Formula 1 2023

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
If Haas survives I don’t know how safe Schumacher is, if he doesn’t start moving up. It’s looking like Magnussen has a seat for next year.

Timmay

Original Poster
To use a poker analogy for Perez today…that’s what can happen when you go all in on the first hand of the tournament.

Poor Ferrari. I mean complete disaster. Mercedes back up there. Vettel again looks good at the track, as did Gasly.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Fingers crossed that there isn’t some half baked solution to the porpoising issue. Clearly some teams have developed competitive cars that don’t suffer as much as others. I’m not discounting the possibility of it impacting safety, but I’m a long way from buying into a rules change the covers the field and potentially negates well earned advantages legally developed by some to benefit those that haven’t explored all options available to them yet. That being said, the 6G force mentioned during the broadcast would be brutal over the course of a race.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Fingers crossed that there isn’t some half baked solution to the porpoising issue. Clearly some teams have developed competitive cars that don’t suffer as much as others. I’m not discounting the possibility of it impacting safety, but I’m a long way from buying into a rules change the covers the field and potentially negates well earned advantages legally developed by some to benefit those that haven’t explored all options available to them yet. That being said, the 6G force mentioned during the broadcast would be brutal over the course of a race.
There should be no rule changes to cover the flawed design that is the Mercedes car. They can lift the car. That’s the solution. Will it hurt their performance? Yes. But tough.

Timmay

Original Poster
:hilarious:
Well, in the end the FIA has announced requirements on the bouncing problem…just like Mercedes wanted. Only…the FIA says individual teams must reduce the bouncing on their own cars, meaning non-bouncing cars don’t have to do anything.

Result…Mercedes is going to have to raise the height of their car, exactly what they didn’t want.

The FIA giveth…the FIA taketh away.

Timmay

Original Poster
Lot of chances today for drivers that don’t usually finish in the top 5. Let’s hope for some of those chances to be realized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom