Forbidden Journey New Locker

Disneyhead'71

At this point the Jurassic Park archway should just be moved back. I also wish the other one would have been replaced after Kong was completed.
I always thought it would be amusing to put the arch back and then inside the land have "Jurassic Park" theme park maps having "Skull Island: Reign of Kong" shown/listed as a headliner attraction inside the park. It would be a great homage to the part in the first movie where, as they drive up to the famous gate, Dr. Malcolm says "What do they got in there, King Kong?" The line was a reference to the fact that the visual of the massive wall/gate in the movie was, in fact, inspired by the King Kong movies. As was the end of the movie by having the biggest, scariest character , Rexxy, being a sympathetic character.

Rob562

At this point the Jurassic Park archway should just be moved back. I also wish the other one would have been replaced after Kong was completed.

It's a small thing, and I admit there are far worse themeing incursions between the lands, but the worst-but-simplest-to-remedy themeing mis-match that always bugs the hell out of me is that the "Emergency Exit Only" signs on the gates leading from the Forbidden Journey outdoor queue emergency exit path are in the Potter style rather than Jurassic Park, despite the signs being along a walkway within JP.

I get that *technically* the signs are part of the Wizarding World land since that walkway is there for FJ and during the design phase they were just designed like the other signs in that queue. But since it is prominently displayed along the walkway within JP, it should be in the JP signage style. Some less-astute guests *might* not realize that that's the outdoor FJ queue they're seeing through the trees, but there's no need to call attention to it. Besides, if guests are actually *using* that emergency exit out of the FJ queue, there's a larger issue than breaking the theme.

Also, they can't move the archway that much farther into the land because the Watering Hole (rumored to become Isla Nu-Bar in the near future) is right there. I suppose the gate doesn't necessarily have to mark the exact start of the land, so it might work to to move it to or just beyond the bar, but that pathway intersection will soon become a lot busier with guests heading down to the waterfront for the new coaster. They don't want to confuse guests by putting the archway after that point in the walkway, leading some to walk farther into the central part of the land looking for the coaster.

-Rob

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom