping temps Im sure helped clear people out
  • Soarin had a 20 minute wait at 8pm
  • The Cronut "pastry" that you've been hearing about is no joke! This thing is amaze-balls! Stop by the refreshment port in World Showcase and get one!
Animal Kingdom:
  • All Camp Minnie Mickey signage and references have been removed. The Times Board even had a faux front on it.
  • As you head towards Camp Minnie Mickey area, it lets you walk down the path just slightly, and then its walled off. The area right by the wall is being used as a smoking section.
  • The first Carnotaurus you come across in Dinosaur is completely missing and there is some weird random Carno head near the front of your vehicle. Almost didn't notice it.
  • I really think they may have made some improvements to the lighting in Dinosaur. Everything seems much more visible. Also, in regards to lighting, I noticed a couple weeks ago when I was on Everest at night, the Yeti was MUCH more prominent and visible. Right now I'm chalking it up to my eyes not being dilated from the sun since it was evening. I haven't ridden since then, but I'll keep you updated if I notice any difference.
  • The Tree of Life garden is in shambles. Theres all these paths you can walk and then get blocked and have to turn around and go back the way you came. I saw people confused and trying to figure out how to get out or wonder where this path was leading them.
  • A handful of construction walls are starting to appear throughout the park.
Magic Kingdom:
  • Used My Magic+ for the first time today and everything went extremely smooth. Granted the park was very slow and I was their early but it let me pick whatever selections I want and then adjust times to my liking. It also offered MSEP and Wishes, but no ability to adjust times obviously.
  • Construction walls all over the place! Caseys Corner, Agrabah, the spitting camel, Splash Mountain, the old keel boat dock and pretty much anywhere you turn there is something being refurbished!
  • Mine train looks pretty much the same as it has for the past few weeks. It seems they've been focusing on installing trees, snow whites cottage and the entrance. Part of the mountain is still grey and hasn't been painted. There were a hand full of people working on the effect with the vultures. I sat around for awhile to see if they would test it, but they didn't. Oh and the coaster comes REALLY close to guests which I found interesting ( but not anywhere that would be a safety concern ).
  • Rode Peter Pan for the first time since its refurb and I didn't notice any difference. Still looks the same as it always has.
Hollywood Studios:
  • TOT had a 100 min wait due to only running one shaft.
  • Lots of lights out on the stars on the Hollywood Studios sign near the big hat.
Photos:
  • Island Mercantile with construction walls up
photo 1.JPG

• New sign?
photo 2.JPG

• Castle Dreamlights coming down
photo 3.JPG

• Adding even more rock work to hide backstage areas?
photo 4.JPG

• Mine train track comes very close to guests
photo 5.JPG

• Closer look
photo 1.JPG

• Mine train effect being worked on
photo 2.JPG

• Mine train work continues
photo 3.JPG

• More Mine train
photo 4.JPG

• Magic Kingdom is a ghost town today! This was just after 10am, the park opened at 9am.
1492576_790476357633486_1301653924_o.jpg

Last edited:

The Duck

All it would take is one moron to climb on the rocks and you have a serious problem. Unless, of course, the track really isn't that close and it's a trick of the eye due to camera angles. Otherwise, I hope that they're planning a railing or barrier of some sort.

Sped2424

All it would take is one moron to climb on the rocks and you have a serious problem. Unless, of course, the track really isn't that close and it's a trick of the eye due to camera angles. Otherwise, I hope that they're planning a railing or barrier of some sort.
No the track is that close, if you hoped over those rocks...it wouldn't end well.

Animaniac93-98

Perhaps that's why that part of the wall is down during testing, to see what guests might do.

If something goes wrong, better to know about it and fix it now, then when people are actually riding it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom