For the Veteran Disney Guests?

GOT2SAMMIES

I agree with everyone else... We always try something new...Our last visit we went to the HDDR dinner show.we LOVED it! We always try to do a different show..either FOTLK, Nemo, LMA, BB or a ride that we have not experienced.. We also took the time to go back to our resort during the day and rented searcyers which were fun! One year we skipped Epcot and went to Typhoon Lagoon and we had a blast! Of course we always have our favorites buts it nice to experience new things!

Jakester

Ive done the parks hundreds of times (and im 16). I plan on making a trip out there before school gets in and just vist all the different resorts (Mainly deluxe) and just take in it all. And hopefully end with a view of Wishes from The Contemporary resort

Minnie1976

We have spent time seeing the hotels that we haven't stayed in. Going at a slower pace and sometimes just sitting. People watching is so funny. I'm sure people were people watching us. Since it is now usually the 2 of us, we eat at the more upscale restaurants. We still enjoy the attractions, but most of the time go to our favorites. Some of the attractions that I like the best I'll ride over and over again til I get my fill before they get crowded. We did a scavenger hunt for snacks which was fun and so good. It is just the relax atmosphere and the escape from reality and being in another world.

This April we met up with my son (in 30's and has been going since he was 1 year old) and his wife. The 4 of us said it was one of our best trips. We had a blast. We each did our own thing and would meet up. They stayed at French Quarter and absolutely loved it. We stayed at POP, which we enjoy. I guess some of us never tire of the Mouse.

CaptainShortty

Although I do just enjoy being there, I agree with everyone, always try and do something new even if its just something small. You'd be surprised how much there is to do that you've never experienced. Maybe do one of these (if you haven't already)

- Eat in a new (or multiple) new restaurants
- See La Nouba
- Go to Disney Quest
- Go on a backstage tour (I highly recommend this because it tends to make everything seem "new" again because you see it in a different light. My favorite is Keys to the Kingdom)
- Go resort hopping...try to see every Disney resort in one day and just enjoy the atmosphere of them.
- Buy "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" and spend some time looking for the hidden details described in the book.
- Purchase The Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream with your party
- Rent a boat and take a spin around Bay Lake

That's just an example but a great way to do it is get a guidebook and highlight things you've never done. Then from there decide something new from the list.

Susan Savia

We go to WDW every year and basically do the same things (perhaps different order) every time. But thats what we like to do. We have our favorites and we make sure their covered many times over.

WDWLOYAL1971

Since Magic Kingdom openned in October 1971 I have never missed going a few times a year, which that puts me well over 100 visits and each visit is magical. We always do a new restaurant, new show, or what have you. However I have found that even if we weren't to do something new, it's the pure joy of being there that always does it for us. :sohappy:

mep517

I agree about the resort hotels -- there's so much to explore! Especially the restaurants, lots of hidden gems in the resorts.

DH and I love to walk the beach at Poly (grab a beverage from the gift shop) over to GF. It's always a relaxing time!

LeonardKinsey

I really enjoyed parasailing at The Contemporary! The view was amazing, and the photographer on the boat took some great pictures of us (they give you the flash card as part of the price). We got a 1/2 off deal through Groupon, so it was fairly inexpensive.

But yeah, I've been to WDW over 100 times. As a teen I started getting bored, and began to engage in some questionable activities in the parks ;) There are a lot of fun activities in the parks and resorts that aren't exactly "Disney Approved". :goodnevil

Leonard Kinsey
Author, The Dark Side of Disney
"The Anarchist Cookbook of Disney Travel Guides"
http://www.darksideofdisney.com

What I enjoy about having been there almost 40 times is that my wife and I can just relax and pace ourselves while there. You get to enjoy more of the details of the parks.

One of the things we like to do is visit other resorts that we might not have stayed at yet and grab a drink and play cards for an hour or so.

Foolish Mortal

We take pictures with all the crazy hats at the different stores in the different parks.

It's even better when they also have props available......swords, shields.....

We go to WDW every year and basically do the same things (perhaps different order) every time. But thats what we like to do. We have our favorites and we make sure their covered many times over.

Same here. And thanks to the WDW Magic ride counter app I can keep track of counts without forgetting.

Yodadudeman

Well you know about pin trading, but getting into it is something else entirely. I find that being a pin trader makes each vacation new and exciting. Not only do you get to enjoy the attractions, you get excited when you see cast members who wear pin lanyards. I would seriously suggest that you try out pin trading. Its a fun way to keep things fresh.

Also, I don't know about how many restaurants you have gone to in Disney World, but trying out new places to eat can also add a fresh new perspective on a Disney vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom