fort wilderness cabins

healds

Does anyone have any experience with the Fort Wilderness cabins? I have read that it is difficult/time consuming to get the buses to the TTC and we are only going to be there Fri, Sat and Sun night, so I want to make the most of our trip and not spend hours waiting for buses as well as riding on them....Also, what is the Fort Wilderness area like where the cabins are? Is it similar to a campground and less Disneyesque? We want to keep our costs down and are also considering staying at the Family/KidSuites Hotel outside of Disney, but I am wondering if we will run into the same problem of waiting for transportation...Any advice and information on either would be greatly appreciated.

Lance

Why do you have to go to take a bus to the TTC? Just take the FW boat to the Contemporary, then the Monorail to TTC.

NO area in Fort Wilderness feels like some campground. I've been to many campgrounds and FW is like none of them. The Cabin part of FW has no feel of being a campground. All the Cabins are off in there own section.

You have to rent a golf cart, so you can drive down to the dock. Rent a golf cart, so you don't have to take any busses.

Fort Wilderness is a great resort.

Upvote 0

healds

Original Poster
I am trying to cut costs and aren't the golf carts $40/day??!! I might as well rent a car at those prices. Will I really need a golf cart to get around the Fort Wilderness area and get down to the FW boat??!! If that is the case, I definitely should not stay at FW, I have a 7, 4 and 2 yr old and would need to rent 2 golf carts!!

Upvote 0

Lance

Last time we stayed in FW, the golf carts were $15 bucks a day. That was 98.

You don't need a cart to get to the dock, their are of course busses that take you everywhere. BUT, the bus does only let you off close to Pioneer Hall, so it is a hike to the dock, with a cart, they let you park the carts right before the dock.

We've been able to fit 3 adults and 3 kids on one golf cart at a time.

You don't have to rent one, but not only is it a great thing to have, it's fun to just cruise around the resort in one.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom