For Danessa -- Deck recommendations for first time cruiser

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Hi @Danessa ,

I'm reposting your question here so that it doesn't gum up the other thread. This way, all responses will be directed only to your question.

Here's Danessa's original post:

I'm going on my first Disney cruise in March. What deck floors you recommend that has minimal noise and you don't feel movement in case of sea sickness?

EOD K9

I'm partial to deck six midship. That's where I have been on my last four (Dream). I have deck 8 forward on the Magic coming up, so we shall see.

MaryJaneP

We're gonna have to agree with most other poster here in that mid-ship is going to minimize potential movement. We also agree that know what ship you are considering would help in looking at deck plans, etc. Clubs/bars/etc noise can travel so we wouldn't recommend being close to these. We also personally wouldn't recommend anything below 4. Finally, in general, since most of the guest stuff is either 4 or 5 and the top two or three decks, picking something in-between 4/5 and top-2/3 would seem to make most sense for a safer pick. We were on deck below pool deck on both Magic and Dream in an outside veranda room. Lots of noise with furniture movement above us. We enjoyed cruise nonetheless since we were rarely in our room and noise never disrupted our sleep late at night as nearly everyone was off the pool deck.

tmitch

Our first cruise was a 4 dayer to the Bahamas on the dream. We had an oceanview room on deck 2. We never heard any noise, felt no movement, nothing. It was also good for being close to the lobby, restaurants, and for debarking. Now getting to cabanas on an elevator, not so much...

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Our first cruise was a 4 dayer to the Bahamas on the dream. We had an oceanview room on deck 2. We never heard any noise, felt no movement, nothing. It was also good for being close to the lobby, restaurants, and for debarking. Now getting to cabanas on an elevator, not so much...
This was true for my family, too!! We were on the Wonder in '01. Deck 2 Ocean View. And we were happy to get it, since it was a Christmas cruise and we booked (nearly) last minute. We love our verandahs, but for a first cruise, that Ocean View was fine for us.

TomHendricks

We were on Deck 7, mid-ship in room 7100. It slept 5, so we had plenty of room. It was easy to get Aft or Forward, the mid-ship elevators were really close. We often used the staircase because it was easier then waiting for the elevator. My wife who gets sea sick really easily, felt nothing at all. We often wondered if we were actually moving. When we sail again, we will stay on the same deck in the same room.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
We were on Deck 7, mid-ship in room 7100. It slept 5, so we had plenty of room. It was easy to get Aft or Forward, the mid-ship elevators were really close. We often used the staircase because it was easier then waiting for the elevator. My wife who gets sea sick really easily, felt nothing at all. We often wondered if we were actually moving. When we sail again, we will stay on the same deck in the same room.
Tom,

Which ship were you on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom