For all you EPCOT beer drinkers...there's been a slight change

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Original Poster
So just got back from WDW. Last time I was there was late October as F&W was winding down. Made my December trip to EPCOT and as I was wandering around decided to get a cold one.

While in line I happened glance up at the menu while waiting and almost did a double take as I noticed the beer price had gone down. WHAT, a decrease in price at Disney? WOW this great.

Well it was until I was served and realized they were no longer 20oz beers. They've gone to 12oz and the price as been reduced by about $2. So what used to be around $8.50 for 20oz (about .43 an ounce) is now $6.50 for 12oz (about .54 an ounce).

I was told that after F&W all outdoor kiosks went down to 12oz. You can still get 20oz in an indoor area like Rose & Crown but all kiosks are now 12oz.

Just thought I'd share.....

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Well it was until I was served and realized they were no longer 20oz beers. They've gone to 12oz and the price as been reduced by about $2. So what used to be around $8.50 for 20oz (about .43 an ounce) is now $6.50 for 12oz (about .54 an ounce)....
Only a few are dealing with the outcome..
tumblr_n3y6krcub31qh59n0o3_500.png

matt9112

Lol, I can't wait to hear people cheering Disney for trying to fix the "drinking problem" in Epcot. Of course the moment Disney raises the price on something they like, they'll be condemning the company as evil once again.

maybe if the parks exsistance currently wasn't on alcohol and food sales they could offer 20oz without issue. but most regular folks I know only go to epcot to drink and eat.

Bender123

A net 25%increase in price and no complaints? I am pretty mad about it. Its just a stealth profit grab disguised as an anti drinking move...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This certainly wasn't to curtail drinking. Profits can only be the reasoning. To get the equivalent of 2 20 oz beers (give 4 oz's) I will now need to buy 3 12 oz beers at 6.50 a pop. That is $19.50 whereas it would be $17.00 bucks for 2 20 oz beers at $8.50 a piece.

As long as Rose and Crown still serves 20 oz beers I am cool. I don't need more than 20, so one is perfect.

Baldy

Would this have anything to do with the inclusion of alcohol on the 2018 Dining Plan. That change should take effect in less than a month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom