Four Adults, One Room?

KLeigh

Original Poster
Hi Everyone!

There are four of us going to WDW in September, and we have our reservation all set at POFQ. We decided to book only one room to save on costs, but now I'm wondering if that's the best plan.

We're staying for 9 days/8 nights, we're two couples, and all in our late 20s/early 30s. I love my best friend and her husband dearly, but I'm wondering if we'll feel cramped in one 314 square foot hotel room after spending all day in the parks together.

Thoughts? Experiences you've had with similar situations?

Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I would get 2 seperate rooms for 2 couples. We like our privacy and space. Some don't mind but shoot if I want to walk out of the bathroom not dressed yet I want that right! Haha! Me and my hubby even love 2 seperate bathrooms for just us as to why we often stay on a 1 bed Villa at Kidani (has 2 full bathrooms) and other rooms on property that have 2 bathrooms before. :)

sxeensweet

Forgot to add yes you don't spend most of the time in the room as some will point out, but if you can afford it I would definately have 2 seperate rooms just for the bathroom situation alone. Say the worst happens and a few of you have a stomach bug etc the one bathroom could cause a problem with 4 adults. Purely my opinion and some will disagree and say it's not bad at all but in the end it's up to what you all want. :)

If you are only planning on sleeping there, then I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad to "rough it" for a little over a week, but if you could afford to rent something from the DVC with 2 bathrooms, that is what I would do, sometimes renting from DVC works out to be about the same price and a 1 bedroom Villa at least has separate sleeping areas and 2 bathrooms.

sxeensweet

If you are only planning on sleeping there, then I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad to "rough it" for a little over a week, but if you could afford to rent something from the DVC with 2 bathrooms, that is what I would do, sometimes renting from DVC works out to be about the same price and a 1 bedroom Villa at least has separate sleeping areas and 2 bathrooms.

The only 1 bed villas that have 2 full bathrooms are Kidani and Bay Lake Tower. Also if 4 adults the 1 bed villas are not great because 2 people would have to sleep on a sleeper sofa which are not the most comfortable for adults. I would not give up having 2 beds for 4 adults personally. For us it's just me and the hubby and no one has to use the sleeper sofa. He may sleep on the actual sofa because he's a huge snorer haha! but we never use the sleeper sofa. :)

sxeensweet

I would do a "test" weekend trip with them before doing 8 nights together. Remember, WDW is not a relaxing vacation. People can get cranky and need some space after a long day in the parks. I know I have, but I have kids.

Yes I agree and we don't have kids but I need my relaxing bath (not rushed) and downtime at the end of a long day and night. :)

The only 1 bed villas that have 2 full bathrooms are Kidani and Bay Lake Tower. Also if 4 adults the 1 bed villas are not great because 2 people would have to sleep on a sleeper sofa which are not the most comfortable for adults. I would not give up having 2 beds for 4 adults personally. For us it's just me and the hubby and no one has to use the sleeper sofa. He may sleep on the actual sofa because he's a huge snorer haha! but we never use the sleeper sofa. :)
I agree with what you are saying here, but if budget is the issue, there must be some compromise. You either both have a bed, but you sleep a foot apart and hope no one snores, and then you wait for 4 people to shower before you leave for the park the next morning, or you could have separate sleeping spaces, 2 bathrooms in the resorts you mentioned, deluxe accommodations, a full kitchen, and laundry to be done in your room. You could take turns with the sleeper sofa, but without Mousekeeping , I'm not sure that's a great option. I still think I would choose the second option, because the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion, but I could see how the sleeper sofa might be a deal killer.

bee

I would definitely not stay with my wife and another couple in a studio. You will all have to get ready with one bathroom. If anyone is a snorer or anyone is a light sleeper you will get really annoyed with each other quickly. If someone wants to get up at 6am and do rope drop but the others stayed out for evening EMH and didn't get back to the room until 1...by the end of the trip you all might not be friends anymore.

If two rooms at a moderate hotel are outside your budget, consider two rooms at a value, or even a suite at a value resort. If you are really anti-value resort, is there another area of the trip where you can trim the budget? Can you eat more QS meals instead of TS meals (assuming you don't have the dining plan) or cut back on souvenirs/snacks/alcohol/something else? If you really want to save some money you could look to stay offsite, but make sure to factor in extra costs like resort fees and parking fees if you drive, or annoyances like long shuttle waits if you use the hotel shuttle.

If it were me I would do just about anything to cut down the budget in some other way so I could have the privacy and comfort of staying with just my wife.

allgiggles

If it was just a 2 or 3 night stay, I'd probably say it would be a tolerable situation if you want to save some money. Staying for 8 nights....no way. That's a lot of "together" time. I would absolutely be getting separate rooms or staying in a 2-bedroom villa (or possibly a suite at AoA -- but 2 rooms at a value would be cheaper than that). What happens if after one or two nights you realize it's not a good arrangement? Then you're stuck trying to explain why you now want to move to your own room...which you will be paying rack rate for. I would be booking a separate room before you get there. Too much togetherness has ruined many a friendship.

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

Can't imagine how bad it will be. We cannot see any plus side. No amount of savings would offset having 4 adults in one bedroom with one bathroom. We nearly came to punches when childhood friend and spouse shared beach condo even with separate bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We all agreed to never do such a foolish thing like this again. Get two affordable rooms, even if this means off site.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We did two trips with our best couple friends in our 20s we always got 2 rooms. We just went value and made sure we were near by, not necessarily right next door. 4 adults using one shower/ sink each morning it's a lot to organize just in that.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Then your traveling buddy has Disney's revenge in the bathroom right before you want your bath.

Oh ya good times.

Haha! That's why me and the hubby just for ourselves even prefer 2 full bathrooms where we can. He has done that to me before at a hotel always right before my bath or DURING!! Yeah that's happened! Not fun! :oops:

GenerationX

Day 1 - This is cozy. It's going to be great!

Day 2 - Your shirts? They're still in your suitcase, because there wasn't enough room to hang them or put them in the drawers.

Day 3 - I'm exhausted. Could you guys turn down the TV and turn off your lights? Thanks.

Day 4 - Ugh, we need to put a schedule together for the bathroom. You guys go to the park. Maybe we'll catch up for lunch.

Day 5 - I stepped on another one of her pins. The $@#**&# things are everywhere! And he will not shut up about the stand by wait times!

Day 6 - It's not my fault the towel dropped. I averted my eyes ... eventually.

Day 7 - Would it kill you guys to leave a clean cup or two for us? And how about getting some ice once in a while?

Day 8 - I can't WAIT to get home!!

Day 9 - Yeah, we're not sure when we're going to come back, either. I guess we'll have to make separate plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom