News For The First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration (REFURB)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
it was beaten by ghostbusters afterlife....its a real take
Not globally. Also, it was only in theaters for 30 days (which is short and atypical) prior to being released on Disney+. We really need to move on from pretending these are traditional box office releases. They were hoping for close to $300 million globally. They ended up short of that..but the release on Disney+ ensured it reached a new audience and made up for that.

And Lin is fine...we really going to suggest that Moana and Encanto should be torched?

Touchdown

it was beaten by ghostbusters afterlife....its a real take
Umm…
CBCE2071-0E81-49BF-9C36-9FC666BBB674.jpeg
FED5D991-5503-44E9-BA6C-8BF2D4C90CDC.jpeg

PizzaPlanet

My kids have no desire to do the Beauty and the Beast singalong and they can take or leave Frozen, but they would go nuts if there was an Encanto singalong or show. The soundtrack is always playing.
I think if Disney entertainment wasn’t preoccupied with brining back Finding Nemo, Fetsival of the Lion King, and Fantasmic they would have thrown together at least something for Encanto this summer.

Disney Analyst

Not globally. Also, it was only in theaters for 30 days (which is short and atypical) prior to being released on Disney+. We really need to move on from pretending these are traditional box office releases. They were hoping for close to $300 million globally. They ended up short of that..but the release on Disney+ ensured it reached a new audience and made up for that.

And Lin is fine...we really going to suggest that Moana and Encanto should be torched?

I don't know why some people like to push the false narrative that Encanto is some massive failure, which couldn't be further from the truth.

They also knowingly leave out all context and nuance of what was happening when Encanto hit theatres.

Stupido

Also worth noting that 'We Don't Talk About Bruno' is the first Disney song to hit #1 on the Billboard 100 Chart since "A Whole New World." And for AWNW, it was the credits version sung by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle, not the actual movie version. I think that speaks volumes for Lin and his talents.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I'd venture to guess any disappointment in Encanto's box office revenue was more than covered by the huge amounts they made on merchandise sales and Disney+ new subscriptions. Almost surprised they didn't do an Encanto singalong in the same style as the Frozen singalong... I mean the Frozen Singalong used 100% content developed for the film, required minimal costuming, and could honestly probably have been thrown together in a few months. With how popular the Encanto songs were, seems like it would have been a no brainer to push a show like that as quickly as possible...

Grumpy4196

Honestly the Frozen sing-along is fine as is, however if they update it with a couple of Frozen 2 songs to extend the life of the show and freshen it up a bit then that is great too. The BatB show just needs to be replaced. It is "tired" at this point. That stage could be used for anything and it would add much needed capacity to the park. Encanto, Coco, Rapunzel shows are just a few that could work in that space.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has provided an update confirming the Sing-Along will be unavailable from Genie+ August 22nd through Septempter 9th -

"For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration will be temporarily unavailable August 22, 2022 through September 9, 2022."

LSLS

Encanto is a hilarious discussion here. It is not NEARLY as big as the fans around here want to make it sound, and not NEARLY as unpopular as the people who don't like it try to make it sound. I personally didn't like it, and honestly I have trouble remembering any song outside that Bruno song that everyone sings the one line to (I don't remember outside of that line from the song). Honestly, that's pretty par for the course for me with Lin though. None of Lin's music is at all memorable for me outside of a song or maybe 2 from Moana. But I also recognize I'm on very much an island with my views on his songs, so don't take that as me telling you I think he's bad or anything close to that, just offering my personal perspective so you know where I'm coming from.

All that said, I'm not sure a sing along would do great for Encanto. Everyone would go crazy for that Bruno song, but would they be super excited for anything else (like I said, his music is not for me, so honest question here as I don't know)? I think getting Encanto into the parks somewhere does make sense, but I'm not sure a sing-a-long theater is the place if people aren't big into/know the catch lines from other songs.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Honestly the Frozen sing-along is fine as is, however if they update it with a couple of Frozen 2 songs to extend the life of the show and freshen it up a bit then that is great too. The BatB show just needs to be replaced. It is "tired" at this point. That stage could be used for anything and it would add much needed capacity to the park. Encanto, Coco, Rapunzel shows are just a few that could work in that space.
I think having BATB in that theater is a total loss.... Disney could do a "Mickey and the Magical Map" style show and do one of those huge collage style performances... It could be a show that is consistently refreshed by replacing simply just one scene every couple of years with a new IP. It is a no-brainer.

Incorporate Princess & the Frog, Tangled, Encanto, Aladdin, Ect. There is so much to work with for a collage-style show.

This is why I wish the Main Street theatre wasn't scrapped... Imagine what they could do with that. They could host a variety of different shows in one stage space on different days, similar to what they do on the Disney Cruise Line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom