FOP wait

StarshipDisney

I thought that I would be able to get multiple day FPs for FOP, but there were no FPs available until the last day of my 7 day vacation. I booked them last Friday and the earliest FP was 10:30am. I think this year is even more worse than when FOP first opened. I had no problems getting a FP during that week after Memorial Day.

I have heard those same horror stories IRT no FOP FPs being available for the first several days of a trip. But it sounds like you did not work your FPs right at the 60-day mark (or did you?). We are going December 1-8 so I can make the FPs on October 3rd.

I'll be up at 0600 at the 60-day mark to make FPs. I am planning AK for the 2nd, 5th, 6th, and 8th days of our trip. So guess I can only wait and hope to score those 3 each FOP FPs.

Hcalvert

I have heard those same horror stories IRT no FOP FPs being available for the first several days of a trip. But it sounds like you did not work your FPs right at the 60-day mark (or did you?). We are going December 1-8 so I can make the FPs on October 3rd.

I'll be up at 0600 at the 60-day mark to make FPs. I am planning AK for the 2nd, 5th, 6th, and 8th days of our trip. So guess I can only wait and hope to score those 3 each FOP FPs.

I checked each day starting on my first day in the park (June 6). The first day to have any openings was on June 11. I even tried changing my number of FPs to see if it would be made available as I was going to book whatever was available and then go back and book the other two FPs that day. No avail. I started right at 7:00 am EST and refreshed my page before that just in case my clock was off. Short of having super-sonic internet speed, I think I did everything possible. This is the first time that I have ever had problems booking something I wanted at the 60 day mark. I checked all the dates later in the day and the FOP FPs were all filled by mid-afternoon for the days of my trip. With you going in early December, I suspect that the crowd level may be different than going in early to mid June like I am and it sounds like you have a longer trip than me as I am only going to the parks 5 days. I was flexible on which days I went to the different parks. I rode FOP enough times last year that to be honest, I am not that bothered. The FPs were more for the other people in my party and I am definitely not taking the standby line. I'll just go to Pongu Pongu and get me a drink instead and go to other attractions.

Last edited:

Hcalvert

If you just have FoP, then you can book 2 more at another park once you've scanned in. If the second park has tiers, you can book a tier 1 and a tier 2 FP.

I don't think this is possible. I saw this on Disney's website:

At this time, when making FastPass+ selections, Guests are limited to choosing up to 3 selections from one Walt Disney World Theme Park per day. Therefore, it will not be possible to make advance FastPass+ selections at more than one Disney Theme Park on the same day. However, once all of your FastPasses on any given day have either been used or have expired, you will then be able to make additional FastPass selections, one at a time, subject to availability for the remainder of the day. These additional FastPass selections can be made either at the same Disney Theme Park, or at another Park in the event you have tickets with the Park Hopper option. You can make these additional FastPass selections using the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, or by visiting one of the FastPass kiosks in the Theme Parks.

From this, I assume that once you arrive at the new park with tiers that you can either book one tier 1 or tier 2 FP at a time.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't think this is possible. I saw this on Disney's website:

At this time, when making FastPass+ selections, Guests are limited to choosing up to 3 selections from one Walt Disney World Theme Park per day. Therefore, it will not be possible to make advance FastPass+ selections at more than one Disney Theme Park on the same day. However, once all of your FastPasses on any given day have either been used or have expired, you will then be able to make additional FastPass selections, one at a time, subject to availability for the remainder of the day. These additional FastPass selections can be made either at the same Disney Theme Park, or at another Park in the event you have tickets with the Park Hopper option. You can make these additional FastPass selections using the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, or by visiting one of the FastPass kiosks in the Theme Parks.

From this, I assume that once you arrive at the new park with tiers that you can either book one tier 1 or tier 2 FP at a time.

Believe me it is possible. It's been done over and over. I was using it 2016/2017. The clues in what you quoted are the phrases "up to 3" and "in advance".

I've posted before but I'll happily do so again. :)

So, you can hold three initial fastpasses.

If you pre-book these ahead of the day you use them, they must be booked in the same park.

After that you can book one at a time, and they can be in any park.

So far, so good. The rules everyone knows.

However, if you only book one or two initial fastpasses, then you still have two or one more initial fastpasses as yet unbooked.

As soon as you tap in to the first one, so that the FP system registers you, you can now go and book your remaining initial fastpasses in any park(s).

- if these are in the same park you started in, then they must follow the tie ring rules of the park.

- if you decide to hop to another park, you can book a tier 1 and a tier 2.

-if you are really ambitious, you can book a tier 1 ride at one other park, and a tier 1 ride at yet another park.

The key thing is you can only pre-book in advance at one park. On the day, you can book your three initial fastpasses anywhere, though you must use one first.

Examples:

I had an FEA FP booked at Epcot. Once tapped in I booked Pirates and JC.

Another day I had Soarin. Once tapped in, I got TSMM and Star Tours for later that afternoon.

Not done the three parks, but lots have. When FP+ was first introduced, this wasn't posssible. The changes they made later allowed it. It makes park hopping more attractive, assuming there is availability. In theory you could ride FoP, then book FEA and Slinky; in practice - at a quiet time, maybe.

For lots more info, the DIS boards have "stickies" covering this.

azox

Believe me it is possible. It's been done over and over. I was using it 2016/2017. The clues in what you quoted are the phrases "up to 3" and "in advance".

If you pre-book these ahead of the day you use them, they must be booked in the same park.

However, if you only book one or two initial fastpasses, then you still have two or one more initial fastpasses as yet unbooked.

As soon as you tap in to the first one, so that the FP system registers you, you can now go and book your remaining initial fastpasses in any park(s).

- if these are in the same park you started in, then they must follow the tie ring rules of the park.

-if you are really ambitious, you can book a tier 1 ride at one other park, and a tier 1 ride at yet another park.

The key thing is you can only pre-book in advance at one park. On the day, you can book your three initial fastpasses anywhere, though you must use one first.

Examples:

Another day I had Soarin. Once tapped in, I got TSMM and Star Tours for later that afternoon.

Not done the three parks, but lots have. When FP+ was first introduced, this wasn't posssible. The changes they made later allowed it. It makes park hopping more attractive, assuming there is availability. In theory you could ride FoP, then book FEA and Slinky; in practice - at a quiet time, maybe.

What if :

You booked a FOP FP ahead of time via the app but you could only get an evening slot and that is the only FP you have booked ahead. Is it possible to go to another park earlier that day and book the other 2 FP's earlier in the day? or do you have to complete the FOP FP first before booking the other 2?

nickys

Premium Member
What if :

You booked a FOP FP ahead of time via the app but you could only get an evening slot and that is the only FP you have booked ahead. Is it possible to go to another park earlier that day and book the other 2 FP's earlier in the day? or do you have to complete the FOP FP first before booking the other 2?

You would have to tap into FoP first. :(

Hcalvert

Examples:

I figured that is what you meant. However if I personally choose to do this, then I run the risk of not getting any more FPs for that day other than the one or two that I pre-book. With the parks being so crowded these days, I bet my luck will not be the best at getting desired FPs at certain parks. However, saying that, I think I may try this at Epcot as there is not two tier 2 rides that I want to book a FP for when I visit and take a shot at getting another FP somewhere else that day before I hop over to it.

nickys

Premium Member
However, if you had found that you had managed to ride FoP earlier (like at rope drop or for some bizarre reason the line was non-existent), then you could cancel
I figured that is what you meant. However if I personally choose to do this, then I run the risk of not getting any more FPs for that day other than the one or two that I pre-book. With the parks being so crowded these days, I bet my luck will not be the best at getting desired FPs at certain parks. However, saying that, I think I may try this at Epcot as there is not two tier 2 rides that I want to book a FP for when I visit and take a shot at getting another FP somewhere else that day before I hop over to it.

It depends what you're looking for. The time I did FEA and then Pirates and JC was New Year's Day, around 3pm.

The Soarin to DHS was a couple of days later, 3rd or 4th Jan, just at the start of the marathon events.

I wouldn't expect to get a raft of tier 1 FPs, and I wouldn't want to plan my touring banking on this. But when we go back, I can see DH wanting to do the Star Wars rides several times. So on the days which I designate to be "wing it" days, I can see myself booking one of the Star Wars rides and then decide what to do next. Hop to Epcot and see if Soarin is available, or SSE, or MS.

WDWFan2018

Wow that is crazy, when are you going? We are going May 9-15 and we were able to get it EVERYDAY of our trip, in fact I upgraded tro Park Hopper so we can go to other parks as well, because we were able to get it everyday. I do have a question. If that is the only fast pass we have that day, as soon as we use it can we get 2 fast passes at another park? or do we have to do all three at the same park before we can get the additional, at that point one at a time

I've never done this personally, but I believe with park hoppers, you can book 3 FPs at whatever park you want. They don't all need to be at the same park. You don't need to wait to book the other 2. The only reason I thought this was because I accidentally tried to book a FP at a different park without a hopper pass and I got an error saying that I couldn't do it because I didn't have a hopper ticket.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I've never done this personally, but I believe with park hoppers, you can book 3 FPs at whatever park you want. They don't all need to be at the same park. You don't need to wait to book the other 2.
This is incorrect. If you book in advance, all 3 FPs need to be at the SAME park. Once you pick your first FP, the system defaults to whatever park your first FP is in to pick your next two.

I have an AP and just experimented trying to book three FPs in different parks on the same day. No go.

WDWFan2018

This is incorrect. If you book in advance, all 3 FPs need to be at the SAME park. Once you pick your first FP, the system defaults to whatever park your first FP is in to pick your next two.

I have an AP and just experimented trying to book three FPs in different parks on the same day. No go.

Good to know. I just know that it said I couldn't do it because I didn't purchase hopper tickets. I just assumed that if I had, it would let me. I guess not haha.

MrConbon

Just get in line a minute before park close. It’s only about a half hour wait then and you aren’t taking any time out of your park hours to stand in line.

DisneyFan 2000

Also just keep checking Fast Passes every day, you never know when you will get lucky and someone either drops them or they open more up. We just secured some for Memorial Day weekend yesterday and I was shocked.
I'd like to second that. I was there on a fairly busy Saturday (3+ hour waits) and snagged a FP to ride in the middle of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom