Fort Wilderness Cabins - Walking to Reception Outpost?

WDWFigment

For our upcoming trip, my fiancee and I will be staying in a Cabin at Fort Wilderness. This wasn't really by choice so much as it was by necessity, as by the time we got around to booking, we couldn't find anything else in which we were interested. The Cabins do look nice, but I have a concern about transportation based on some things I have read.

My question: it looks like Loop 2800 is really close to the Reception Outpost. However, this doesn't mean the map pictures everything (such as fences or large foliage that would prevent us from easily walking to the Outpost). If we are able to get Loop 2800, would we be able to walk to the Reception Outpost, and thus save ourselves from having to use the internal transportation system? From what I understand, from the Reception Outpost, we can get to all Parks, except the MK (does the Outpost have a bus that goes to TTC?).

I am hoping we can avoid the unpleasant experience so many have reported with the bus system at Fort Wilderness.

Here is a link to a map of Fort Wilderness for those who may need a refresher: http://allears.net/acc/fortwmap1.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Weve always requested the 2300 loop, handy for buses in either direction, smaller pool and laundry. It is slightly further to the dock but its a nice shaded walk in amongst the trees, and although it is more walking, its just a different more relaxed location. And yes at the time we had kids 12 - 15 who walked too.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

If you do not mmind walking..which we do not then it really should not matter..walking around Fort Wilderness is great and something we love doing...it is our favorite resort and choose that over any other resort Disney has..:)

Flashlights are a must..:)

Upvote 0

smk

http://www.villagesgolfcartman.com/index.html Go to this site and check out golf cart rentals, they deliver to FW and it is MUCH CHEAPER than renting a cart there.

We stay in the cabins and have been in the 2100 loop almost everytime we are there. We LOVE FW! It is quiet and clean and full of happy peope. I know you will have a good time. The buses (internal) are kind of a pain, that is why a golf cart is important. The link above is great, these carts are way cheap and to have it delivered to you is the best.

Have fun, you both will love it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom