For those of us with a 1yr + wait...

frankd1962

Of late I've been counting down the days and planning more and more the things I need to get before the trip.

Less than 450 days now for me.

Caseyis8

I soooooo know how all of you feel. We just paid off a lot of debt, especially credit cards. My husband said we can go next year as long as we pay for it with cash. So, I have been saving every little penny I can find. It is hard with summer coming up. I love to take little vacations to places like the Wisconsin Dells, but even that is very pricey.
I am working a little more then I normally do just to save a couple hundred dollars a month. We are planning on going at the end of April or the beginning of May, 2007.
My husband thinks that I am such a freak for always looking at these WDW websites. I also watch the planning videos on the internet almost everyday. If I could live in WDW, I soooooo would do it. lol. :)

Dragonrider1227

Jodi's Dad said:
I dont know what I am going to do. Wife says she is "Disneyed out" and we got to wait tell the twins are 5 they are turning 1 in a week. My 7 year old and I having said we are going to take a weekend trip alone in Dec. I dont know how that is going to fly over.
Disneyed out? DISNEYED OUT? YOUR WIFE SPEAKES CRAZINESS!! :lol:

Namine78

Personally, I don't want to spend another 8 years waiting to go again. So I plan my butt off. Or still try to seek employment there though I haven't gotten that close yet. And of course, watch Disney movies and play "Kingdom Hearts".

lebeau

Caseyis8 said:
I soooooo know how all of you feel. We just paid off a lot of debt, especially credit cards. My husband said we can go next year as long as we pay for it with cash. So, I have been saving every little penny I can find. It is hard with summer coming up. I love to take little vacations to places like the Wisconsin Dells, but even that is very pricey.
I am working a little more then I normally do just to save a couple hundred dollars a month. We are planning on going at the end of April or the beginning of May, 2007.
My husband thinks that I am such a freak for always looking at these WDW websites. I also watch the planning videos on the internet almost everyday. If I could live in WDW, I soooooo would do it. lol. :)

Yeah, my wife thinks I'm crazy too. She rolls her eyes every time I find a new show in the Travel Channel to watch. Basically, she thinks I'm obsessed.

We haven't been since our honeymoon in 2003. And I have no idea when we will get to go again. Our daughter is coming up on 1 year soon and there is a possible opportunity to go to Magic Kingdom for 1 day in the fall. But I don't know that it would be worth it to go for just one day with a toddler. We'll have to see. The possibility of taking that trip has really sparked some excitement for me I must confess.

David

I guess that I am a little different in that I DON'T go to the boards after a trip. I may post a trip report, and look over the forum for a few days or weeks, but then it may be a few months before I check on things Disney. It is not that I am not interest, but knowing that it will be 12 months or 18 months before a return trip gets too depressing. I'm happy for the folks who are planning their trip, but I am just a casual observer for a few months. However once we really start planning or have booked our next trip, I'm here every day.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
lebeau said:
Yeah, my wife thinks I'm crazy too. She rolls her eyes every time I find a new show in the Travel Channel to watch. Basically, she thinks I'm obsessed.

We haven't been since our honeymoon in 2003. And I have no idea when we will get to go again. Our daughter is coming up on 1 year soon and there is a possible opportunity to go to Magic Kingdom for 1 day in the fall. But I don't know that it would be worth it to go for just one day with a toddler. We'll have to see. The possibility of taking that trip has really sparked some excitement for me I must confess.

Yes it is worth it. Go for one day and you'll have a blast! There's a lot of things at MK toddlers love. Go one TTA and laugh at the "Tom Morrow" joke every time. There's only a handful of rides your toddler can't go on with you and those rides have long waits (of course, those rides are fantastic, but don't think about that). If your wife is going with you do the child swap thing from time to time if you really have to hit the mountains, etc. In fact, in my experience with a toddler, one day is better than a long trip. A toddler will wear you out over the course of a multi-day visit. I wish I had the oppurtunity for a mini visit coming up soon.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
To answer the OP's question - this board has been a godsend. It really keeps me entertained and somehow keeps me from thinking about Disney so much when I'm not reading the forum. Our next trip won't be until around 2008 (we're waiting until our smallest is around 3, then we're going to take a big trip). Its been a really big change for me since I grew up in a suburb on the east side of Tampa and used to go all the time. I think I MAY have a couple of oppurtunities for smaller trips between now and then, but that's not a sure thing.
Another thing that really helps is setting aside money for the next trip and checking my Disney dollar balance on my Disney Visa. We've never had a pause this long between trips (2/05-2/08) so our next trip is going to be really grand.

AlohaMickey

Hello, my name is Dawn and I'm a Disney-a-holic.

We're going to WDW the end of April for 10 days after a 2 year
wait & save plan that has taken forever to get here!
It's been good to have some time to save extra $$ for fun
shopping and dining...but watching Disney movies, and
viewing WDW site and this site has really helped get me
through.

lebeau

ASJHLJ said:
Yes it is worth it. Go for one day and you'll have a blast! There's a lot of things at MK toddlers love. Go one TTA and laugh at the "Tom Morrow" joke every time. There's only a handful of rides your toddler can't go on with you and those rides have long waits (of course, those rides are fantastic, but don't think about that). If your wife is going with you do the child swap thing from time to time if you really have to hit the mountains, etc. In fact, in my experience with a toddler, one day is better than a long trip. A toddler will wear you out over the course of a multi-day visit. I wish I had the oppurtunity for a mini visit coming up soon.

Thanks for the feedback. You've confirmed a lot of what I thought and hoped. I don't want to plan a big trip until she's old enough to remember it. But I figured a day-trip could be lots of fun. And I want to have pictures to show her she was a WDW-girl from a very young age.

She's really curious - even for a toddler. She is fascinated with new sights and sounds and I think she'll get a kick out of the characters (I know a lot of kids are scared of them). I frankly don't care if we ride a single ride while we're there. I just want to see her take it all in.

If we wind up going, I'll be sure to post a mimi-update.

To tie this back into the topic, one of the things that sees me through is just imagining how great it will be to take the family when the time is right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom