For fun, if you were adding on more points where would you try to buy in?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
So this past August I took a fabulous trip and stayed in a 2 bedroom at OKW. I seriously considered blowing some dough and adding on some points there, the room sizes were awesome, through in Olivia's and it's quickly becoming a favorite.

genie.jpg

Genie Eliza has granted you 250 make believe owners points, Where are you picking.

lostpro9het

So this past August I took a fabulous trip and stayed in a 2 bedroom at OKW. I seriously considered blowing some dough and adding on some points there, the room sizes were awesome, through in Olivia's and it's quickly becoming a favorite.

View attachment 318494
Genie Eliza has granted you 250 make believe owners points, Where are you picking.
We currently own AKL and POLY and if we are playing this game it would be a coin flip between VGF and BCV. VGF becasue, dayum, them some nice rooms. BCV because of the location, great pool, and proximity to some great food.

ToTBellHop

BoardWalk Villas. Those standard rooms have LOW points but routinely sell out well before 7-months. We could plan a LOOOONG vacation and be able to walk to two parks. Plus, the "price" (points requirement) can't go up like I'm SURE all of the Crescent Lake rack rates will once Star Wars Land opens.

Nottamus

We own AKL. Totally love it there, AND the (for now) flexibility to use points at Jambo (1st choice) and Kidani.

IF we were adding, we would def add more point there first, but Copper Creek would be a second just because we love it there too..our first trip there is April 2019.

Lensman

For some reason, I've always wanted BLT, and I also have a funny feeling that I will want Riviera points when we see the actual resort next year.

We've owned at OKW since before the kids were born (and before it was called OKW).

ryguy

For some reason, I've always wanted BLT, and I also have a funny feeling that I will want Riviera points when we see the actual resort next year.

We've owned at OKW since before the kids were born (and before it was called OKW).
What was it called before?

christine7257

I've been considering adding at either Beach Club or Boardwalk (LOVE World Showcase and as a Star Wars fan see more Hollywood Studios in my future)... ability to walk from either is a huge benefit. But on the "con" side, stays there on points require more planning than I typically do as a semi-local and I'm also wondering what the gondolas are going to do to the International Gateway entrance -- I'm sure walking over is still going to be far preferable to taking a bus but ugh... I love the generally quiet entrance.

Phonedave

If I was being gifted 250 additional points, I would choose Boardwalk Villas - maybe. The maybe is because now I am paying dues on these points, in addition to the 210 I already have at SSR. I guess I could always rent some out to offset the dues.

SSR works for us. The only time Boardwalk comes into play is about every other year when my wife and I try to get away for a long weekend to F&W. You can't get into BWV at 7 months during F&W. What I would really like is 75-100 points at BWV. Those I could justify the dues for. Aside from F&W, we are very happy with where we can get into with our SSR ownership.

-dave

ToTBellHop

This conversation got me interested in looking. We have a 150 pt contract at Boulder Ridge but routinely end up renting more. Found the perfect 100 pt contract at Bay Lake and just put in an offer and it was accepted! Score! It'll be nice to have something once those Boulder Ridge points go away in 2042...

Lensman

This conversation got me interested in looking. We have a 150 pt contract at Boulder Ridge but routinely end up renting more. Found the perfect 100 pt contract at Bay Lake and just put in an offer and it was accepted! Score! It'll be nice to have something once those Boulder Ridge points go away in 2042...
I'm so jealous!

(Of many things... As per my previous post, I've always wanted BLT. Also it would be nice to be young again and to be worried about points going away in 2042.)

(Oh wait, I was one of the 3 people who bought the OKW extension, *that's* why I'm not worried about points going away in 2042, not because of the likelihood that I will be going away! lol)

nickys

Premium Member
Riviera for me.

Or BCV, because I have an emotional attachment to BC (it was the first onsite resort we stayed at).

rle4lunch

Curious discussion, as my wife and I just picked up a 160 point contract with SS. We want to add the minimum points from disney direct late next year at a closer resort... we're trying to stay at bay lake in 2019, but we're really thinking we should by into boardwalk or beach club due to the massive crowds that'll be in DHS and Epcot in a couple years, so we'll have close proximity and take advantage of the EMH.

correcaminos

Curious discussion, as my wife and I just picked up a 160 point contract with SS. We want to add the minimum points from disney direct late next year at a closer resort... we're trying to stay at bay lake in 2019, but we're really thinking we should by into boardwalk or beach club due to the massive crowds that'll be in DHS and Epcot in a couple years, so we'll have close proximity and take advantage of the EMH.

We almost did that. I will admit the changes to the IG give me pause so we decided not to do it after all until we can see what changes really take place. Of course by then BCV & BWV might be too short of a contract for us to want to pay that much per point.

rle4lunch

We almost did that. I will admit the changes to the IG give me pause so we decided not to do it after all until we can see what changes really take place. Of course by then BCV & BWV might be too short of a contract for us to want to pay that much per point.

"IG"? we're still noobs to DVC, so forgive my ignorance!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom