Four Days in Sept. - Need Help

k9kris

Hey guys, I need your help again!

My next trip Sept. 7-12 consists of 6 days, but I have only four whole days at WDW to spend. We want to see all four major parks those days. The days are Sunday through Wednesday. Can you help me pick which parks on which days?

My thoughts are Epcot on Sunday, MK on Monday, Studios on Tuesday, and AK on Wednesday. I hear MK is busy on Mondays, but I figured since it's off-peak and attendance is down we won't have a problem. Is this a fair assumption?

Thank you all so much. I love this message board!! :sohappy:

westie

You know its not to difficult to do 2 parks in a day. Take for instance, you can go to AK in the morning and do most if not all of the park before 5 and then head over to Epcot, cause they stay open the latest, and attempt to do as much as you can. And whatever you've missed, you can always comeback the next evening. If your not dead, of course. Just my .02.

Upvote 0

k9kris

Original Poster
Originally posted by cruiseman
I think on sunday epcot, ak, studios and leave mk last for the memories

That sounds like a good idea. I had thought about that before, but I'm going with someone who's never been. I was thinking that MK should be the first thing we see because it's what you always think about when you think of Disney World. Another thing, that Wednesday is Sept. 11. If the parks are closed for some paranoid reason, I don't want to be at MK and have to miss it.

I want it to be the last thing in our heads, too!! I don't know what to do.

Upvote 0

wdwtime

I am going to be in WDW from Sept 7-14. If they close anything at all on this trip, I will stop going to WDW. You mentioned going with someone who has never been. The first time I went to WDW was Sept 12-16 1999 and the parks were closed on the 14th and 15th (Well AK was open at noon on 15th for resort guests.. woopee..all 10,000+ of them) for Hurricane Floyd. Even though I only got to see 3 days worth, I still wanted to go back. I did go back last sept 8-15. (Doh! All closed on the 11th.) I recommend hitting MK within the first two days. I am - Just to see it. It does make good memories and a lasting impression on a "first timer". The Day of the week doesn't really matter much on the "off-season", especially during the 2nd week of September.

This year, attendence is down... I hear that foreigners are too scared to fly. Especially around the 11th. I really don't expect to see anything close to a crowd when we are there. If there is, I will be very, very suprised.

Really, I am not complaining above about Disney deciding to close on the Sept 11. It was a good safety call and There wasn't anything we could do to get our minds off of it anyway. It was a sad day - even in the happiest place on earth. :( The hurricane scare ended up being a joke. They tried to kick everyone out of the resort pools in the clear blue skys. There was absolutely nothing to do for 2 days and it sucked.

I was secretly hoping the hurricane would hit. That time, We DROVE down to Orlando (never again) so we couldn't leave. Two of the CMs I taked to said we would more than likely be relocated to the utilidors and I wanted to see them. hehe I didn't think it was likely becuase the resorts are supposed to be built to withstand hurricanes. But what do I know? The letters passed out in our resort room from Disney asking us to remain in our rooms make a nifty souvenir.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Start with AK on the Sunday - its the poorest park and things can only get better. Move MK from the Monday to the Wednesday - best memories are the freshest. I'd do Epcot on Monday and MGM on Tuesday.

Upvote 0

dreamer

If you have a park hopper, and are hoping to see the most you can, I would definitely mix up the days. For example, AK closes at 5. That would leave you several hours to see EPCOT that evening. Same with MK. It closes fairly early.

If you have kids, do AK first. I think kids find it the most boring. Although I love walking through the cageless zoos, kids aren't usually psyched for that when they visit DW. If crowds are low you can see most of the shows and rides very quickly, then head to another park. I think the Lion King show is the overall favorite of all the live shows in the parks, so definitely see that.

On the last two days I would probably mix up MK and EPCOT. I'm sentimental and biased because I visited DW dozens of times before EPCOT even opened, so I alway like to save MK til last. It's a good final memory.

If you do EPCOT in the evenings, on the final day you can decide whether to spend the whole day at EPCOT, or revisit one of your favorites during the day (eg. do RnR and Tot 10 times, or revisit Main Street) and then finish up at EPCOT.

Always keep in mind that the weather may affect your plans. It will probably rain some almost every day in Sept -- usually in the afternoon. Once in a while it will rain all day. Be prepared to change plans based on the forecast.

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Don't forget...

You can easily park hop between MK and Epcot because of the monorail.

I usually do Future World first thing in the morning, hit MK for a few rides midday, and then head back to Epcot for Illuminations.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom