Fort Wilderness!

SlideOperatorCP

Hey guys!

I am staying at the Fort Wilderness campground March 11th till the 21st! I was just wondering if anyone can answer some things for me!

I am sure it will rain at least once so I was wondering if I should cover my tent and things with a tarp when I leave or just buy one of those canopy tents (I am nit sure if I am describing it right, but it's the kind of tent that people use when they have cook outs to go over the food area.... I saw one at wallmart for like $15) .... Or will everything just be fine?

Do the comfort stations have hand dryers? (so I can use it for my hair and not have to bring a blow dryer)

Does anyone have any pictures of thier campsites? I am really not sure how to set one up... I have never explored that part of the campground!

Can I set up some kind of a clothes line for my towels and such?

what did you do to keep the bugs away? (I know I will have to deal with bugs, but if anyone has any secrets, it would be cool for my boyfriend to not be COVERED in bug bites like usual!)... hahaha, he gets bug bites if he looks at the wilderness from the ferry boat!

I (obviously) have never camped there or really anywhere for more then a few nights! I can't wait but I know that 10 days is VERY long to be in a tent! So I just hope it works out okay!

thanks!

atownsend

It rains pretty hard down here so you should set up some sort of canopy over your tent

I'm not certain about the hand dryers in the comfort stations but you can call ahead and ask.

I have camp site pictures posted in resort photos under Fort Wilderness.

I'm pretty certain clothes lines are against FW rules. But you can always just throw a towel over a camp chair to dry.

Bugs are not as much of a problem as you would think in FW. Whatever you use to keep them away in the summer at home will work just fine here.

And last but not least. 10 days in a tent IS a long time anywhere BUT Fort Wilderness.
Enjoy your stay
Andy T.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom