Fountain and bottled drinks price increase at snack and quick service locations

CaptainAmerica

This is the problem when shareholders mean more than customers. Disney is now the new face of greed in America.
pic.1Supply-Demand-Graph.png

Disney's supply curve hasn't moved. The demand curve has shifted right. It's the consumer that's moving the equilibrium, not Disney.

note2001

A quick reminder that "Water" is still free in Disney at counter service locations. Okay, so in AK you may have to get very vocal to get your cup of water, and the employees are known to insist that their water spigots are broken (in which case, if they were in MA, they should not be selling food at all.) Disney knows if the masses don't stay hydrated their first aid stations will have a medical meltdown as guests pass out left and right.

note2001

Garden Grocer is going to love this.
Skip the grocery places, when ordering water, go directly to the source: Nestle waters, first time deliveries have great deals. Last summer they delivered to bell services for me 5 cases of water for under $14. Extras went to bell hops and ME luggage check folk - which they loved

Last edited:

UncleMike101

Skip the grocery places, when ordering water, go directly to the source: Nestle waters, first time deliveries have great deals. Last summer they delivered to bell services for me 4 cases of water for under $14. Extras went to bell hops and ME luggage check folk - which they loved
Would you, perchance, have a link? :)
We went through over four cases last May at WDW.

epcotfan

Skip the grocery places, when ordering water, go directly to the source: Nestle waters, first time deliveries have great deals. Last summer they delivered to bell services for me 4 cases of water for under $14. Extras went to bell hops and ME luggage check folk - which they loved

That's great if all you want is water. The various delivery services in Orlando do obviously markup their prices but they are still a good deal when comparing to what Disney is charging in the stores and vending machines for bottles of pop, water, etc...

CaptainAmerica

Yeah but Nestle water tastes worse than the Orlando taps.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Is the bottle water the 16.9oz size?

No most bottled water sold is 20oz at Disney it's Dasani, and SmartWater which the smartwater is a little less in size, but Dasani is definately 20 0z for the standard price. The SmartWater is more expensive though around $4 and has been for a while. :)

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No most bottled water is 20oz at Disney it's Dasani and Smart Water which the smart water is a little less in size but Dasani is definately 20 0z for the standard price. The Smart water is more expensive though around $4 and had been for a while. :)
Yep SmartWater is now $4.25

note2001

Would you, perchance, have a link? :)
We went through over four cases last May at WDW.
They changed the website name to readyrefresh.com since last summer, but the deal still exists. Just set up a new account, first time orders get 50% off, and free delivery. If, like Captain America you can't stomach decent water there are other companies out there looking for business too - I recall years back a costco or staples water delivery thing. No info on that though - google will be your best friend there.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
An often heard argument.

That said, most people are in a movie theater for 3 hours tops, not a 7-day on site vacation in sweltering heat.

To be fair you don't have to go to the parks in "sweltering heat" that's a choice to visit when its that hot. Lol We avoid WDW in the brutal summer heat because we live through it here in south Louisiana so we don't want it on vacation! Haha! :rolleyes::p
And as others posted you can still get unlimited FREE filtered ice water in the parks and anywhere in WDW. Most QS restaurants or kiosks that sell fountain drinks have the free water. And I'm picky about having bottled water but the free ice water is not bad at all at WDW. :)

Last edited:

Clamman73

Considering when I went to Six Flags last week and it was $4.50 for a Coke, this doesn't seem too bad
But do people normally go to Six Flags for a week at a time though? The issue here is that cumulative for a trip, this is all adding up w/ the other price additions recently. Moreover, price increases for such food items seems to be decreasing in the time b/t each increase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom