Trip Report For the First Time in FOREVER...There'll be Disney!

Hello everyone!

WOW! It's been a long time. For those who don't know, my name is Dawn. I am from Buffalo, NY and it had been over a year since we had visited WDW. It was a dark year for sure. My mom was diagnosed with cancer, we had to cancel three Disney visits, a Cape Cod trip, cancelled concerts, weird things going on in the world and my office closing forcing me to seek out and start a different job (within the same company)...boy what a ride. I hope you are all doing well and beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel. We have all been through so much.

Needless to say, I was ready. Ready to return to our happy place. Ready to, somewhat, escape reality, even just for a few days. It had been hard to travel from New York. There were a lot of hoops to jump through. Then we were able to get our vaccines and they lifted the strict rules for traveling to and from NY, so off we ran! ...well...flew...to WDW! There were some differences and changes to be sure, but all-in-all, we were very happy to return to the magic. Prior to and during a lot of the trip I would randomly burst out into, "For the first time in forever..."! And from there, the title for this TR was born. :hilarious:

When: May 19 - 23, 2021

Who: Me (Dawn) and my Husband Dan!

IMG_2787.jpeg

Where: Staying at the Poly in a Standard View Studio.

IMG_2423.jpeg

Stay tuned for Day 1!

Last edited:

Ears to Disney

Original Poster
I'm late but I'm here now!

Off to a great start! Can't wait for more! I completely understand the teary eyes for the boat sounds. I take them whenever possible.

wimvOD8DHbVn.gif

Following along!

Following along. :)

Loving this so far!

Can't wait to hear more!

Great report so far!
Thank you all for joining in for the adventure! 😁

Ears to Disney

Original Poster
Day 1: Part 3 - MK

After our coffee, we decided to take a walk around MK. We haven't been in so long that we wanted to take everything in. The sights, the sounds, the smells...it all contributes to the magic and the memories.

On our walk around MK, we had to make a stop at our favorite Restroom area to pay it a visit...it had been a long time after all...that and the coffee was starting to kick in.

tangled bathroom.jpeg

After our lap around the park, we decided that we needed to get on the PeopleMover. We were so excited when we saw that it was finally going to be opening just in time for out visit. It is like they planned that! :hilarious: We cut through the hub and I took some more pictures on the way over.

castle 1.jpeg

castle 2.jpeg

I was already enjoying the wide-angled lens on my new phone. Those photos may or may not make a lot of appearances. 😉 But, enough photos...lets get to the PeopleMover!

from tta 1.jpeg

Ahhh...yes...best views in the park. Tron is really moving a long now!

tron progress.jpeg

Living our best PeopleMover lives!

tta 1.jpeg

tta 2 .jpeg

After our nice ride on the PeopleMover we headed to take on Zurg!

Buzz.jpeg

Dan ended up receiving the honor of Galactic Hero...I was not on my game. We even got stopped in the volcano room for awhile, and nothing. Dan was convinced my gun was not working properly because he said he swore I was hitting the right targets but my score was not going up. I just thought I was too rusty!

At this point, we decided to make our way out to get our luggage to our room so we could get settled so that we would not have to do so later on. We walked through Fantasyland and got a few backside of castle pictures.

castle backside.jpeg

We walked through the castle and to the express monorail to use that to get back to the TTC. We walked from the TTC to Pago Pago, collected our bags and headed for the Tokelau building...home for the next 4 nights!

Up Next: Room Tour Video & Back to MK

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom