For a land most originally said they weren't interested in ................

Incomudro

To be completely fair, I'm not sure that anyone said it would :)?

Nor do some of us even care.
I've only seen a variety of vlogs, blogs, and other social media insights. Prior to watching those, I didn't have an opinion on Pandora. I appreciated the concept because I know that AK had once implored to create more fantastical elements. However, after watching the videos - I found myself getting upset? or angry? There was this one moment where a cast member was talking about this native plant to Pandora and how the Navi had ripped it open during the civil war so the pods could escape and regenerate and I just *hated* that in the midst of this actual animal conservation, there was so much money and so many resources going towards this education about things that don't exist. That a big ceramic plant had an entire backstory, but so much of animal kingdom is left for your own exploration without a cast member teaching you about the plants or animals you see. The ACTUAL plants and animals of our planet.

I don't mean to sound like a debbie downer, and maybe if I were a big fan of the films I would actually be excited - but AK just seems like a totally inappropriate placement for this land. I look forward to this level of immersion for Star Wars, and I think it fits in a land like Hollywood Studios where the entire point is to feel like you're part of ~the movies,~ but AK never had that feelings to me. It always felt more organic.

You know, you don't actually have to listen to these explanations?
In any event, it's meant to tie one into thinking of flora and fauna on earth in a similar fashion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Be careful, one of the fanboys will say a bird that sells for $40 is going to the hottest item this summer.

Wow, it's rare to find a double ad hominem in the wild. Not only are you arguing against something that hasn't even been said, but you imply it will be the stance of all the 'fanboys.' Otherwise who cares what one outlier says? And if you do care what one outlier says and need to pre-argue against it... that's pretty crazy on your part.

To demonstrate the speciousness of this argument, let's flip it around and say: "I'm sure one of the Disney haters is going to say that Pandora will close in a year for lack of interest. You haters are so clueless!"

Incomudro

Wow, it's rare to find a double ad hominem in the wild. Not only are you arguing against something that hasn't even been said, but you imply it will be the stance of all the 'fanboys.' Otherwise who cares what one outlier says? And if you do care what one outlier says and need to pre-argue against it... that's pretty crazy on your part.

To demonstrate the speciousness of this argument, let's flip it around and say: "I'm sure one of the Disney haters is going to say that Pandora will close in a year for lack of interest. You haters are so clueless!"

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous.
This is a Disney site, no?
I wouldn't be here if it wasn't, or I didn't like the place.
I'm not on a the Uni forum picking the attractions apart trying to tell people they are wrong for liking them.
I wonder if people who actually like WDW have been driven away from this forum and on to forums where people actually like the place.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I wouldn't be here if I wasn't I didn't like the palce.
I'm not a the Uni forum picking the attractions apart trying to tell people they are wrong for liking them.
I wonder if people who actually like WDW have been driven away from this forum and on to forums where people actually like the place.
We're not all gone yet. :D And we do try to bring reality into the picture, but the naysayers just keep repeating the same drivel over and over and over and over, and the newbies here start to believe it.

disney4life2008

LOL only a crazy person would think Pandora will close. My argument is clear: people will buy anything. They will in fact buy a bird on a stick if disney is slapped on it. I am well aware of the logistics of Pandora, disney, etc.

disney4life2008

I wouldn't be here if I wasn't, or didn't like the place.
I'm not a the Uni forum picking the attractions apart trying to tell people they are wrong for liking them.

You people kill me. This is a disney site. But that does not mean 100% of people have to agree with everything. I do agree, all need to be respectful but that does not mean we all need to praise disney for what they do. If you want praise, that is on the disney mom site.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Be careful, one of the fanboys will say a bird that sells for $40 is going to the hottest item this summer.

LOL only a crazy person would think Pandora will close. My argument is clear: people will buy anything. They will in fact buy a bird on a stick if disney is slapped on it. I am well aware of the logistics of Pandora, disney, etc.

Which is it though, it's like you're backing both options? On the one hand you're saying that the "fanboys will say a bird that sells for $40 is going to be the hottest item this summer", implying that it's not going to happen hence only a fanboy would say it.

You then say "People will buy anything. They will in fact buy a bird on a stick if disney is slapped on it". This implies you thoroughly expect people to buy these items which kind of completely contradicts your first point?

disney4life2008

Which is it though, it's like you're backing both options? On the one hand you're saying that the "fanboys will say a bird that sells for $40 is going to be the hottest item this summer", implying that it's not going to happen hence only a fanboy would say it.

You then say "People will buy anything. They will in fact buy a bird on a stick if disney is slapped on it". This implies you thoroughly expect people to buy these items which kind of completely contradicts your first point?

No contradiction. There is a video where a CM is showing a bird and people on here and other sites "love it." Please and proclaim they will loose all their money in the pandora store.

And it has been well documented and supported on here and face to face at disney, that people will buy anything from disney. My opinions and we can go back and forth as much as you like :)

mergatroid

Original Poster
No contradiction. There is a video where a CM is showing a bird and people on here and other sites "love it." Please and proclaim they will loose all their money in the pandora store.

And it has been well documented and supported on here and face to face at disney, that people will buy anything from disney. My opinions and we can go back and forth as much as you like :)

Oh I believe people will buy it (though I won't) just seemed like you were saying only 'fanboys' would buy it but then saying 'people' would buy anything with Disney on it. I took you using the word 'people' in the second post as meaning 'not only fanboys' which seeme like you were hedging your bets somewhat and covering all your bases.

As to people (or fanboys) buying anything, I agree with you and it's quite astonishing. We were asked by a friend to pick up some Harry Potter ink on our last trip to Uni. She'd bought the pen herself when she last visited but not the ink. We bought a small bottle for her as requested and had to pay around $17 for it, madness :eek:

disney4life2008

Oh I believe people will buy it (though I won't) just seemed like you were saying only 'fanboys' would buy it but then saying 'people' would buy anything with Disney on it. I took you using the word 'people' in the second post as meaning 'not only fanboys' which seeme like you were hedging your bets somewhat and covering all your bases.

As to people (or fanboys) buying anything, I agree with you and it's quite astonishing. We were asked by a friend to pick up some Harry Potter ink on our last trip to Uni. She'd bought the pen herself when she last visited but not the ink. We bought a small bottle for her as requested and had to pay around $17 for it, madness :eek:

Yes agree 100 percent :)

NormC

So everyone will buy a bird on a stick with "Disney" on it as long as they are people and not just fanboys? That seems to be the conclusion. Starting up my bird on a stick assembly line now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
kw2W7fQAqlRSMjgVduBOsWZfgfncY4QkI2kqXkgIHroqLRtUkmv6pqI-S0sjq6tVhcaAHQr57BluVwd5CWJ_IEu8aW3FNFSBLFKshjZSWJmUji4TYilUQkCejd_DOVFZRgjuFUj4s573zP3iA1fR=s0-d

Man, you know someone really wants this land to fail when any and all positive reviews are now the product of a conspiracy theory...
As are any negative reviews...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So everyone will buy a bird on a stick with "Disney" on it as long as they are people and not just fanboys? That seems to be the conclusion. Starting up my bird on a stick assembly line now.
Don't forget to do the Iago version -- can't wait to hear what he says about having that stick up his...

rael ramone

It certainly seems to have gained a lot of attention.

"I'm not interested in the movie so it shouldn't get a land"
"The film was rubbish, who'll want to see this"
"Nobody I know liked the film, crazy idea"
"Disney will mess it up, they always do"
"Yawn"
"Desperate to fight Universal and Potter, no chance of competing"

Were the type of things said by many when this land was announced on here (fair enough, it's all about opinions). Now there appears to be so much hope and anticipation for it which is strange after the initial claim the film wasn't good enough to interest people to visit a theme park.

So has anyone changed their mind since it was announced, or have the naysayers just stopped posting and the 'pixie dusters' taken over the sub forum. Go on, be honest?

As of right now I have never seen the film Avatar.
As of right now I have no interest in seeing the film.
But what I see here looks impressive. (Based on what I see on the site here, will have to see in person).
It pays to get a visual perfectionist like James Cameron on board who would insist on spending the cash to make this work, especially when you've (as in TDO) has had a habit of underperforming when it comes to new stuff (like the NFL).

Every theme (whether IP or a more universal theme) resonates with the public at some level. Despite it's huge BO, Avatar didn't seem to deliver a resonating IP to the plate. It delivered Visuals. This land needed Wow Visuals. And based on what I see here, looks like it delivered it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom