Fort Wilderness Categories?

brent2124

I was looking at rates to camp at FW for 2009 and there is a new price category of "Premium" as well as the current categories of "partial and full hook up" and "prefered" sites. So my question is what exactly is this new "Premium" site? Are they larger than the rest or just closer to the bus stops or is there something else that makes them "Premium"?

ftwildcmpr

To quote Disney:

Premium Campsite
Hook your RV up to our newest, big-rig friendly campsite, featuring all of the amenities of a Preferred Campsite, plus, larger concrete pads, upgraded picnic tables and grills as well as prime locations.

Preferred Hook-Up Campsite
Hook your RV up to a site that includes water, electricity, sewer and cable.

Full Hook-Up Campsite
Hook your RV up to a site that includes water, electricity and sewer

Upvote 0

DreamAurora

Premium

I worked at the fort this spring. The premium sites were going to take over a lot of the old preferred loops. If you want the exact loops I believe they were 100, 200, 600 and 400? You can also give the hotel a call.

Originally they were talking about adding some extra landscaping (more flowers, trees) They were also talking about wifi at those sites. I don't believe either of those went through.

As for what you'd be getting for the extra money. Larger concrete is correct, the nice dirt/sand pads behind the concrete will either be removed or shrunk down though to accomodate the larger concrete. Also, they're changing most of the sites down near the docks to premium. It's certainly worth it if you have a big rig. Some of the preffered spots were really hard to get into and once you got in many of them didn't have enough space for slideouts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom