FOP wait

DPN

Original Poster
Apologies if this has been asked before. What can I expect the wait to be on a Saturday (specifically 5/5/18) at general opening (0800) With EMH starting at 0700?

StarshipDisney

All I can say is that I have heard nothing but terrible news about FOP wait times. It seems to build to several hours very quickly each day.

I hear some talk about getting there at 0630 or earlier just to be in front of the line at rope drop. Even being there at rope drop on EMH seems to mean that most everybody is heading to Pandora.

I know this does not directly answer your question. My point is this: I am planning a trip in December to where we touch Animal Kingdom on 4 separate days (out of 8) and thus I hope to secure 3 Fastpasses for FOP and 1 for the River Journey. That way I can count on riding FOP 3 times. I hear FP for FOP is the only way to go unless you like a long wait and thus planning is everything.

awilliams4

1.jpg

Dave B

If you are there at 630 and get in line you will wait the 30 minutes until the gate opens and then you will be part of the mad dash to FoP, if you are not trampled, you will then wait anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending where you are in the herd of people, but you will get to experience the pre opening, rope drop bird ceremony as well as the Queue for FoP, in Theory your wait is about 1 1/2 hours this way vs. the 2+ hours during the day, you also have to account getting up at 530-545 to get to the park by 630 to get in line

awilliams4

To me it is worth it. I was using it as a tool to decide which week within certain months we are willing to go. I also use their recommended days as well.

Amos1784

Also just keep checking Fast Passes every day, you never know when you will get lucky and someone either drops them or they open more up. We just secured some for Memorial Day weekend yesterday and I was shocked.

azox

Apologies if this has been asked before. What can I expect the wait to be on a Saturday (specifically 5/5/18) at general opening (0800) With EMH starting at 0700?

I found the wait to be a shorter later in the day / evening when I went. Unfortunately when I went with friends in the morning the wait was marked as 120 minutes and we ended up being in line for 5 hours in the queue. We should have walked out, but you kept thinking the lines moving and they said there might be a delay, but going from 2 hours to 5 hours was bad. You get that feeling of, well we waited this long... it can't be that much longer to wait and you don't want to give up but we should have.

Still a great ride though. Just not 5 hour wait great.

TheDuke

Sorry to say it will probably be three hours or so by then. Another way to do it is to get in line right before park close. The FP's obviously stop coming in after the park closes so the wait ends up being substantially shorter than posted that way. I've done it a time or two and just ended up waiting an hour or an hour and a half. I know that still sounds long, but it's definitely worth that much of a wait, nothing is worth a full three hours IMO. Plus you're in line after the park closes so it's not like you could be using the time on other attractions anyway.

DPN

Original Poster
Thanks everybody for the responses. I’m thinking my son and I will probably wait in line if it’s less that two hours or so and my wife and her sis can hang with the little one and use a rider switch pass so at least they don’t have to wait. Thanks again!

Wendy Pleakley

Sorry to say it will probably be three hours or so by then. Another way to do it is to get in line right before park close. The FP's obviously stop coming in after the park closes so the wait ends up being substantially shorter than posted that way. I've done it a time or two and just ended up waiting an hour or an hour and a half. I know that still sounds long, but it's definitely worth that much of a wait, nothing is worth a full three hours IMO. Plus you're in line after the park closes so it's not like you could be using the time on other attractions anyway.

This was my experience with other new & popular attractions like Frozen and & the Dwarfs coaster.

Once Fastpass line clears, the regular wait becomes a fraction of what it was.

Hcalvert

All I can say is that I have heard nothing but terrible news about FOP wait times. It seems to build to several hours very quickly each day.

I hear some talk about getting there at 0630 or earlier just to be in front of the line at rope drop. Even being there at rope drop on EMH seems to mean that most everybody is heading to Pandora.

I know this does not directly answer your question. My point is this: I am planning a trip in December to where we touch Animal Kingdom on 4 separate days (out of 8) and thus I hope to secure 3 Fastpasses for FOP and 1 for the River Journey. That way I can count on riding FOP 3 times. I hear FP for FOP is the only way to go unless you like a long wait and thus planning is everything.

I thought that I would be able to get multiple day FPs for FOP, but there were no FPs available until the last day of my 7 day vacation. I booked them last Friday and the earliest FP was 10:30am. I think this year is even more worse than when FOP first opened. I had no problems getting a FP during that week after Memorial Day.

Last edited:

Dave B

Wow that is crazy, when are you going? We are going May 9-15 and we were able to get it EVERYDAY of our trip, in fact I upgraded tro Park Hopper so we can go to other parks as well, because we were able to get it everyday. I do have a question. If that is the only fast pass we have that day, as soon as we use it can we get 2 fast passes at another park? or do we have to do all three at the same park before we can get the additional, at that point one at a time

Hcalvert

Wow that is crazy, when are you going? We are going May 9-15 and we were able to get it EVERYDAY of our trip, in fact I upgraded tro Park Hopper so we can go to other parks as well, because we were able to get it everyday. I do have a question. If that is the only fast pass we have that day, as soon as we use it can we get 2 fast passes at another park? or do we have to do all three at the same park before we can get the additional, at that point one at a time

I am going June 5-12, which is peak season with school being out. I couldn't go earlier this year because I am a teacher and I have to report until June 1 this year. You have to book your FPs all at the same park. After you exhausted your 3 FPs, you can book at any park. We have hoppers and that is our plan and what we did last year. You could always book them early if you don't want the other 2 and let them expire---although I don't like wasting FPs. You then would be able to book the additional one after all three were used/expired.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

If you just have FoP, then you can book 2 more at another park once you've scanned in. If the second park has tiers, you can book a tier 1 and a tier 2 FP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom