Fort Wilderness Cabins...just a double wide?

PLaYaGRaNdE

OK, so my dad just booked reservations for the Fort Widerness Cabin. I'm mad at him because after he booked em I saw pictures of it online and it looks like a freakin double wide in the middle of nowhere!! LOL I'm also mad at him because we could have gotten 2 rooms at the all stars for the same price or Animal Kingdom Lodge for a little more. :brick:haha

Has anyone had any personal expirence with this resort?? I want to have a vacation, not a camping expirence. And I want a pool, not a watering hole. :lol: Please, someone tell me it's not as bad as it looks. Oh yeah...HAHAHAHA and the bed that fold outta the wall doesn't look that appealing to me either.

kyle

dr_teeth90210

PLaYaGRaNdE said:
Oh, that makes me feel so much better. LOL :lol:
Technically, it is a singlewide... but technically, Splash Mountain is just a flume ride. It's all about the theming. With that said, the cabins are very nice and feel nothing like a "trailer".

Here's a nice collection of photos that show what the cabins and the rest of Fort Wilderness has to offer.

Enjoy your stay.:)

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/movie.asp?request=listMovies&cat=resort&location=FW

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/pix.asp?curUrl=/media/resortpix/ftw/ftwbath.jpg&resId=FW&resort
(click on show all to see all of the FW pics on one page)

Upvote 0

PLaYaGRaNdE

Original Poster
rileyspaw said:
Until you start paying for the room, may I suggest you go along and pretend to enjoy yourself.
:zipit:

HAHA...don't worry. It's nothing like that. We joke and play in our family a lot...haha my uncle called up after we showed him pics and made fun of us too. AND I'm extreamly excited to be going to Disney again, plus my brother's down in Orlando so I get to see him again. :wave:

Upvote 0

Nicole

Here's a great site about the cabins:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm

We stayed there in February. They are nothing like a "double-wide." They are like a big hotel suite with a kitchen and a deck with a charcoal grill. They are the BEST as far as being able to park right close to your room, which is wonderful after a long day in the parks.

We didn't use the pool because it was too chilly when we were there.

Frankly the best thing about the cabins was being able to ride the boat from the Magic Kingdom at park closing, bypassing all those poor people waiting for the monorail!

Upvote 0

PLaYaGRaNdE

Original Poster
Nicole said:
Here's a great site about the cabins:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm

We stayed there in February. They are nothing like a "double-wide." They are like a big hotel suite with a kitchen and a deck with a charcoal grill. They are the BEST as far as being able to park right close to your room, which is wonderful after a long day in the parks.

We didn't use the pool because it was too chilly when we were there.

Frankly the best thing about the cabins was being able to ride the boat from the Magic Kingdom at park closing, bypassing all those poor people waiting for the monorail!

Oh wow..that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks. I have another question though, how far do you have to walk to the boats or buses; it looks pretty secluded. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

nemobruce

I stay in the cabins almost every time I go. I think once you get there and see what it is, you will have a change a heart. Remember to rent a golf cart at the bike barn, it makes getting around the campground a lot easier as there are no places for cars to park at either of the trading post or at pioneer hall. Have fun

Upvote 0

Adreamisawish

We stayed in the cabins waaaaaayyyyyy back in the dark ages.....1993!

We went with another family we and our children were best friends with and they had the cabin right next to us. It was our best trip to WDW...(outside of our honeymoon in 1974 at the Contemporary and Polynesian when we could afford all the amenities. LOL)

I know they have improved the cabins since 1993, but when we stayed in them "back in the dark ages" they were the best. The fold down bed was such fun we had to fight our 3 children for it every night. I'm sure the cabins are even better now.

It was great to have the kitchen and the fridge and the outdoor grill. It saved us a TON of money on food during our week long stay. We were able to make breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner depending on what our schedule was, and Housekeeping/Mousekeeping came in and washed the dishes for us.

We didn't have far to walk to catch a bus to take us to the boat to the MK. It was the most peaceful place in the whole WDW.

We hadn't been back to WDW since 1993 until this past first week in February. We stayed at the All Star Sports resort. It was just my husband and I and our adult autistic daughter this time. We were only there for two nights and it was a last minute 'quicky' trip, but comparing the two....next time we will do the cabins.

Sorry this is so long.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Adreamisawish said:
It was great to have the kitchen and the fridge and the outdoor grill. It saved us a TON of money on food during our week long stay. We were able to make breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner depending on what our schedule was, and Housekeeping/Mousekeeping came in and washed the dishes for us.

I was wondering about that, what is the policy about cleaning up at the Cabins? I assume daily housekeeping for beds and such, but they do your dishes too??

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom