For what it's worth...

wizards8507

Original Poster
People seemed skeptical when I told the simplest bit of E:E news so I'm hesitant to post this rumor but here it is... Again, I'm not sure if this is already common knowledge, but it was new information to me so it might be interesting.

The trackless LPS (local positioning system) technology currently used for Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Aquatopia in Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, respectively, is currently being replicated for two new attractions in different parks. I am unaware as to the nature of these new attractions, but the first logical inference I can make is that The Little Mermaid ride in FLE will use this technology. As I've never been to TDR and know very little about this technology, hopefully someone can elaborate.

Fable McCloud

People seemed skeptical when I told the simplest bit of E:E news so I'm hesitant to post this rumor but here it is... Again, I'm not sure if this is already common knowledge, but it was new information to me so it might be interesting.

The trackless LPS (local positioning system) technology currently used for Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Aquatopia in Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, respectively, is currently being replicated for two new attractions in different parks. I am unaware as to the nature of these new attractions, but the first logical inference I can make is that The Little Mermaid ride in FLE will use this technology. As I've never been to TDR and know very little about this technology, hopefully someone can elaborate.
This could be a good thing, at least I hope so...

Lee

Adventurer
I am unaware as to the nature of these new attractions, but the first logical inference I can make is that The Little Mermaid ride in FLE will use this technology.
Nah...Mermaid is a standard omnimover.

The two rides in question are Mystic Manor for Hong Kong Disneyland, and Ratatouille for Disney Studios Paris.

BrerFrog

Nah...Mermaid is a standard omnimover.

The two rides in question are Mystic Manor for Hong Kong Disneyland, and Ratatouille for Disney Studios Paris.

That is a shame. I hope that system eventually makes it to WDW. Imagination 4, maybe?

MarkTwain

We can only hope and wait for the day that this technology someday reaches North America. :snore:

I'm holding out for the Imagination redo, myself. ;)

FutureWorld1982

That's kind of strange, as in the early stages the LM attraction of MK was supposed to be trackless too (saw an image in the new Imagineering book)...

Lee

Adventurer
That's kind of strange, as in the early stages the LM attraction of MK was supposed to be trackless too (saw an image in the new Imagineering book)...

Yeah...that's the thing...all the best ideas just end up in coffee table books.:D

FutureWorld1982

Yeah...that's the thing...all the best ideas just end up in coffee table books.:D

That's a bit sad.... :(
I would have loved to see a different kind of system, but I still like omnimovers, as they are really fast to load. I don't know about trackless vehicles.

PalisadesPkteer

Hey Lee,

Is there enough room at the Imagination building to do this kind of ride system?

Maybe if they take out the 3D movie side and then add an area for the movie later and use the entire building?

Does sound like the Imagination building should be demolished and rebuilt along with the ride. Can you at least hint if EPCOT will get anything at all for the 30th Anniversary?

I am hearing of only small stuff like on the 25th. It is less than 2 years away now!

Lee

Adventurer
Hey Lee,

Is there enough room at the Imagination building to do this kind of ride system?

Maybe if they take out the 3D movie side and then add an area for the movie later and use the entire building?

Does sound like the Imagination building should be demolished and rebuilt along with the ride. Can you at least hint if EPCOT will get anything at all for the 30th Anniversary?

I am hearing of only small stuff like on the 25th. It is less than 2 years away now!
Yeah, that ride system would work, and has been talked about, for Imagination 4.0. Talk is as far as it's gone though. I don't see them dropping that much dough on a refurb.
As for the 30th, you can expect it to be smaller than the 25th.

RSoxNo1

To me, Imagination is the best possible use of this ride system. The system itself could tell the story of imagination as it seemingly can go all over the place but then be corralled.

I know a while ago there was talk about expanding the footprint of the ride into the theater, so I doubt space would be an issue - it would be money.

PalisadesPkteer

Yeah, that ride system would work, and has been talked about, for Imagination 4.0. Talk is as far as it's gone though. I don't see them dropping that much dough on a refurb.
As for the 30th, you can expect it to be smaller than the 25th.

Well, I figured as much about this. EPCOT is to be forgotten again!

So here is the NO list

1. NO JII 4.0
2. NO real celebration for 30th
3. NO update for UOE
4. NO more beautification project (AKA remove tarps, whirlgigs, LAL stones and removal of at least part of the FON stage.)

Add more as time goes on toward Oct 1 2012. Also I am sure I forgot somethings on this list.

That ride system with the old Dreamfinder back would really kick JII up several notches.

Lee

Adventurer
[/B]

Well, I figured as much about this. EPCOT is to be forgotten again!

So here is the NO list

1. NO JII 4.0
2. NO real celebration for 30th
3. NO update for UOE
4. NO more beautification project (AKA remove tarps, whirlgigs, LAL stones and removal of at least part of the FON stage.)

Add more as time goes on toward Oct 1 2012. Also I am sure I forgot somethings on this list.

That ride system with the old Dreamfinder back would really kick JII up several notches.

Well, to be fair, the 30th really isn't a milestone type of anniversary like the 25th was. It will be recognized, just not in a huge way.

And #4 on your list....
The stage will be staying, but the rest is all on the table.

Main Street USA

If I'm not mistaken, there is a very large section of the Imagination ride building that sits unused. I remember seeing this after the initial massacre of the first version. It was severely chopped in length. Is this still the case?

Not that this has much to do with the possible use for the refurb, but still curious.

Horizonsfan

Well, to be fair, the 30th really isn't a milestone type of anniversary like the 25th was. It will be recognized, just not in a huge way.

And #4 on your list....
The stage will be staying, but the rest is all on the table.

I know the FW spine project is done as money comes in, but what is the general timetable for completion of the project? It was going full steam there for a while and now it seems to be at a trickle.

Tooning

That technology would be awesome for a ride in Disney World preferrably Magic Kingdom. Just by the sounds of the technology nevera actually riding it. What came to my head right away was a Wall-E Ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom