For all the grammar police out there

PUSH

yelrotflmao.gif

There are so many people I want to send this to! Thanks for sharing!

Californian Elitist

This just made my entire day. Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The grammar mistake that irritates me the most is the common, yet lack of understanding use of word "your". Honestly, did your elementary school teacher not teach you the difference between "your" and "you're"? He should make one for spelling, too! It's amazing how many people spell "definitely" wrong (commonly spelled "defiantly").

I'm graduating as an English major next year, with plans on becoming an editor or something else in the English pool, so this is right up my alley.

cw1982

My favorite was a paper I graded a few years ago where the student stopped, mid-sentence, and said, "well, Mrs. W, this is all I can come up with, so I'm gonna stop here. So good luck! :)"

Yes. She really included the smiley face after wishing ME good luck. I've always wondered what I was supposed to need luck for at that moment? Avoiding a heart attack?

Californian Elitist

My favorite was a paper I graded a few years ago where the student stopped, mid-sentence, and said, "well, Mrs. W, this is all I can come up with, so I'm gonna stop here. So good luck! :)"

Yes. She really included the smiley face after wishing ME good luck. I've always wondered what I was supposed to need luck for at that moment? Avoiding a heart attack?

This is exactly why I don't want to be a teacher. I fear I'll write mean words like "moron" and "idiot" on students' papers and end up getting myself fired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom