Fort wilderness questions

mymomee3

Original Poster
First I need to thank everyone for there help in my other post. For some reason I am unable to reply to them........ anyhow.

We are staying at fort wilderness did any of you stay there? Advise & distance to the parks & best way to get to eack park (boat, train etc.)

We are coming down next week, & in my last post someone mentioned fantasmic show & we should makereservations for dinner? I'm a bit confused, I guess I though the evening shows are free & can be viewed outside, but do we need to be in a special spot? (other than where my book suggests?) Is it too late to try to get for a character meal?

TIA .....................Kim:hammer:

WDW Expert

First of all I definatley suggest renting a golf cart. I know it is too late now and everything is probably booked however when you get there asked to be put on the wait list and hang around for about 20 mins or so and someone should turn theres in and you should be able to rent for the rest of your stay. The golf cart is a very convenient means of transportation around FW. The buss stops are at each loop but still could mean a walk. Additionally its more independence as far as going from thing to thing in the resort. The Golf Carts are only allowed in FW. As far as getting to the parks busses/ boats can bring you to the theme parks as well as water parks and downtown disney. You can only take a boat to MK which is convenient right from the FW marina. All these places are places you would be able to take your golfcart to. This is kind of brief but I am in a rush if you have anymore questions let me know! Hope this helps! have fun! WDW EXPERT

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
best memories...

Some of my best memories of Disneyworld are at FW. First time in a RV 2nd time in a home away from home (although not called that at the time).

If you are going to do a character breakfast...you MUST do hoopy do musical review...its on FW property. Expensive...but it was a blast (from an 11 year olds persepective).

Boat is fine...very quick to Magic Kindgom. I think I remember taking the bus for epcot. No problems with transport.

cdevor

I think there must be some other Character Breakfast at FW. The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is a dinner show. I don't think they are called the same thing.

Zack Attack

First of all you will have a blast at Fort Wilderness. It could be a vacation within a vacation there is soo much to do there. The best way to get to the MK is to take the boat. This will only take about 15 minutes and it's a nice way to see more of WDW. To go to Epcot you can catch a bus at the outpost bus stop or take a bus to ticket and transportion and get on a monorail to Epcot. I would say take the monorail to Epcot (takes about 20 minutes) but a lot more fun that the same old bus rides. To get to MGM you can catch a bus at the outpost bus stop, this is about a 20 minute bus ride. To get to AK you will catch a bus at the Settlement bus stop, this ride is also about a 20 to 25 minute bus ride. Things to make sure that you see at Fort Wilderness are Petting Farm for the little ones, every night they have a campfire sing along with Chip & Dale along with a Disney movie, and check out the light show on the lake at about 9:45 every night. Have a great time.:sohappy:

mymomee3

Original Poster
Golf Carts :sohappy: If we were able to get on for some or all of our stay, how much are they & if we parked it at say the boat ride, when we came back would it still be there? We are coming next week should I try to call to get one today ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom