For Those Keeping Score At Home: DLR vs. WDW Attraction Tally '17

milordsloth

Thanks for the wait, everyone. It's been a long week, but I finally have the number together. A word on my methodology: I took my list of attractions from the appropriate disney.go.com sites for the resorts. I consolidated where I felt it appropriate (i.e. the Railroad and Main Street Vehicles only count for a single ride each, nixed all of the holiday version, etc.) Then I decided which attractions count as rides. I'll post a copy of my spreadsheet for the curious this weekend if anyone wants to question my calls.

And now:

Disneyland Resort: 54 rides, 42 open
  • Disneyland: 35 rides, 26 open
  • California Adventure: 19 rides, 16 open
Walt Disney World: 52 rides, 49 open
  • Magic Kingdom: 25 rides, 23 open
  • Epcot: 10 rides, 9 open
  • Hollywood Studios: 9 rides, 9 open
  • Animal Kingdom: 8 rides, 8 open
Thanks for doing this!

jrayfarm

It's an odd thing, isn't it?

Let's jump ahead to 2021, when the new rides announced at D23 will be opening at WDW for the 50th Anniversary. The next four years will be HUGE for WDW, with a total of eight new rides opening there. After decades of stagnation, this is a massive investment and expansion for WDW.

Star Wars Land on both coasts will be two years old by 2021, and let's assume Marvel Land also opens in Spring '21 after a Spring '18 announcement (assuming the Cold War with Anaheim thaws by spring).

2018 - Incredibles Spinner C Ticket opens at Pixar Pier (see last Miceage Update), Toy Story Land opens two rides at DHS
2019 - Two Star Wars Land E Tickets open at Disneyland and DHS
2020 - Guardians E Ticket opens at Epcot, Mickey's Runaway Railway opens at DHS
2021 - Tron Coaster opens at MK, Ratatouille opens at Epcot, Marvel Land with E Ticket coaster and C Ticket opens at DCA

By Summer, 2021 that would net the following for both coasts;

Disneyland Resort has 80 Attractions
60 are rides that involve moving vehicles.
19 are major E Ticket rides

Walt Disney World Resort has 91 Attractions
53 are rides that involve moving vehicles.
23 are major E Ticket rides

Also, I counted each World Showcase pavilion as an "Attraction" for WDW, even if it's just a themed courtyard of shopping and dining like Japan, UK, Morocco, Italy, Germany. At DAK, Conservation Station was counted as two attractions, with one being a ride (Train to Conservation Station).
If only we could have just jumped ahead to 2021 at the time you posted this! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom