Fort Wilderness campground

ThinkTink721

It all depends on what time of the year you are going (prices may be more during peek or holiday times):

Campsite w/ partial hook-ups for up to 10 people - $44 per night.
  • Tent/Pop-Up Campsite
  • Accommodates one pop-up or van camper-type vehicle plus one tent
  • Accommodates 2 tents
  • Located in 1500 and 2000 campsite loops
  • Water
  • Electricity (20 amp/120 Volt, 30 amp/120 Volt, 50 amp/250 Volt outlets)
  • Charcoal grill
  • Picnic table
  • High-speed internet access (additional fee)
  • Cable television connection
  • Safe deposit boxes at the Reception Outpost (upon request)
Campsite w/ full hook-ups for up to 10 people - $59 per night.
  • Full Hook-Up Campsite
  • Accommodates one RV plus one tent
  • Accommodates 2 tents
  • Accommodates equipment up to 10' by 60' (some sites)Water
  • Sewer
  • Charcoal grill
  • Picnic table
  • High-speed internet access (additional fee)
Preferred Campsite for up to 10 people - $64 per night.
  • Preferred Hook-Up Campsite Accommodates one RV plus one tent
  • Accommodates 2 tents
  • Accommodates largest types of motorhomes and travel trailers
  • Premium location
  • Pets allowed in some loops
  • Water
  • Sewer
  • High-speed Internet access (additional fee)
  • Upgraded charcoal grill
  • Upgraded picnic table
Premium Campsite for up to 10 people - $74 per night.
  • Premium Campsite
  • Accommodates one RV plus one tent
  • Accommodates 2 tents
  • Accommodates largest types of motor homes and travel trailers
  • Premium location
  • Extra-large, concrete parking pad
  • Pets allowed in some loops
  • Water
  • Sewer
  • High-speed Internet access (additional fee)
  • Upgraded charcoal grill
  • Upgraded picnic table
I have only camped here once in a camper when I was little - I remember it being a lot of fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

karlbeau

I've camped at Ft Wilderness almost a dozen times and I think it is the best way to experience WDW! First of all, it is much less expensive than hotel rooms but, more importantly, the ability to camp at such a fabulous location cannot be beat. You are one boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom, yet far enough way to consider yourself in the "wilderness". The comfort stations are clean and the showers are always hot. The various restaurants and shops are up to Disney standards, of course, and the view of the lake cannot be beat.

Hey - I think I will go back!

Upvote 0

smk

Thank you for the info! It seems much cheaper to camp than stay at a hotel at disney.
If you have an RV it can be cheaper. However, we just got a great rate for a value that we couldn't resist, cheaper than some of the sites.

That being said, we love FW but we love the cabins. We aren't really campers, like tent campers, and we don't own an RV. The campground is wonderful really, clean, quiet and full of stuff to do that other resorts don't offer. You can visit the horse barn, used to have a petting zoo (don't know if it still there), lots of playgrounds for the kids, drive in Disney movies everynight complete with roasting smores. You can't go wrong staying there!

Upvote 0

tjnpd116

They also have a sing along camp fire with chip and dale, along with the outdoor movie, every night - and its free. then for a very small fee they have hay rides every night. slightly more expensive is carrage rides, horseback rides, and segway tours. If you own a golf cart, or can borrow one, bring it, you are allowed to ride it anywhere at the campground as long as it has lights. they are avalable for rent also, but alot cheaper if you have your own.

From the beach you can watch the boat parade, and the fireworks from the magic kingdom.

Upvote 0

spectromagic04

Original Poster
They also have a sing along camp fire with chip and dale, along with the outdoor movie, every night - and its free. then for a very small fee they have hay rides every night. slightly more expensive is carrage rides, horseback rides, and segway tours. If you own a golf cart, or can borrow one, bring it, you are allowed to ride it anywhere at the campground as long as it has lights. they are avalable for rent also, but alot cheaper if you have your own.

From the beach you can watch the boat parade, and the fireworks from the magic kingdom.
I would love to stay at the wilderness. Its sounds like there is so much to do there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom